Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: TF is notifying owners of old CDMA phones

Feedback Score
    Both those flip phones have awful reviews but I got the ZTE anyway cause it was 8 bucks. I just want it as an emergency phone, so hopefully it will serve its purpose. I should be getting in the next few days.

Feedback Score
    I tried the Z233VL and Alcatel MyFlip. The ratings may be low but I think people are comparing them to the sturdy old 3G flips, high end 4G flips or smartphones. They're not. They're basic, plastic, cheap$ and serve the purpose. More for talk then attempting anything else even though you can if you have the patience. The Z doesn't have wifi and the volume (hearing) seemed low. The My flip has wifi and volume is good. I stayed with the MyFlip for my mom because of the volume issue with the Z. But it was an ebay used one so could have just been defective.
    If you're a light user or as a backup, for the price, either is good and $20 or less.

Feedback Score
    My ZTE z233vl flip has been active as a backup phone for months now and I don't use it much but it works fine for me. I got it free with plan purchase and the $20 90 day 60 minutes card tripled to 180/180/180. I liked it enough to get a second one in case mine ever dies. Its battery lasts a long time on standby.

The only issue I had was I couldn't find a way to change the default ringtone but I was able to assign ringtones to contacts when adding them to the phone directory.

I also couldn't find a way to delete texts without opening them when I get unsolicited texts.

When I go to TF's website to check add ons, I'm only offered 300 minutes talk for $10 instead of the 500 minutes I'm offered for my smartphone. I don't get offered the messaging add on at all for the flip. But I was able to do the 49.99 years service add on.

Sent from my LG-K371 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the [email protected] I was hoping that was the case!!

Feedback Score
    Glad to give feedback. I'm happy with mine, hope you like yours.

With phones for some reason it's on an individual basis, some are great and others a dog to use. I tried the My Flip and didn't like it as much although some really prefer it. It activated with a good phone number so I saved that to my ZTE flip.

Quote Originally Posted by NoTechie View Post
    Thanks for the [email protected] I was hoping that was the case!!
    Sent from my LGL163BL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I've been getting warnings that my phone is incompatible with the upgrades. But it's an iPhone XR, it's literally less than a year old. Is this a mistake on Tracfone's part? My previous phone on this number was an iPhone 5.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brian577 View Post
    I've been getting warnings that my phone is incompatible with the upgrades. But it's an iPhone XR, it's literally less than a year old. Is this a mistake on Tracfone's part? My previous phone on this number was an iPhone 5.
    When you activated the SIM that is in the XR did you give the IMEI of the XR?
    If you used a different phone`s IMEI, then that is the phone Tracfone is saying is incompatible.
    Also, what date was the XR originally offered for sale? Was your XR sold unlocked or service provider branded?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Just curious, which "upgrades" are you referring to ?
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Just curious, which "upgrades" are you referring to ?
    The "upgrades" is the Verizon's upgrade to VoLTE and dropping support for CDMA. For exact wording, see the very first post of this thread.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    The "upgrades" is the Verizon's upgrade to VoLTE and dropping support for CDMA. For exact wording, see the very first post of this thread.
    I appreciate your response, but most people refer to OS or security when they refer to "updates". I just wanted to clarify. I am well aware of the Verizon network changes.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    I appreciate your response, but most people refer to OS or security when they refer to "updates". I just wanted to clarify. I am well aware of the Verizon network changes.
    Then tell TF/Verizon to use language you prefer.

They are calling it a network upgrade.

You are the only one confusing it with OS updates.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    When you activated the SIM that is in the XR did you give the IMEI of the XR?
    If you used a different phone`s IMEI, then that is the phone Tracfone is saying is incompatible.
    Also, what date was the XR originally offered for sale? Was your XR sold unlocked or service provider branded?
    I'm fairly certain I gave them the IMEI for the new phone. I purchased it April/May direct from Apple last year. It's unlocked.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    I'm fairly certain I gave them the IMEI for the new phone. I purchased it April/May direct from Apple last year. It's unlocked.
    Is the XR in your Tracfone account? If yes, log into your account and see if the IMEI is listed for it. The entry might have a phone number, or the SIM number, or the IMEI.

One way to do some checking is to go to TF web site, go through the process to ACTIVATE a BYOP, tell it you don't have a SIM yet, and want to activate with TF/Verizon. When it asks for the IMEI, enter the XR's IMEI. If it PASSES, something isn't right, because the XR's IMEI should already be paired with your current SIM, and it should come back with an error. If it DOESN'T PASS, it's inconclusive, because that could be because its IMEI is already paired with the current SIM, or because somehow TF thinks the phone doesn't support VoLTE. Let us know the result.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Then tell TF/Verizon to use language you prefer.

They are calling it a network upgrade.

You are the only one confusing it with OS updates.
    I wasn't certain if they were referring to a phone upgrade or the simply a question about the pending network upgrade. Lighten up already.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Is the XR in your Tracfone account? If yes, log into your account and see if the IMEI is listed for it. The entry might have a phone number, or the SIM number, or the IMEI.
    The previous iPhone 5 should also be listed as inactive, without a phone number.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast