Thread: Schedule for Newer Tracfone Branded Iphones to be added to site

Feedback Score

Schedule for Newer Tracfone Branded Iphones to be added to site

Does anyone know when the Iphone 8 will be added as one of the Tracfone branded phones? Just wondered how long it will be? Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTechie View Post
    Does anyone know when the Iphone 8 will be added as one of the Tracfone branded phones? Just wondered how long it will be? Thanks
    Are you looking to buy an iPhone 8? You might be able to buy a refurbished one from apple.com for the same price you would pay for a tracfone one and it would be unlocked. Just FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Parker5011 View Post
    Are you looking to buy an iPhone 8? You might be able to buy a refurbished one from apple.com for the same price you would pay for a tracfone one and it would be unlocked. Just FYI.

I really need to learn the whole Bring your own phone thing. It's for my kid, not myself. I'm fine with the tracfone branded phones, but you know kids! I can't seem to catch on to what all is involved :-(

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Do a chat with Tracfone and see if they will rebrand a straight talk or Total Wireless iphone 8

Members here have done it with Straight Talk and Total Wireless 6,7 and SE's

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TacoDan View Post
    Do a chat with Tracfone and see if they will rebrand a straight talk or Total Wireless iphone 8

Members here have done it with Straight Talk and Total Wireless 6,7 and SE's
    Edgardo told me he would recommend I just buy a Tracfone device.

Feedback Score
    I really need to learn the whole Bring your own phone thing. It's for my kid, not myself. I'm fine with the tracfone branded phones, but you know kids! I can't seem to catch on to what all is involved :-(
    be best to buy from the apple store unlocked, that way if later on down the road, you can switch cellular providers without fuss.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    be best to buy from the apple store unlocked, that way if later on down the road, you can switch cellular providers without fuss.

What about on amazon? They have some? But I don't really understand how I know if they can be used on tracfone? Like this phone:
    https://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPhone-...%2C160&sr=1-11

What is the bit about it being able to be used on T Mobile and AT & T, does that mean it can't be used on Tracfone?

And if it can, what do we have to do (in step by step instructions) to use it on Tracfone?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    This

TracFone makes you wait a year before they unlock your phone. If you go to Apple’s website you can look at their refurbished phones and sometimes get them for the same price as a brand new one and since they come from Apple I have the same warranty as a brand new one and have been checked over by Apple so they are completely legit and they are unlocked so you can use them with any service you want

Feedback Score

Schedule for Newer Tracfone Branded Iphones to be added to site

What about on amazon? They have some? But I don't really understand how I know if they can be used on tracfone? Like this phone:
    https://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPhone-...%2C160&sr=1-11

What is the bit about it being able to be used on T Mobile and AT & T, does that mean it can't be used on Tracfone?

And if it can, what do we have to do (in step by step instructions) to use it on Tracfone?
    Unlocked means it can be used on any cellular service. Because you have to choose what towers you use on tracfone whether it be Verizon T-Mobile or AT&T. With an unlocked iPhone you can use them on all those

Feedback Score
    You can also try Swappa. I've purchased a total of 6 iPhones through there and all were activated with Verizon without any issue.