Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Cannot get VoLte to work on Galaxy S6 verizon

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31
    Feedback Score
    0

    Cannot get VoLte to work on Galaxy S6 verizon

    I activated a inexpensive tracfone (lg premier pro) on pageplus the other day, and everything worked great including the volte, it is my first experience with volte and it works much better at my rural weak signal location. I got a nice s6 hand me down, and swapped over the sim card to it and everthing works fine/normally, except it is not using Volte when available?, the only thing in any of my setting screens i can find is HD voice on/off, and i have tried both ways with no luck. I called pageplus and they said everthing shows enabled in their system, they refreshed and updated my esn swap to make sure, but no go. Not sure if the s6 is completely Volte ready out of the box or if i need to do something manually, or update or something? current android version 7.0
    thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    5,869
    Feedback Score
    0
    does LTE stay on while on a call or does it drop to H+ ?? if it stays on LTE while on a call then VoLTE should be working.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,352
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    does LTE stay on while on a call or does it drop to H+ ?? if it stays on LTE while on a call then VoLTE should be working.
    Verizon does not use HSPA/+. A Verizon phone would drop to 3G or 1X without VoLTE.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31
    Feedback Score
    0
    It has not shown LTE at all, the other cheap phone , (but newer) did show LTE and i could tell the difference in signal strength and stability.
    thanks

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    5,869
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by orohorse View Post
    It has not shown LTE at all, the other cheap phone , (but newer) did show LTE and i could tell the difference in signal strength and stability. thanks
    phone should get VoLTE, see this thread - https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...sual-Voicemail

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31
    Feedback Score
    0
    Did a factory reset last night, still the same. As soon as you press send for any call it switches over to 3g, or 1x depending on location, etc. Even when in known area of good LTE, where other phone worked fine.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    580
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by orohorse View Post
    Did a factory reset last night, still the same. As soon as you press send for any call it switches over to 3g, or 1x depending on location, etc. Even when in known area of good LTE, where other phone worked fine.
    How's your data working ?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    India
    Posts
    8
    Feedback Score
    0
    Are you using dual sim with VoLTE network???...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    How's your data working ?
    That seems normal, actually everything seems normal, just not able to do the Volte thing. Did another factory reset on the phone today and it actually does not finish activating through the tower, i have to turn of wifi, but i wonder if that might leave something incomplete?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by drvshrm View Post
    Are you using dual sim with VoLTE network???...
    Dual sim?, not familiar with that. I just put in a single pageplus (verizon MVNO) sim in the single slot tray?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    580
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by orohorse View Post
    That seems normal, actually everything seems normal, just not able to do the Volte thing. Did another factory reset on the phone today and it actually does not finish activating through the tower, i have to turn of wifi, but i wonder if that might leave something incomplete?
    Unless there's something I'm missing, you don't use any wifi on to activate; just OS updates if you get a notice, but that's after activation. And I believe you shouldn't have it on at all when making a call.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31
    Feedback Score
    0
    thats correct, but it said activation did not complete, and said it could finish through wifi, with a button on bottom right of screen to finish via wifi, so i did, and then everything (almost) seemed to work fine.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    580
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by orohorse View Post
    thats correct, but it said activation did not complete, and said it could finish through wifi, with a button on bottom right of screen to finish via wifi, so i did, and then everything (almost) seemed to work fine.
    There's allot of great cell guru's I've gotten allot of great help from. If you post in the General Prepaid Discussion, Tracfone, or Page Plus, I'm sure you'll get a fix.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    31
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    There's allot of great cell guru's I've gotten allot of great help from. If you post in the General Prepaid Discussion, Tracfone, or Page Plus, I'm sure you'll get a fix.
    Good idea, thank you.

Similar Threads

  1. Can't get MMS to work with Galaxy S on Wind.
    By Samzy in forum Freedom Mobile (previously Wind Mobile)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 03:36 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 05:41 PM
  3. Cannot get themes to work on Telus BB Pearl 8130
    By girlinacoma in forum BlackBerry
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-27-2008, 02:22 PM
  4. techs cannot get vcast to work on my phone...
    By ero2 in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-16-2005, 10:40 PM
  5. still cannot get MMS to work on my v525, help plz!
    By yihang in forum Rogers/Fido/Chat-r
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-19-2004, 08:44 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks