Thread: Tmobile prepaid legacy pay go plan transfer

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Tmobile prepaid legacy pay go plan transfer

Dad had a basic flip on tmo's paygo legacy plan (10˘/min, each refill good for a year, no monthly $3 charge). Dad recently passed away. According to tmo, another number can be ported in while still retaining the plan. There's just under $100 remaining on the account so it's worth trying to liquidate. In fact, since this plan is no longer offered, might even be able to get more than just face value for it.

Any thoughts on this or issues I should watch out for?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    Dad had a basic flip on tmo's paygo legacy plan (10˘/min, each refill good for a year, no monthly $3 charge). Dad recently passed away. According to tmo, another number can be ported in while still retaining the plan. There's just under $100 remaining on the account so it's worth trying to liquidate. In fact, since this plan is no longer offered, might even be able to get more than just face value for it.

Any thoughts on this or issues I should watch out for?
    There shouldn’t be any issues porting your number over your dad’s existing number and still keep the current grandfathered paygo plan Incase you have a newer phone or smart phone you may need to replace the sim to micro or nano sim depends on the newer phone sims are sold through eBay

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We had in mind to just sell the sim/plan. Rest of the family has little use for this type of plan. Dad used the phone very rarely. I'd just put $10 on it each year to push the expiration date back another year. Nice number on it too, ends in a 0100 and got practically no spam calls. I figure new buyer can either keep it or port their # over it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    In fact, since this plan is no longer offered, might even be able to get more than just face value for it.
    I see you've now offered the account/plan for sale on a popular auction site at more than twice the balance remaining in the account, which seems to be the current price for this type of plan.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lineisbusy View Post
    I see you've now offered the account/plan for sale on a popular auction site at more than twice the balance remaining in the account, which seems to be the current price for this type of plan.
    Why not. What ever we can get will help with the funeral expenses. Dad has no use for a cell phone any longer. He lives on in our hearts and memories.

Feedback Score
    I'm sorry for your loss.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank you.

This past week has been a blur. Literally 8 days ago (a week ago saturday) dad was feeling bad enough that I called the hospice nurse. He was admitted to their inpatient unit that evening. He wanted to hold off registering for hospice for as long as possible. A week ago Thursday they came to the house to do the admission. By the following Wednesday it was all over.

Seeing a loved one suffer the way he did at the inpatient unit is beyond words. I'm glad they gave him the meds he needed to make the transition as peaceful as possible and only had to endure a few days of it.