Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: TF is notifying owners of old CDMA phones

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jairzinho View Post
    Oh great! I got the message on my old VZW iPhone 4S. I have a spare iPhone 5S but it's an unlocked at&t-based model that doesn't support CDMA but it's LTE-capable (specs HERE) and I want to keep my TF service with the VZW network. I cannot use it (unless I transfer to at&t network), can I?
    Boz1 is right. So you need to get a iPhone SE or iPhone 6 or newer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Owners of old CDMA phones without a TF account won't get the email because TF doesn't have their email address. I wonder if they'll get a text message from TF.
    I received both the email and a text.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635, Moto G 2nd
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone x3, PPCx2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX3, H20, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Owners of old CDMA phones without a TF account won't get the email because TF doesn't have their email address. I wonder if they'll get a text message from TF.
    I got an account, and I got both text and email. I assume every one will get a text at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    A 5S is CDMA capable, but it's NOT Vzw VoLTE/HD Voice capable.
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    Boz1 is right. So you need to get a iPhone SE or iPhone 6 or newer.
    Thanks both. So the at&t 5S is VZW-TF compatible (CDMA voice), but not for VoLTE. I thought it didn't have the CDMA capability at all, as the specs for ME305LL/A (A1533 GSM North America) states "not CDMA EV-DO". Well it's a moot point if it is not VoLTE capable anyway.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jairzinho View Post
    Thanks both. So the at&t 5S is VZW-TF compatible (CDMA voice), but not for VoLTE. I thought it didn't have the CDMA capability at all, as the specs for ME305LL/A (A1533 GSM North America) states "not CDMA EV-DO". Well it's a moot point if it is not VoLTE capable anyway.
    I think the older iPhones were more so carrier based. So you could be right. I think there is technically only two models for the iPhone SE, 6, and 7 models which is Verizon and GSM based. Then I think starting with the iPhone 8 and newer is basically the same between all the carriers. It is just the SIM that tells it what to use. I could be wrong since I don't follow the iPhones specs myself.

Feedback Score
    Unactivated phones in a TF account may not get notices. May not get any offers either. It was that way during the AT&T 2G shutdown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Unactivated phones in a TF account may not get notices. May not get any offers either. It was that way during the AT&T 2G shutdown.
    That is the case for me so far. I have an inactive Galaxy S4 in my account and have not been notified yet. I took care of upgrading to a VoLTE phone back in November 2018.

Feedback Score
    So here's a question... I got the call today about the "network changes" on my LG 34C, a CDMA phone.
    BUT... when I went to the form to enter my number to see the "offers" it says "It appears your phone is currently not affected by the network change." So what should I believe?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tjones262 View Post
    So here's a question... I got the call today about the "network changes" on my LG 34C, a CDMA phone.
    BUT... when I went to the form to enter my number to see the "offers" it says "It appears your phone is currently not affected by the network change." So what should I believe?
    The LG 34C appears to be a 3G phone. Without LTE it cannot possibly do VoLTE.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    The LG 34C appears to be a 3G phone. Without LTE it cannot possibly do VoLTE.
    So this means the current changes must not involve VoLTE and that's why my phone is "currently not affected by the network change"?

Feedback Score
    The CDMA shutdown isn't for a while yet, so you are currently not messed up. But you got the heads up about it and can get ready.

That is the change. Loss of CDMA. You will need a different phone. The VoLTE thing is already operational as the successor to CDMA.

Feedback Score
    So this means the current changes must not involve VoLTE and that's why my phone is "currently not affected by the network change"?
    Since they didn't say exactly what network changes they notified you about we don't know much.

It could be that Tracfone's system is in error.

One thing for sure, your phone without LTE and VoLTE capability will not work for Verizon voice calls come 1/1/2020.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    BUT... when I went to the form to enter my number to see the "offers" it says "It appears your phone is currently not affected by the network change."
    You followed a link from the notification they sent?

The old page from the AT&T 2G shutdown was still active a week ago.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    You followed a link from the notification they sent?

The old page from the AT&T 2G shutdown was still active a week ago.
    "Julie" left me a voice msg and 'spoke' this address www.yourphoneupgrade.com/TracFone

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    "Julie" left me a voice msg and 'spoke' this address www.yourphoneupgrade.com/TracFone
    That's the old AT&T shutdown of 2G. Not related to Verizon going to VoLTE.

Feedback Score
    No it means a Tracfone system error like others have said. Many of us had VoLTE active on our capable phones when CSRs were still saying they don't support VoLTE. Some of their automated systems aren't anymore up to date then their CSRs.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast