Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: TF is notifying owners of old CDMA phones

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635, Moto G 2nd
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone x3, PPCx2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX3, H20, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I guess someone can try activating a non-LTE phone now and see if it's accepted.

I think TF miscategorized the Sensa.
    FWIW I just tried to re-activate a VZW iPhone 4S that I had previously used with tracfone and it said that "device is not eligible"

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jairzinho View Post
    FWIW I just tried to re-activate a VZW iPhone 4S that I had previously used with tracfone and it said that "device is not eligible"
    Thanks for that data point. I think TF miscategorized the Sensa as VoLTE capable. I did some research and the Huawei Sensa is identical to the Huawei Honor 5X. There's a YouTube video from someone in India showing the 5X got OTA update back in 2016 to add VoLTE capability. But I can't find anything similar for the Sensa. Its user's manual doesn't mention VoLTE. It does have 4G/LTE data capability.

Feedback Score
    I guess someone can try activating a non-LTE phone now and see if it's accepted.

I think TF miscategorized the Sensa.
    The ZTE ZFive is LTE, but the ones Tracfone was selling last October were not VoLTE.

Early this month I noticed my Samsung Luna and ZTE ZFive were marked for termination in my account.
    This was troubling, as I had an unactivated ZFive with a year of service included.
    I tried to transfer my last surviving 2126i to it, and was told 'call support for a replacement phone'.
    All efforts to activate the ZFive failed, including a tech support session lasting over an hour with somebody who promised he'd get it done, or at least save the 1200 minutes and 365 days that were built into the ZFive.

I finally let another tech support rep send me a replacement phone (what will I get? the identical phone). Fedex brought me another brand new ZFive, presumably this one with VoLTE support. I'll transfer my Mom's ZFive to it, and then send a letter to Florida about her missing 1200 minutes, which I'm sure won't magically appear when I activate the replacement phone.

BTW, if anybody is still reading this, is there a number to call for Executive Resolutions in Florida, or an email address?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taxmantoo View Post
    is there a number to call for Executive Resolutions in Florida, or an email address?
    There's contact info on THIS SITE . Call the main number or the C.S. number and ask for Executive Resolutions Dept. If it's not resolved to your satisfaction, open a case with Miami BBB and the FCC. They'll rattle TF's cage and someone from TF will contact you to work it out.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The ZTE ZFive is LTE, but the ones Tracfone was selling last October were not VoLTE.

Early this month I noticed my Samsung Luna and ZTE ZFive were marked for termination in my account.
    This was troubling, as I had an unactivated ZFive with a year of service included.
    I tried to transfer my last surviving 2126i to it, and was told 'call support for a replacement phone'.
    All efforts to activate the ZFive failed, including a tech support session lasting over an hour with somebody who promised he'd get it done, or at least save the 1200 minutes and 365 days that were built into the ZFive.

I finally let another tech support rep send me a replacement phone (what will I get? the identical phone). Fedex brought me another brand new ZFive, presumably this one with VoLTE support. I'll transfer my Mom's ZFive to it, and then send a letter to Florida about her missing 1200 minutes, which I'm sure won't magically appear when I activate the replacement phone.

BTW, if anybody is still reading this, is there a number to call for Executive Resolutions in Florida, or an email address?
    I am shocked that the J1 Luna was marked for termination because I know it's big brother that came out at the same time was the J3 Sky, and it has VoLTE. Even if you are talking about the J3 Luna Pro, it's big brother that came out at the same time was the J7 Sky Pro, and it has VoLTE too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I am shocked that the J1 Luna was marked for termination because I know it's big brother that came out at the same time was the J3 Sky, and it has VoLTE. Even if you are talking about the J3 Luna Pro, it's big brother that came out at the same time was the J7 Sky Pro, and it has VoLTE too.
    S120VL EDIT:yep, it's called the J1.
    When the Luna hit the $49.99 with a year of service bin in the eBay store, I bought one Luna and one ZFive, and found out I couldn't buy any more phones for ten days, and the Lunas sold out in less than a week. It's been my favorite android phone, but I couldn't get more like it.
    Then I bought a pair of Rebel2, and some more ZFives whenever there was a good deal going.

Of all the phones I bought last year, only the Rebel2 is not marked for extinction when I log into my TF account.
    Maybe I'll take a look at the J3.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Of all the phones I bought last year, only the Rebel2 is not marked for extinction when I log into my TF account.
    Just curious...what's the verbiage/indication when a phone is "marked for extinction"?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Just curious...what's the verbiage/indication when a phone is "marked for extinction"?
    I am wondering the same thing because I know the J1 Luna supports VoLTE because I have a friend that had one. The only thing that he had to do was a temp SIM swap and then reactivate the original SIM after about month of the temporary SIM. It is like someone else with a J3 Sky on here. I can't remember who that was right this second.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    The only thing that he had to do was a temp SIM swap and then reactivate the original SIM after about month of the temporary SIM. It is like someone else with a J3 Sky on here. I can't remember who that was right this second.
    That was me. I transferred service from my J3 Sky to another phone then a few days later transferred back. It got provisioned for VoLTE when reactivated.

Feedback Score
    I am wondering the same thing because I know the J1 Luna supports VoLTE because I have a friend that had one. The only thing that he had to do was a temp SIM swap and then reactivate the original SIM after about month of the temporary SIM.
    That is surprising about the J1 Luna being VoLTE capable, as it was always considered to not be. There is a list here on Turk Forums made up of user reports that Turk then compiled into a single list.

Feedback Score
    If the replacement ZFive will activate, all of the old service should transfer to it. I would try that before contacting them.

PM me for direct contact of someone in Executive Resolution. Contacting higher level management is a waste of time. They will just kick it down to someone lower level.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    If the replacement ZFive will activate, all of the old service should transfer to it.
    They are talking about airtime bundled with the phone that wouldn't activate.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    That is surprising about the J1 Luna being VoLTE capable, as it was always considered to not be. There is a list here on Turk Forums made up of user reports that Turk then compiled into a single list.
    My friend could have told me wrong. Just before Thanksgiving this last year, he was wondering how I was able to surf and talk at the same time, and I explain to him that it was VoLTE. All he said it was "Samsung J something with a small screen." I never did see his old phone ever. So I thought it was a Galaxy J1 Luna since it was Samsung J series with a small screen. He was wondering how he could get VoLTE. So I explain to him how some people get it, and how my brother got it on his Galaxy S7. A little past Thanksgiving, he had HD calling, and he was able to use data and calling at the same time. He never did tell me how he got it, and I never did ask. Then a few month ago, he told me that he had to replace his old phone with a new phone. He knew what his new phone was this time tho. He told me that he got Moto E5. So I don't know how long he had that phone for tho. Since then, I have not talked to him. He gets into moods that he does not want to talk to people at times. So right now I have not talked to him in a while to get more info. He mainly bugs me if he gets car issue mainly tho.

Feedback Score
    If the replacement ZFive will activate, all of the old service should transfer to it. I would try that before contacting them.

PM me for direct contact of someone in Executive Resolution. Contacting higher level management is a waste of time. They will just kick it down to someone lower level.
    I'm not talking about "old service".
    I bought a phone from Tracfone's eBay store which included a year of service.
    That service applies to that phone, when it's turned on and successfully activated.
    As of June 2019, Verizon won't allow activation of that phone. I had no idea TF sold me a non-VoLTE phone in late October 2018.
    I'd bet money that the replacement phone does not have a free year of service attached to its IMEI.
    Tech support chat workers have told me, in effect, "sorry, unless you activate the phone we won't let you activate, you don't get those minutes"
    So I'm planning in advance to have to fight for those minutes when I transfer my mom's service to the replacement phone.

Feedback Score
    It's not there any more.
    A week or two ago, in My Account summary, the Verizon served non VoLTE phones had a message that the phone would soon be deactivated, but we'll gladly sell you a new one at a discount.
    I just logged into my account, and the active ZFive doesn't have that message any more.

Maybe I should try again to activate the new/old ZFive with the year of service.
    Nope, still can't activate it.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast