Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mistakenly Tripled Paygo Balances Corrected

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score

Mistakenly Tripled Paygo Balances Corrected

As myself and others have reported previously, when we upgraded our PayGo 3G phones to LTE (VoLTE) ones, our balances mysteriously increased 2 or 3 times. Mine was tripled last summer. When I checked my balance today, I see they finally got around to correcting it, back to the old balance.

Oh well, the "TracFone lottery" giveth and taketh away.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    As myself and others have reported previously, when we upgraded our PayGo 3G phones to LTE (VoLTE) ones, our balances mysteriously increased 2 or 3 times. Mine was tripled last summer. When I checked my balance today, I see they finally got around to correcting it, back to the old balance.

Oh well, the "TracFone lottery" giveth and taketh away.
    My cases weren't 3G to LTE. 2 cases were when I just checked my phones if they were VoLTE on their new link. I knew they were, was just testing their system. That's the only thing I recall doing and it was about the same time frame they were auto re-provisioning SIMs. Whatever it was I only got double $ on one and a new start of my 120 days on both. I was chatting with them on another issue and said I had weird transactions listed under my replenishment history, (I wasn't specific and didn't give my info), that's maybe where you first noticed yours. They said they weren't aware of anything but would pass it on. I said "how will I know the outcome....I don't want to suddenly have zero balance and inactivated phones"...relying on the due dates in their system. They said if they found something they wouldn't take anything away from me; their system would just be fixed going forward. I just checked my account and the phones are still ok with the extended due dates and the extra balance on the one. I guess as long as they didn't take away what you started with before the error, all's fair.

Different case on a another new phone I activated about 4 months ago. That one I hit the mega lottery on. My $10 PIN repeated itself 12 times ($120)! Since then I certainly burned through more then $10. Would have made that original $10 go negative and shut down my phone months ago. That one which had a balance of $84 yesterday has a balance of $10 today (my original payment). That's more then fair when they really could have cut me off based on actual charges. I'll keep an eye on things but glad they were also fair in settling their mistake. Basically like they told me, they wouldn't take anything away, which in actuality they didn't.

Sounds like yours was the same; back to your original with no penalty. All my due dates are still pushed out the extra 120 days from when they did the mass SIM re-provisioning back in March. I'll need to keep an eye on that.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Thanks very much for bringing this to our attention.

Just checked my balances (two lines) and sure enough, it has been corrected (reverting back to probably what it would 've been without the boost).

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Well, those dirty, low-down, sons of….!!!!!

Lol!

So, I was kicking myself for not keeping up my old PPC paygo (fka Standard Plan) balance at $30/360 days, which I used up/let expire in 2015, when I was seeing reports in 2018 of the balance tripling and end date extending when converting to LTE paygo. But I guess it wouldn't have done me any good in the long run...

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I "lost" $670 on my account.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmart View Post
    I "lost" $670 on my account.
    But are you still whole on your account ? At least have your original payment; so just lost your windfall? Due date still good?

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    @Boz1: That's the expression I use about a lot of things, but I digress...

I'm thinking I should go over this adjustment and make sure I have not been over-corrected on one or both accounts. I got into LTE devices (my Fiesta 2s) last July, and I can't remember if I immediately saw the increase or not until the first refill after that change. Should've had three PIN additions in that period.

Hey guys, also, is the $0.50 monthly fee still gone or was that a mistake too?

Hmmm...I wonder what this might portend for all the shenanigans that have occurred with TracFone (proper) balances over the past couple of years.
    You guys in the TF forum - better watch out!

Feedback Score
    I saw one 2x bump which seemed to coincide with when I think they did a mass re-provisioning back in March, along with the bump in days.
    I just don't want to see a reset on the bump in days since I'm past the original due dates.

I haven't noticed the $.50 for years; but since they stopped showing a running balance on the web usage screen I probably wouldn't notice.

Carrier(s)
    TmobileToGo
    Feedback Score
    I "lost" $850! At least they pushed my renewal date out 2 months. Remaining balance is about where it should be. Helluva ride!

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    But are you still whole on your account ? At least have your original payment; so just lost your windfall? Due date still good?
    I think I'm close to the pre-windfall amount; not worth spending time figuring it out. And the due date was pushed out to July with the update in March.

Feedback Score
    $670 and $850 ! I thought my $120 was a jackpot.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    i still have my balance from when it multiplied, more or less. however, since then i converted my account to the 29.95 utnt. it uses up the cash balance first

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    As others experienced some time ago, my PP account was "credited" lot$ of buck$ when I switched 3G to LTE. However, I noticed the mistake, had a short chat with somebody at PP, and they corrected my balance to the previous, correct amount. My evil twin chided me for telling them of their mistake, but I see from other posts here, their auditors finally woke up.

Then, several days ago, I noticed I had only $10 in the account, instead of the (over $100) expected amount. This time, I called PP, and was shunted through several CSRs, to "Corporate". Nice lady. Types fast, but took several minutes to restore my correct account balance. When I asked why the big difference, she merely said something about "migration" or something.

In any case, it is good to see my phone is capable of LTE (and VoLTE) just in case I switch to another Verizon MVNO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBard57 View Post
    As others experienced some time ago, my PP account was "credited" lot$ of buck$ when I switched 3G to LTE. However, I noticed the mistake, had a short chat with somebody at PP, and they corrected my balance to the previous, correct amount.
    I mentioned it to them when it happened and they just said everything was ok. Not to worry. Of course they finally caught up.

Did you get the bonus days along with the original error?
    If so, when they made the balance correction did you retain the bonus days?

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    I mentioned it to them when it happened and they just said everything was ok. Not to worry. Of course they finally caught up.

Did you get the bonus days along with the original error?
    If so, when they made the balance correction did you retain the bonus days?
    I received only a few days extension to the normal expiration date, and they remained after the correction. However, when I called PP during the recent problem (my quarterly payment), they re-set my expiration date to 120 days after my call & payment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast