Thread: SMG973UZKV Samsung Galaxy S10 Verizon - Will it work with Tracfone?

Device(s)
    Google Pixel 3a and Moto G7 (active) Samsung Galaxy S6 (inactive)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

SMG973UZKV Samsung Galaxy S10 Verizon - Will it work with Tracfone?

I friend is offering to sell this never activated phone to me at a reasonable price. I believe it is designated for Verizon use, as opposed to being a fully unlocked phone.

Will this phone work on TracFone with Verizon service? If yes, can I use the old SIM card from my current Galaxy S6 (which was purchased directly from TracFone) or do I need a new BYOP SIM? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitzer18 View Post
    I friend is offering to sell this never activated phone to me at a reasonable price. I believe it is designated for Verizon use, as opposed to being a fully unlocked phone.

Will this phone work on TracFone with Verizon service? If yes, can I use the old SIM card from my current Galaxy S6 (which was purchased directly from TracFone) or do I need a new BYOP SIM? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    If it’s Verizon post paid then yes it will work and all you will have to do is put the sim from your old phone in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    You can "do it right" or you can "do it easy".
    1. Do it right: enter the S10's serial number (IMEI) into the whitelist check on TF web site. If the site says it's compatible, then you can activate a BYOP CDMA SIM with a transfer from your S6. That will make the S6 available for selling or as a backup phone.
    2. Do it easy: you can swap the SIM from the S6 to the S10, but you can't sell or reactivate the S6 because its original SIM (being used in the S10) is still tied to its serial number.

Device(s)
    Google Pixel 3a and Moto G7 (active) Samsung Galaxy S6 (inactive)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    You can "do it right" or you can "do it easy".
    1. Do it right: enter the S10's serial number (IMEI) into the whitelist check on TF web site. If the site says it's compatible, then you can activate a BYOP CDMA SIM with a transfer from your S6. That will make the S6 available for selling or as a backup phone.
    2. Do it easy: you can swap the SIM from the S6 to the S10, but you can't sell or reactivate the S6 because its original SIM (being used in the S10) is still tied to its serial number.
    I checked the IMEI and the TracFone website said "transaction pending". Is this a red flag? Thanks!

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    I checked the IMEI and the TracFone website said "transaction pending". Is this a red flag?
    I don't know, maybe other forum members know. I've only seen "Congratulations, your phone is compatible" when it's OK, and "There was an error, please contact TF Customer Service" when the IMEI was already used to activate another SIM.

Feedback Score
    I checked the IMEI and the TracFone website said "transaction pending". Is this a red flag? Thanks!
    are you using any kind of script blocker in your web browser ?? and is the phone currently active on another wireless account ??