Thread: Help with using an external microphone on the LG Escape 3

Feedback Score

Help with using an external microphone on the LG Escape 3

I am posting here because I think this is where the most Escape 3 users are. I am using an Escape 3 that has been unlocked on Pure Talk (another AT&T MVNO); so you haven't seen me around this part of Howard Forums much.

What I am trying to do is use an external microphone to pickup conversation using Googles new Live Translate app to get speech to text. The inexpensive one that I picked up is loose and thus not recognized by the phone as connected all the time. It will connect but then lose it if not held in just the right place in the connector. Do any of you have suggestions?

Feedback Score
    have you tried using the microphone already built into the phone ?? if that doesn't work well then you could try using a Bluetooth microphone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    have you tried using the microphone already built into the phone ?? if that doesn't work well then you could try using a Bluetooth microphone.
    It looks like I should have explained further. The app is to get what is said on the phone so that I can read it because of my poor hearing. The builtin mike will pickup but it can be hard to get the phone in the best position to both pickup the words and be able to read them.

I have not really checked out about a bluetooth mic as I am expecting it to need a battery and I already have to keep track of batteries for soooo many other things. I will check on them though.

Feedback Score
    most bluetooth mic have a rechargeable battery, so no need to buy batteries.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    most bluetooth mic have a rechargeable battery, so no need to buy batteries.
    Any specific suggestions? I am looking for just a microphone — not part of a headset or ear buds

Feedback Score
    So not exactly an answer to your question, but if you use the speaker phone option, would that help with being able to talk to the phone while looking at the screen?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane B. View Post
    Any specific suggestions? I am looking for just a microphone — not part of a headset or ear buds
    found one that plugs into a headphone jack, it's not bluetooth though. - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Microphone-...0AAOSwHglcQJVA

Feedback Score
    Here is a link to one of the many places that have more information about the app https://www.rtinsights.com/how-googl...iption-skills/

The one that is not connecting consistently is one that plugs into the headphone jack. Thus, the thought of bluetooth.

Thanks all I am still trying! It seems there is a choice between ones that come out of China, cost less and take about a month to get here and ones that are sent from somewhere in the USA, get here quicker but cost more.