Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Bad ESN on Page Plus

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    434
    Device(s)
    i1000000
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel duh
    Feedback Score
    0

    Bad ESN on Page Plus

    Hello everybody, I bought a phone with a bad esn with verizon but when I put in an activated PP sim card the phone worked flawlessly with calls and data. Should I expect the phone to continue working?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    314
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown Z View Post
    Hello everybody, I bought a phone with a bad esn with verizon but when I put in an activated PP sim card the phone worked flawlessly with calls and data. Should I expect the phone to continue working?
    Bad ESN on Verizon? You mean you used Verizon's IMEI checker? Did you check the PP IMEI checker?
    What's the phone model ? Is it non-Verizon branded (ie Tracfone ect.) ? That should provide the answer to the assumed Bad ESN. I think entering a non-Verizon branded phone IMEI in the Verizon site will come back as bad.
    If it's working on PP now, should be good to go.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    434
    Device(s)
    i1000000
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel duh
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Bad ESN on Verizon? You mean you used Verizon's IMEI checker? Did you check the PP IMEI checker?
    What's the phone model ? Is it non-Verizon branded (ie Tracfone ect.) ? That should provide the answer to the assumed Bad ESN. I think entering a non-Verizon branded phone IMEI in the Verizon site will come back as bad.
    If it's working on PP now, should be good to go.
    Verizon confirmed that it was bad due to non-pay and the PP IMEI checker said that that it was on the Fraud/Frozen list and ineligible for activation. However this phone, which is a Verizon branded Moto Z2, was not used for an activation but used with an already activated sim maybe that's why it works?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    314
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown Z View Post
    Verizon confirmed that it was bad due to non-pay and the PP IMEI checker said that that it was on the Fraud/Frozen list and ineligible for activation. However this phone, which is a Verizon branded Moto Z2, was not used for an activation but used with an already activated sim maybe that's why it works?
    Hmmmm...ok. What will be interesting is since the Page Plus system automatically updates the phone IMEI in their system to the IMEI of whatever phone the SIM is put into; if when that update occurs, the phone will be affected. See what happens in a couple days.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    434
    Device(s)
    i1000000
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel duh
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Hmmmm...ok. What will be interesting is since the Page Plus system automatically updates the phone IMEI in their system to the IMEI of whatever phone the SIM is put into; if when that update occurs, the phone will be affected. See what happens in a couple days.
    Thanks I'll let you know!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    3,000
    Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Expect the account to be hotlined in the near future. Then you'll have to get customer service involved in getting this cleared up.

    If you value your time, get another device.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    314
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown Z View Post
    Thanks I'll let you know!
    It's been a week. Any update? Phone still working ok ?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    434
    Device(s)
    i1000000
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel duh
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    It's been a week. Any update? Phone still working ok ?
    It worked for 2 days but then I had to give the sim card back to my friend. I checked with Verizon again about the IMEI and now they say it's clean but PP says on their end that it's bad still so I don't know who to believe. The phone however also works fine with my brother's AT&T sim. Thoughts?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    314
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown Z View Post
    It worked for 2 days but then I had to give the sim card back to my friend. I checked with Verizon again about the IMEI and now they say it's clean but PP says on their end that it's bad still so I don't know who to believe. The phone however also works fine with my brother's AT&T sim. Thoughts?
    Since you never actually activated the phone on PP and 2 days likely didn't give their system time to catch the assumed bad IMEI when it auto updates the IMEI/SIM and shut it down like we thought it might. Don't know why Verizon now says good and PP still no. From what I've read ATT doesn't use IMEIs so I don't know what they use to even check if a phone is on a stolen or fraud list or whatever. Instead of using the IMEI checker on PP try doing an actual chat with them and check it.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,882
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown Z View Post
    It worked for 2 days but then I had to give the sim card back to my friend. I checked with Verizon again about the IMEI and now they say it's clean but PP says on their end that it's bad still so I don't know who to believe. The phone however also works fine with my brother's AT&T sim. Thoughts?
    HOW did you check with Vzw again? What result do you get now by using https://www.verizonwireless.com/onedp/byod#/ to check it?

    Is it possible that the person that caused it to be "bad due to non-pay" actually paid the bill since the last time you checked?
    Vzw-$9.99/mo+$0.25/min-1999-2001
    PagePlus-2001-2015
    LycaMobile-v1-2013-2016
    Selectel Flex-2013-2015
    Puppy-2014
    Tracfone-2015-2016
    TruPhone-2015-
    Red Pocket-2016-2017
    Piranha-2016-
    FreedomPop-GSM-2016-
    T-Mo-Data-2017-
    3-2018-

    Ericsson AF738 Jul99-Dec03
    Qualcomm QCP 2760 Dec03-Feb08
    LG VX-8600 Feb08-Apr10
    Samsung Omnia SCH-i910 Apr10-Nov11
    HTC Droid Inc ADR6300 (CM7.2) Nov11-Jun13
    HTC Droid Inc 2 ADR6350 (CM7.2) Jun13-May15
    LG G2 VS980 (Rooted) May15-Apr17
    LG Phoenix 2 Mar17-

Similar Threads

  1. Activating Phones with Clear ESNs on Page Plus
    By aKansasKid in forum Page Plus Cellular
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-04-2012, 06:36 PM
  2. activating Sprint Optimus S with bad ESN on Page Plus?
    By buzz86us in forum Page Plus Handset and Technical Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-10-2011, 04:20 AM
  3. activating Sprint Optimus S with bad ESN on Page Plus?
    By buzz86us in forum Page Plus Handset and Technical Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-09-2011, 11:34 AM
  4. Can I use a droid with a questionable ESN on Page Plus?
    By happichick in forum Page Plus Cellular
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-26-2010, 09:28 PM
  5. Can I use a droid with a questionable ESN on Page Plus?
    By happichick in forum Page Plus Handset and Technical Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-26-2010, 09:28 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks