Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: TF is notifying owners of old CDMA phones

Feedback Score
    It seems that TF is not offering the same "special" pricing to everyone affected by the CDMA shutdown. Not sure what controls the pricing. I followed the links provided in the text message and saw these two examples (there were about 15 shown.)

iPhone 6s Space Grey 32gb for $174.99
    Moto E5 (XT1920DL) for $119.99

But...Turk, from the forum of the same name, posted screenshots of his "special" offers that showed the following pricing:

iPhone 6s Space Grey 32gb for $124.99
    Moto E5 (XT1920DL) for $69.99

What are others seeing if you follow the links?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    It may be that Tracfone will get nervous as time passes and offer you a bigger discount so as not to lose you as a customer.
    Keep checking what you are being offered and look for later notifications.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    It seems that TF is not offering the same "special" pricing to everyone affected by the CDMA shutdown. Not sure what controls the pricing.
    I wonder if the discount amount varies depending on the old phone that will quit working. An owner of a smartphone like the U2 should be offered a higher discount than the owner of a flip-phone.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tjones262 View Post
    "Julie" left me a voice msg and 'spoke' this address www.yourphoneupgrade.com/TracFone
    In typical Tracfone fashion, they botched up the notification. When you click on that link, you'll briefly see that on the browser "tab" for that page, it says "2G Migration Eligibility". That the old 2G-to-3G Migration that AT&T did back in 2016.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I wonder if the discount amount varies depending on the old phone that will quit working. An owner of a smartphone like the U2 should be offered a higher discount than the owner of a flip-phone.
    That certainly could be the case. The phone that got the text was the U2. That is why I was wondering what others were seeing. Trying to see if it is the phone, the service days left, or balances...or what. I will ask Turk for info about the phone he got the offer for.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    In typical Tracfone fashion, they botched up the notification. When you click on that link, you'll briefly see that on the browser "tab" for that page, it says "2G Migration Eligibility". That the old 2G-to-3G Migration that AT&T did back in 2016.
    OK... I didn't get a text so anyone care to share the "proper" link?

Feedback Score
    I didn't get a text or an email. I happened to be in my account adding more texts to my kids phones and saw the message listed in the body under my phone. My discount is $50 off their list of 16 phones. I have a Samsung SCH-S380C. I also have a smart phone so I'm going to let this ride and see if the discount goes up or different phones get added at the end of the year.

What's the actual date of discontinuation? Dec 31, 2019??

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTechie View Post
    That's the planned date by Verizon.

Feedback Score
    I didn't get a text or an email. I happened to be in my account adding more texts to my kids phones and saw the message listed in the body under my phone. My discount is $50 off their list of 16 phones. I have a Samsung SCH-S380C. I also have a smart phone so I'm going to let this ride and see if the discount goes up or different phones get added at the end of the year.

The actual $50 of is misleading. Others are seeing lower pricing. What was the price of the iPhone 6s and the Moto E5?

Feedback Score
    Moto E5 is 69.99, the Iphone 6S 32 gb is 124.99, the 6S Plus is $224.99, the Iphone 7 is 274.99.

Feedback Score
    Moto E5 is 69.99, the Iphone 6S 32 gb is 124.99, the 6S Plus is $224.99, the Iphone 7 is 274.99.
    You are seeing the lower pricing. Maybe TF just doesn't like my SIL (the U2 is her phone.)

Feedback Score
    I got the notification and just got around to checking pricing. We have two CDMA phones that will need to be upgraded. Interestingly, upgrade pricing was different for the two phones, and not consistent. On phone 1, the cost to upgrade to a Samsung J3 Orbit was $20 lower than phone 2. But upgrading phone 1 to an LG rebel 4 was $30 higher than the offer for phone 2. I decided to go ahead and upgrade, but went with one of the ebay deals with bundled minutes. That was a better value than the upgrade offers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ultrawolf View Post
    I got the notification and just got around to checking pricing. We have two CDMA phones that will need to be upgraded. Interestingly, upgrade pricing was different for the two phones, and not consistent. On phone 1, the cost to upgrade to a Samsung J3 Orbit was $20 lower than phone 2. But upgrading phone 1 to an LG rebel 4 was $30 higher than the offer for phone 2. I decided to go ahead and upgrade, but went with one of the ebay deals with bundled minutes. That was a better value than the upgrade offers.
    You are right. There is no consistency in the pricing. What I did find out was that I had to go all the way to checkout before I saw an additional discount.

Feedback Score
    Semi-related long story: I got the notification for my old cdma Samsung S4, so I bought a Tracfone iPhone 6s for $131 after their upgrade discount. Phone arrived and I activated it (transferred my service) using the red activation card (IMEI and SIM numbers). Phone worked great for one day and then stopped. Turns out they put someone else's IMEI on my activation card, but with the correct SIM. We figured it out after comparing all the numbers from card vs. actual phone.

TF then tells me I have zero balance and they have no record of my balance and the phone number is gone because of the mismatch -- and that I need to go purchase a new SIM because of MY error. I asked why since the activation card error was their fault. They said it was my fault for not double checking the activation card numbers, even though the TF website said to begin by using that activation card.

In the meantime, before the new SIM I ordered has even arrived, the iPhone started working again with a random phone number from a different STATE. I checked the balance using USAGE to 611611 and it shows 3 totally random balances not even close to what I had.

That's where I am at the moment, but I have no idea how to proceed once I get the new SIM. I wish I could start all over again. Whoever messed up my card must have scanned my IMEI onto someone else's activation card, too...so I don't know how that will play out.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    How did you activate the iPhone? using the online process, or calling TF, or using Chat? If you used Chat and saved the chat transcript, that would make your fight with TF easier.

You can try working with TF Executive Resolution (call their Miami Office and ask for that dept) to get thing sorted out. If it's not resolved to your satisfaction, open a case with the FCC and the Miami BBB. When those agencies rattle TF's cage (and they will), someone from TF will contact you to work out a solution. The more proofs you have, the stronger your case.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast