Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Reconditioned TF LG L84VL Stylo 3

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Reconditioned TF LG L84VL Stylo 3

Just got a reconditioned LG Stylo 3 with a 40% off bundle deal with plan card for about $48 including tax and it looks & works so far like new. The screen & keypad size are nice. Have been wanting one for awhile. Sort of reminds me of a big Fiesta. The battery isn't as long lasting as the Fiesta (3200 mAh) and the charging cord is shorter than I'd like but so far it's very nice. I was going to get one before but it sold out before I could. It's like a little phablet with the 5.7" screen. The TF product page said octacore but elsewhere said quad core. I don't think I'll need to buy another phone for awhile except one with a years service.

https://shop.tracfone.com/shop/en/tr...-reconditioned

Sent from my LGL84VL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    Just got a reconditioned LG Stylo 3 with a 40% off bundle deal with plan card for about $48 including tax and it looks & works so far like new. The screen & keypad size are nice. Have been wanting one for awhile. Sort of reminds me of a big Fiesta. The battery isn't as long lasting as the Fiesta (3200 mAh) and the charging cord is shorter than I'd like but so far it's very nice. I was going to get one before but it sold out before I could. It's like a little phablet with the 5.7" screen. The TF product page said octacore but elsewhere said quad core. I don't think I'll need to buy another phone for awhile except one with a years service.

https://shop.tracfone.com/shop/en/tr...-reconditioned

I do not need this....

I have seen one last summer and thought that it was Devine.

I do not need this.....

Sent from my Luscious LG Fiesta 2

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    I do not need this....

I have seen one last summer and thought that it was Devine.
    What nickname would you give a Stylo?...SENSATIONAL?

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Super Sexy.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    Super Sexy.
    Probably.

Nougat is holding me back from this one.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    What nickname would you give a Stylo?...SENSATIONAL?
    I'm seriously laughing at this.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I've heard the Stylo pronounced "style-o" but i pronounce it "steelo" because in French stylo is a writing implement.

Stupendous might be a way to describe it.

I got it with the $15 plan card and after 40% off it was like getting the Stylo for $29-$30 which is a great price when you see what new ones cost.

If you like the Fiesta you should like this one.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The Stylo didn't have an app drawer when I first configured it but LG had an alternative homescreen that included an app drawer, I was able to choose it by signing their user agreement.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The alternative homescreen with app drawer. Hope the photo doesn't scratch.Name:  Screenshot_homescreen1.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  38.2 KB

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The Stylo's power button is on the back. I found it's hard to power up or down unless I use hard pressure in a downward direction towards the bottom of the phone. Just a press will not make it boot and likewise for bringing up the shutdown menu. When I first started it I thought the battery was dead because it wasn't responding but it finally came alive and the battery was over 90%. I didn't shut it down for hours while I set it up and became acquainted with it. Then I couldn't get it to offer the shutdown menu no matter how long I pressed. When I finally figured out how to press it to get it to offer the shutdown menu, I tested it a few times and the method works. I have other LG phones with power button on back and they're not finicky like that.

Otherwise it seems to be working fine.

It's about the same height as my Fiesta but it's noticably wider. Using the keypad it feels bigger.

When I opened up a Google Docs editor file there were a few differences from my Fiesta but it had more type styles to choose from. I updated Docs & Drive and the options changed a little but the extra type styles were still there along with the newer ones.

The messaging app offers the addition of a subject line to texts which switches short texts to the longer mms format which I like. A lot of phones don't offer that.

Given the pressure issue on the power button I was pleased I could do screen shots using the Capture + option on the dropdown menu. Much easier than pressing power and volume down buttons together.

Today I got an email from TF urging me to activate. First time I've gotten one of those so it must be new. (Will try to attach screenshot).

I decided to use the plan card I got with the Stylo to extend service on my Samsung. I will keep this as backup for it.

Name:  Capture%2B_TFactivate.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  57.6 KBName:  Capture%2B_homescreen2.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  95.2 KB

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You have a defective power button, almost certainly why the phone was returned and made a refurb.
    It should only take a very light touch to the power button. If you lightly rest your finger on the button for too long it takes a screenshot.
    I would return the phone, easier if you have not activated it.

If you wait to activate the phone, Tracfone will offer you a gift card to activate. Is that not worth a few weeks wait?
    A phone return will lengthen your wait.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    You have a defective power button, almost certainly why the phone was returned and made a refurb.
    It should only take a very light touch to the power button. If you lightly rest your finger on the button for too long it takes a screenshot.
    I would return the phone, easier if you have not activated it.

If you wait to activate the phone, Tracfone will offer you a gift card to activate. Is that not worth a few weeks wait?
    A phone return will lengthen your wait.
    I have an LG K8 with a similar power button, I could tell the Stylo button wasn't working like it should. I even turned off the power button options like screen shot. If I manage to get the shutdown menu to appear it usually disappears as soon as I release the button to tap the menu and sometimes the screen goes dark after.

It has a few other mild issues but nothing real severe, like the brightness setting switches back to 100% when i lower it. The alarm doesn't seem to work either. The phone was off and it didn't wake at the time i set.

I posted my review and Tracfone responded telling me to open a chat so i did. They asked me to look for a pink label on or under the battery but there wasn't one. Not sure what it was about. They just offered exchange or refund as i expected and i declined. I live in a nursing home and it's hard for me to get out to ship things so i decided to keep the phone. I just won't buy any more refurbs. My Samsung Luna Pro was $25 and it was like new was why i risked this one.

If i can get some use out of it despite the pita with the button, I'll just enjoy it while i can get any use out of it. Once it's on it usually functions fairly well. The battery lasts quite awhile.

The funny thing was when the chat rep told me to remove the battery, it pulled up the shutdown menu right away and shutdown first try. That's the only time it ever did it first try.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I use the double tap to wake and sleep the screen.
    Mine is also a refurb. The best refurb is one returned because the purchaser found the phone`s complexity or size daunting.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    They asked me to look for a pink label on or under the battery but there wasn't one. Not sure what it was about.
    Some phones (with removable back cover) have a tell-tale dot in the battery compartment. Normally, it's green or blue. If it ever got wet (phone was in water), the dot turns pink and stays pink.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    I use the double tap to wake and sleep the screen.
    Mine is also a refurb. The best refurb is one returned because the purchaser found the phone`s complexity or size daunting.
    Yes, I like the double tap on LG phones. My Moto e5 doesn't have that but if I move the phone its screen lights up. My Alcatel Zip has double tap to light up the screen. It just does it though i didn't see it as an option.

I tried to wake the Stylo with the alarm to save wear on the funky power button. I did get the alarm to work when the phone was on but it didn't ring when the phone was off.

Some refurbs are just fine. I just happened to get a weird one. I like big screens, easier on the eyes and the keypad is easier to use. I really was intending to buy the refurb Fiesta with a plan card but it was out of stock so I got the Stylo, but i admit I've been wanting one. The powerful battery was the reason i might've gotten the Fiesta instead, 4500 mAh versus the 3200 mAh Stylo (and it's removable on the Stylo, not on the Fiesta). But no complaints on the Stylo. The battery seems good.

I was playing with the power button lastnight after chatting with the TF rep, looking for any potential sweet spots that might get the phone to boot or shut down faster. Looking at the Stylo from the back, it seems like if i press the button to the left side and downward it responds faster. So it has a sweet spot, but sure doesn't work like my LG K8. The button on that one works with a mild press but then it was new, not a refurb.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast