Thread: Costco Rebate iPhones

Hybrid View

Feedback Score

Costco Rebate iPhones

I’m interested in updating an iPhone on my account and think the Xr is the best choice.

I hope someone can tell me what are the colors & memory sizes that Costco might have in stock that qualify for the $750 rebate offer. I’d prefer the Product Red with either 128 Gb or 256 Gb memory size though. Has anyone been in contact with the booth at Costco for this current offer? Any color will do if the memory is either 128/256 Gb.

I’m on another trip and won’t be back home until May 12th, and I know the offer currently expires on 5-9, but I left the country before it began, so I need another weeks’ renewal for this to work.

Any advice or experience would be appreciated. My fallback plan is either buy from TM with credits, or Apple with Military discount & trade in. From Apple, the net cost is $419 with a 7 Plus trade in on the 128 Gb size.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    I’m on another trip and won’t be back home until May 12th, and I know the offer currently expires on 5-9, but I left the country before it began, so I need another weeks’ renewal for this to work.
    well, now I'm curious what this means?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    well, now I'm curious what this means?
    I left the USA in mid April for a vacation in Europe, and will not be home until the 12th of May. The current offer with the $750 Costco rebate expires May 9th. It began April 26th, after I departed. IF the offer renews for another week past May 9th, I want to buy an Xr if a 128/256 Gb version is available from Costco. Otherwise i’ll probably buy from Apple directly.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Not sure if it is the same nationwide, but the local wireless booths at Costco only carry the XR for T-Mobile in Black or White. You can order other colors through their online service, but then you don't get the $750 rebate card.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gilbreen View Post
    Not sure if it is the same nationwide, but the local wireless booths at Costco only carry the XR for T-Mobile in Black or White. You can order other colors through their online service, but then you don't get the $750 rebate card.
    Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know if any 128 or 256 Gb versions of the Xr are ever in stock?

Edited to add:

I found the number for a local Costco kiosk and they confirmed B&W only and sometimes (Now) they have 128Gb in stock. Now to wait until the 10th and see if the $750 trade in deal lives on.
    Last edited by daleraver; 05-09-2019 at 04:36 AM.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know if any 128 or 256 Gb versions of the Xr are ever in stock?

Edited to add:

I found the number for a local Costco kiosk and they confirmed B&W only and sometimes (Now) they have 128Gb in stock. Now to wait until the 10th and see if the $750 trade in deal lives on.
    When i did mine in January, i got 128Gb for the price of 64Gb. Costco takes of $50.
    "Inside many liberals is a totalitarian screaming to get out. They don't like to have another point of view in the room that they don't squash and the way they try to squash it is by character assassination and name calling."

Device(s)
    iPhone XS 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Barmalei View Post
    When i did mine in January, i got 128Gb for the price of 64Gb. Costco takes of $50.
    We did the same thing and got the 128GB for the same price the 64gb sells outside of Costco.

I was told they only carry the 64GB and 128GB sizes.

Feedback Score
    I had my Brother In Law pick up a black 128 Gb Xr on my account yesterday using texts & calls for the details. The manager I dealt with was a great guy about the whole thing and it went smoothly. The only thing I have a question about is, he seemed to feel that the new line of service needed to be active on the new phone or it could queer the rebate deal.

I don’t mind activating the line that way, but this equipment is a replacement for the trade in iPhone 6 Plus. It will be running the sim from that phone during the 6-8 weeks before the rebate is issued. Has anyone had any issues from NOT using the new line with their new phone? I imagine in a lot of these rebates, the add a line phone get repurposed, and I’ve never heard of a problem from switching equipment before.

I suppose I could enable the esim in the new phone and have both lines active that way if required for the rebate.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I purchased the XR and added a new line at Costco during the last promo and put the SIM in another phone immediately. I then put the new line's SIM in another phone (an old Motorola I have as a backup) and used it there. The rebate came through without issue about 6 weeks later (I opted for a physical card vs. the virtual rebate card).

Feedback Score
    Good to hear. I'll probably drop it in my Xr behind my esim line and run data off of it for a few months

Feedback Score
    In conclusion, I got the 128Gb Xr for $750 from Costco and have an iPhone 6 Plus to trade in. This is probably one of the last promos that will accept a phone that old, so the $750 rebate credit was really great for a phone that has it's battery down to 9% by the end of the day.

I'm running the added line as a second sim in my Xr for data service, saving my primary line Kickback discount. T-Mobile apparently does not honor the Promo Plus, or Kickback on this line however, since they do not appear in my account manager. These features are on every one of the other 11 lines on my account. I checked Reddit and saw several comments that those features have been discontinued on account additions. This isn't a problem since I will only have the new line until my rebate arrives though.

I would have added this comment in the post above, but the "Edit" function was not present. Maybe too old for a comment?
    Last edited by daleraver; 05-16-2019 at 05:54 AM.