Thread: ATT Network Extremely Slow the Last Few Months

Feedback Score

ATT Network Extremely Slow the Last Few Months

Has anyone else noticed this?

When I sign in using my Wi-Fi the connection it's very fast. But when I'm away from home I can't even login to buy $1 worth of data when there's no Wi-Fi around. The login screen take a long time to come up, but then it usually times out before the next screen comes up.

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have not had any problems. Is this only in one location? If it's always the same location may it could be an issue with a particular local tower?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidZz View Post
    Has anyone else noticed this? When I sign in using my Wi-Fi the connection it's very fast. But when I'm away from home I can't even login to buy $1 worth of data when there's no Wi-Fi around. The login screen take a long time to come up, but then it usually times out before the next screen comes up.
    what plan are you on ?? have you used up your high speed data allowance and are on the throttled 128 kbps speed ??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    what plan are you on ?? have you used up your high speed data allowance and are on the throttled 128 kbps speed ??
    I'm on the $2 daily plan. I spoke with an ATT rep today. He said that before I sign in and buy the $1 a day for 100 MB add on, I'm on the slower speed. I guess that probably explains it. Is 128 kbps the slower speed?

Nonetheless, it's a lot slower than it was before. And it happens from multiple locations around town.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone else noticed this?

When I sign in using my Wi-Fi the connection it's very fast. But when I'm away from home I can't even login to buy $1 worth of data when there's no Wi-Fi around. The login screen take a long time to come up, but then it usually times out before the next screen comes up.

From about 2015 until about this time last year I noticed this, but sometime starting last summer, AT&T has started ripping and replacing tower equipment. adding towers, and adding small cells like CRAZY around here, they went from worst to best in a matter of 8 months, so I'm sure relief is on the way to your town too. I'm in Sacramento if it matters.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Is 128 kbps the slower speed?
    NO: it is 128 kbps MAXIMUM

as we speak I have depleted my data [& I'll leave ATT tomorrow]:

I have 15 maximum and about 10 average

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alj96z View Post
    From about 2015 until about this time last year I noticed this, but sometime starting last summer, AT&T has started ripping and replacing tower equipment. adding towers, and adding small cells like CRAZY around here, they went from worst to best in a matter of 8 months, so I'm sure relief is on the way to your town too. I'm in Sacramento if it matters.
    Sacramento could really use the improvements!
    Durham, NC