Thread: Samsung Galaxy S10e randomly lowers volume during voicemail call

Device(s)
    Iphone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score

Samsung Galaxy S10e randomly lowers volume during voicemail call

I have been using a Galaxy S10e on Tmobile for the past month and a half without any major problems other than some with Tmobile. The other day I decided to switch to AT&T and purchased a new S10e from them. Got home the other night and noticed that the phone was rather warm near the volume buttons while charging. I didn't think much of it, until while setting up my voicemail (regular voicemail, not visual voicemail) I noticed that the phone would randomly lower the volume down by itself to too low a level. I had to manually bring the volume back up. Well, this happened about half the times that I went to check my voicemail, so I thought I should bring the phone back and exchange it for another. To make a long story short, this same exact thing happened on the second phone. This one also felt very warm, almost hot right at the volume buttons while charging and had the same exact volume issues during voicemail. I had not made more than a couple of regular calls on either of the phones but I WAS on the phone with Samsung tech support for about 20 minutes and didn't experience any issues during the call...just on voicemail. I exchanged the phone for something altogether different.
    Is this something that anyone has seen happen?

Device(s)
    Iphone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Strange how this happened to me with 2 consecutive iphones and not one person here has experienced it.

Device(s)
    Iphone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Strange how this happened to me with 2 consecutive S10e phones (not iphones) and not one person here has experienced it

Feedback Score
    You are touching the screen with your ear while talking and the screen is not turned off automatically.

Feedback Score
    I had a similar issue with a Samsung J1. When I put it to the speaker it eventually lowering its voice. I did not consider it that much. Because generally, it works well. I wonder why anyone doesn't knows an answer for this.

Device(s)
    Iphone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Just an update to this...
    No I was not touching the screen with my ear, I am not stupid enough to not have considered this. The volume lowered even while I held the phone in my hand several inches away from my face.
    Tried a new Galaxy S10e last week and this time there were far more problems with it than that one from 3 months ago. random apps would start up on their own, I had to reset the face detection on my banking apps 3 times in 3 days, things would appear on the screen when it was locked (always on display turned off), and the final straw was when the phone decided to initiate an email to someone all on its own.
    Obvious problems with these phones apparently since one of the software updates.

Device(s)
    too many to list
    Carrier(s)
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    I tried my se no issues for me

Sent from My Galaxy Tab S5e using Tapatalk
    Peter Is A God AkA Gods Son

Feedback Score
    That's weird. Could be an S10e bug.