Thread: Annoying Robocalls

Feedback Score

Annoying Robocalls

Lately I've been receiving 1-2 calls from "Unknown" each day. I've also received calls from legit numbers but when I call back (I missed the calls) and told the person on the other side I got a missed call from you, the only reply I got back was "No you didnt!". LOL!

Feedback Score
    When I eat sunflower seeds I always vacuum at the same time and spit the shells in front of my path.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Robocalls to cell phones are generally illegal. You're entitled to $500 per call, generally, from the offenders.

May I suggest this link : https://michaelrkn.github.io/how-to-sue-a-telemarketer/

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Legal or not, good luck enforcing this with foreign spammers.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by seiyafan View Post
    Lately I've been receiving 1-2 calls from "Unknown" each day. I've also received calls from legit numbers but when I call back (I missed the calls) and told the person on the other side I got a missed call from you, the only reply I got back was "No you didnt!". LOL!
    The computer uses a piece of software called a spoofer that basically picks, at random, phone numbers that match your area code usually and will then make your phone believe they're calling from that phone. I've known people to actually get phone calls from themselves like their own cell phone. I've also seen somebody that got calls from their landline to their cell phone and they were standing next to their landline. So the number that calls you is not true. There's no way to trace it down to who called you without somehow going through the phone companies and having them trace it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    It's probably not the most elegant solution, but I use an app called "Call Blocker" that sends all calls that are not in my address book straight to voice mail. It got to the point where I wasn't answering calls I didn't recognize anyway, so this just avoids the disruption of the phone ringing. If you're dealing with a number that you want to get through, but it's not important enough to save to your contacts, you can also whitelist it in the app.

I changed my outgoing message on my voicemail to stress that if you want to call back, you have to leave a message (or text me instead) because I won't call you back just because I see your missed call. That's a tough one to phrase without sounding like a jerk, but whatever.

Feedback Score
    My S8 had a cool feature that was like enhanced caller ID. When I upgraded to Android Pie last week it disappeared. Maybe I need to check settings and turn it on again or something

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    My S8 had a cool feature that was like enhanced caller ID. When I upgraded to Android Pie last week it disappeared. Maybe I need to check settings and turn it on again or something
    What was it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
    What was it?
    It was just the Call iD and spam protection setting in the phone app settings. I turned it back on

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    It was just the Call iD and spam protection setting in the phone app settings. I turned it back on
    Still works on my U1. Though I did have to turn it back on in settings on my Note 8.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
    Still works on my U1. Though I did have to turn it back on in settings on my Note 8.
    yep I have the U1 as well. It works. It just turned off when I upgraded to Pie so I needed to go in and flip the switch back on.