Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Mms not received overseas when sent from USA

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    91
    Feedback Score
    0

    Mms not received overseas when sent from USA

    So since we have unlimited free text messaging to anywhere in the world you would expect that mms would work too.

    I have a iPhone so sending iMessages to any iOS device all across the world is no problem. Pictures, vid clips...anything gets there fine. But when I send a picture or movie clip to my brothers Samsung galaxy s8 he does not receive anything.

    He lives in Ireland and had multiple android phones and over the years he never received any pics from me.
    Yes I know I can use fb messenger and such but why would I need to download anything extra if I have a perfectly working native messaging app, and so does he.

    He is on Vodafone.ie and I am on T-Mobile.

    I contacted T-Mobile and they say that picture messages are being sent from my phone but have no clue why he isn’t receiving them.

    Any thoughts?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    15,298
    Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    MMS actually sends a text containing a link to the message content. Does your brother receive a message that looks like jibberish?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    91
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    MMS actually sends a text containing a link to the message content. Does your brother receive a message that looks like jibberish?
    Nothing comes. Not even a jibbrish link. Text come through but no mms nor links

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    868
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    0
    I never thought about international MMS. I wonder if that is included since it is more than a “text message”.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,651
    Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    international mms is a thing that doesnt work.. i dont think it has ever worked... till this day I can not send mms to mexico, japan or pretty much any other country. which is why people use third parties, like facebook or whatsapp...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    91
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cr0w View Post
    international mms is a thing that doesnt work.. i dont think it has ever worked... till this day I can not send mms to mexico, japan or pretty much any other country.
    Right. Same here. I have family in Poland and Ireland and no mms ever gets there once I send it. Again iOS is no problem.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York, New York, United States
    Posts
    550
    Device(s)
    Nokia 6610, Touch Pro II, Lumia 640, LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (Since Omnipoint!)
    Feedback Score
    0
    It works with some carriers. Not all carriers. So it's trial and error so to speak. It worked this week between TMO US and EE UK but didn't the last time I tried it a few months ago.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,482
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jacek1982 View Post
    Right. Same here. I have family in Poland and Ireland and no mms ever gets there once I send it. Again iOS is no problem.
    You're not sending an MMS when you're sending from one iOS device to another. You're sending an encrypted message using a data connection via Apple's own iMessage software and it needs Apple's own software to read it.

    See this from Apple's website:

    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207006

    Your brother either needs to get an iPhone or you two need to use software that is compatible on both of your devices.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    91
    Feedback Score
    0

    Mms not received overseas when sent from USA

    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    You're not sending an MMS when you're sending from one iOS device to another. You're sending an encrypted message using a data connection via Apple's own iMessage software and it needs Apple's own software to read it.

    See this from Apple's website:

    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207006

    Your brother either needs to get an iPhone or you two need to use software that is compatible on both of your devices.
    Jet I think you miss understood me

    Simple breakdown :

    iOS to iOS works perfect ( USA to USA ) iMessage

    iOS to android works perfect ( USA to USA green bubble ) mms or text

    iOS to iOS works perfect ( USA to Ireland or Poland ) iMessage

    iOS to android. Text work. Mms doesn’t ( USA to Ireland or Poland green bubble )
    Last edited by jacek1982; 05-05-2019 at 05:10 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,261
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I’m in Massachusetts (using iOS). My friend in Rhode Island (using Android) can’t receive my MMS messages. I can receive his though.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    91
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bakedapple View Post
    I’m in Massachusetts (using iOS). My friend in Rhode Island (using Android) can’t receive my MMS messages. I can receive his though.
    Now I’m stunned. Idk. It’s almost mid 2019 that they haven’t figured this stuff out yet is beyond me.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,261
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jacek1982 View Post
    Now I’m stunned. Idk. It’s almost mid 2019 that they haven’t figured this stuff out yet is beyond me.
    It is ridiculous.

    His phone is a Moto e5, so the “using an antique phone” excuse can’t be a factor. He’s also on MetroPCS.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,162
    Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Sending pictures should be send by email not Text since with Text they are compressed pictures with less quality. Since I changed from Apple to Android in 2012 I still can't get text from my sister that phone still thinks I use iMessage. iMessage is Apple's Revenge payback for people that leave their walled platform. My daughter has a iPhone and can text me since her iPhone knows I am not on iMessage. The only differences is my sister has always been on iPhone and my daughter switches between iPhones and Samsung depending on the best deal.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    91
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Sending pictures should be send by email not Text since with Text they are compressed pictures with less quality. Since I changed from Apple to Android in 2012 I still can't get text from my sister that phone still thinks I use iMessage. iMessage is Apple's Revenge payback for people that leave their walled platform. My daughter has a iPhone and can text me since her iPhone knows I am not on iMessage.
    Before you switched from iPhone to android you should have turned off iMessage. It was a big fiasco while back. Even apple posted a statement about this. This was prolly like 8 years ago I think.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,651
    Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    I still can't get text from my sister that phone still thinks I use iMessage. iMessage is Apple's Revenge payback for people that leave their walled platform...
    is not relevant anymore, apple fix that, so I think is your sisters phone.. but here is the link to un-register imessage, Im pretty sure you have done it several times.
    Oh yes.... I refuse to be a green bubble ... lol

    https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-08-2005, 02:53 PM
  2. Not Receiving Call when on the GPRS!?
    By syzuie in forum Fido
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-20-2005, 02:50 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-23-2004, 06:55 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-21-2004, 09:52 PM
  5. s300m able to send mms not receive
    By J General in forum Samsung
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-13-2004, 08:19 AM

Bookmarks