Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: AT&T Prepaid Taxes & Fees

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    537
    Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    AT&T Prepaid Taxes & Fees

    about to pull the trigger on the 8gb $50 plan ($40 w/autopay)
    and am wondering what the taxes and fees are. i'm in Florida.
    " The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of a low price has faded from memory" > Aldo Gucci

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    793
    Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by parishmc View Post
    about to pull the trigger on the 8gb $50 plan ($40 w/autopay)
    and am wondering what the taxes and fees are. i'm in Florida.
    Depends... Buy refills online from Target, CallingMart, etc and it's nothing. Reload via credit card, prepaid card in local store, or at AT&T store and it could be anywhere from $2-$10 extra. AT&T only tacks on fees and tax when you pay them, and physical retailers add it on locally. AT&T doesn't add taxes & fees if you reload via card, they assume you paid them when you purchased the card.

    Example just happened today: buy $85 reload card at Target store, it would have been $93.65 with E911 fee and tax, cancelled and went home and ordered same card via email delivery and it was $85.00 ($80.75 with Red Card).

    Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk
    - If ignorance is bliss, why are there not more happy people in the world?

    Current Personal Phone: Moto G5 Plus (AT&T PrePaid)

    Other phones "in the family": Nokia 6.1 (AT&T), Huawei Honor 7x (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (VZW), HTC 10 (VZW)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    537
    Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    if i buy a $40 prepaid card from target, can i go sign up for new service at
    an at&t store and use the card for the first months payment ?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    793
    Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by parishmc View Post
    if i buy a $40 prepaid card from target, can i go sign up for new service at
    an at&t store and use the card for the first months payment ?
    No, your first payment must be in the store... Or just buy a SIM kit online. You won't get out of the taxes and fees or get the autopay discount your first month.

    If you buy a card in-store (like Target), you still pay fees and taxes.

    Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    537
    Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    the manager at a local at&t store said as long as you sign up for autopay
    and have a credit card on file when you activate new service you will get
    the autopay discount on the first month.

    i looked at target online and they don't charge taxes for cards emailed to you.

    so if i go to a store and sign up for new service can i use the pin from the target
    card as the first payment ?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    132
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    When I ported over to AT&T from H2O to get this double data deal, after signing up for autopay I got the autopay discount on the first month.

    Total bill the first month was 44.05 including taxes and fees.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    700
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    I got the autopay credit on my initial payment at an AT&T store, FWIW.
    Durham, NC


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    793
    Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    I ported in a few years ago... Was told it wasn't possible at that time. Guess that's changed, or I was just lied to.

    Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    139
    Feedback Score
    0
    If you sign up for auto pay on ATT, then go to Callingmart and put it on Callingmart's autopay to be payed every 30 days but 2 or 3 days before your ATT bill is due to be charged, you get charged ATT's autopay rate and you don't pay ATT any taxes or fees plus you get Callingmart's discount. Even better, at least on ours, we put on Callingmart's auto pay with a discount code (they have these fairly often, usually most holidays) and it has kept that extra discount for a year and a half so far.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    581
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by david0858 View Post
    If you sign up for auto pay on ATT, then go to Callingmart and put it on Callingmart's autopay to be payed every 30 days but 2 or 3 days before your ATT bill is due to be charged, you get charged ATT's autopay rate and you don't pay ATT any taxes or fees plus you get Callingmart's discount. Even better, at least on ours, we put on Callingmart's auto pay with a discount code (they have these fairly often, usually most holidays) and it has kept that extra discount for a year and a half so far.
    How does Callingmart code on your credit card bill? Are they cell phone service, as if you'd been billed by AT&T directly, or something else? Some credit cards give you benefits like cell phone insurance or extra cash back if you pay your phone service with the card, but the transaction has to be correctly coded.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    793
    Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by randian View Post
    How does Callingmart code on your credit card bill? Are they cell phone service, as if you'd been billed by AT&T directly, or something else? Some credit cards give you benefits like cell phone insurance or extra cash back if you pay your phone service with the card, but the transaction has to be correctly coded.
    Just as a gift card iirc.

    Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. New Samsung Express Prime phone for AT&T prepaid.
    By Vicpdx17 in forum AT&T Prepaid (formerly GoPhone)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-23-2018, 01:47 PM
  2. Are there monthly taxes and fees on AT&T Prepaid and not on Cricket?
    By markus3000 in forum AT&T Prepaid (formerly GoPhone)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-01-2018, 11:54 PM
  3. Is there an ETF for AT&T Prepaid?
    By vanko987 in forum AT&T
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-17-2018, 06:16 PM

Bookmarks