Thread: Anyone know why my wife's iPhone Group MMS not sending?

Feedback Score

Anyone know why my wife's iPhone Group MMS not sending?

A couple weeks ago my wife says it started that anything that is a "green" bubble text (ie something that is a group MMS instead of 100% iMessage recipients) says "delivery failed"

I googled a bit, turned off and on again her "MMS" and "Group" settings under messages, and reset the network settings, and updated to iOS 12.2. Still doesn't seem to work. Used to work fine until 2 weeks ago.

Any ideas on how to fix? No, pls don't say "download [Textra]" (or any other texting app). She wants to keep using normal iPhone messages app and since everything was fine until a couple weeks ago I can't imagine what changed to break it. Is it something on the Cricket side? My Android Group MMS works fine.

Help please, thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    A couple weeks ago my wife says it started that anything that is a "green" bubble text (ie something that is a group MMS instead of 100% iMessage recipients) says "delivery failed"

I googled a bit, turned off and on again her "MMS" and "Group" settings under messages, and reset the network settings, and updated to iOS 12.2. Still doesn't seem to work. Used to work fine until 2 weeks ago.

Any ideas on how to fix? No, pls don't say "download [Textra]" (or any other texting app). She wants to keep using normal iPhone messages app and since everything was fine until a couple weeks ago I can't imagine what changed to break it. Is it something on the Cricket side? My Android Group MMS works fine.

Help please, thanks
    When this happened with my mothers phone it was the android phone that wouldn’t accept messages from iPhones. We had to factory reset her s8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    try turning off i message in settings - https://community.cricketwireless.co...ders/td-p/1679

Feedback Score
    Yeah it is just odd that it worked fine for years and now just a couple weeks ago it doesnt work. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that we switched Sim cards for a few days when we went to Canada several weeks ago. She can't recall when the problem started exactly.

Feedback Score
    Re-check the iPhone's APN settings/values for Cricket.
    Please click 10 or more times HERE to view this signature.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Do messages send with wifi turned off? (not a permanent solution I know)

Try powering down the phone, removing the sim for a minute, putting it back in, powering back up

Otherwise contact Cricket support and see if they can mess with anything on their end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Device(s)
    V3xx
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Removing the SIM and replacing it with a different carrier SIM changed the APN/messaging settings in the iPhone. Since Apple doesn't let you manually change them, you can try connecting to iTunes to see if it updates the carrier settings, otherwise you're looking at doing a complete reset/erase of the phone and restore via iTunes or iCloud.