Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Who Has The Lowest Price On An AT&T MVNO With Talk, Text, 1 GB Of Data And Both 3G/4G

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,785
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

    Who Has The Lowest Price On An AT&T MVNO With Talk, Text, 1 GB Of Data And Both 3G/4G

    I am trying to determine which AT&T MVNO has the lowest price on unlimited talk & text, 1 GB of data and both 3G/4G? Is it Free Up Mobile at $15 per month?

    Just to put things in perspective, I want a plan to back up my current Total Wireless (Verizon MVNO) service. When I go ATVing, I get to the fringe of some AT&T towers. I assume that 4G LTE will disappear first and the device will go to 3G as 2G is gone, correct? Does 3G usually have a bit further range than 4G LTE does, since it is on 800 MHz?

    Who else has an AT&T MVNO, with unlimited talk & text and 1 GB of data, for less than $15.00? Is Free Up Mobile the definitive choice at that price for those features?

    https://www.freeupmobile.com/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    712
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    I am trying to determine which AT&T MVNO has the lowest price on unlimited talk & text, 1 GB of data and both 3G/4G? Is it Free Up Mobile at $15 per month?

    Just to put things in perspective, I want a plan to back up my current Total Wireless (Verizon MVNO) service. When I go ATVing, I get to the fringe of some AT&T towers. I assume that 4G LTE will disappear first and the device will go to 3G as 2G is gone, correct? Does 3G usually have a bit further range than 4G LTE does, since it is on 800 MHz?

    Who else has an AT&T MVNO, with unlimited talk & text and 1 GB of data, for less than $15.00? Is Free Up Mobile the definitive choice at that price for those features?

    https://www.freeupmobile.com/
    Not sure about the MVNO, but that sounds like a pretty good deal. To answer the question about range, we'd need to know where you are to know what bands AT&T is using. Where I live AT&T has no 800MHz spectrum. LTE is on 700MHz and UMTS is on 1900MHz, so LTE is going to go a lot farther than UMTS from the same tower, but that is not the case everywhere.
    Durham, NC


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,353
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    https://www.good2gomobile.com/plans
    $15, so not cheaper than freeup. But an alternative I suppose

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,785
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

    Who Has The Lowest Price On An AT&T MVNO With Talk, Text, 1 GB Of Data And Both 3G/4G

    Quote Originally Posted by NCTed View Post
    ...To answer the question about range, we'd need to know where you are to know what bands AT&T is using...
    This is where I will be going.


    https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_fo...00035#homepage

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,785
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

    Who Has The Lowest Price On An AT&T MVNO With Talk, Text, 1 GB Of Data And Both 3G/4G

    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    https://www.good2gomobile.com/plans
    $15, so not cheaper than Freeup. But an alternative I suppose
    Well, considering that they allow customers to "Save up to $60/year with Auto Pay Credit!", that is an excellent alternative.

    Thank you very much!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    21
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    Well, considering that they allow customers to "Save up to $60/year with Auto Pay Credit!", that is an excellent alternative.

    Thank you very much!
    Looks like the $15 price is after the auto-pay discount.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,353
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    correct, normally $20.00/mo but auto-pay knocks it down $5.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    389
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    156
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Most AT&T MVNOs don't allow tethering and have problems supporting MMS on iPhones. So be aware.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    12,150
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by vvk View Post
    Most AT&T MVNOs don't allow tethering and have problems supporting MMS on iPhones. So be aware.
    Most? I'm not sure about that, but maybe.

    AT&T MVNOs that DO support carrier MMS to non-iPhones include:
    Consumer Cellular
    Cricket (AT&T Owned; Not Really MVNO)
    Pure TalkUSA
    Net10
    Straight Talk
    TracFone

    AT&T MVNOs that DON'T support carrier MMS to non-iPhones include:
    AirVoice
    H2O Wireless
    Red Pocket

    There are other AT&T MVNOs, but above are the ones I'm familiar with.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    712
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    Looks great!

    Well, AT&T has 700MHz (probably LTE) in that location, as well as A-side cellular (850MHz) and some PCS. They are probably running their UMTS on the 850MHz band, so you may get what you are looking for, but you will likely just have to go an try it out.

    That said, Verizon also has 700MHz and B side cellular in that area, so having both should provide the best possible coverage.

Similar Threads

  1. AT&T Mvno with 1.5 GB of data?
    By st18009 in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-20-2014, 07:21 PM
  2. Who has the lowest price for E71-2 Grey?
    By Tintin123 in forum Symbian/S60
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-30-2008, 02:02 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-25-2006, 11:48 PM
  4. who has the lowest-priced units on a new 3-year contract?
    By cscait60 in forum Rogers/Fido/Chat-r
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-28-2006, 10:55 PM
  5. So Who has the best price on the V635?
    By mprugg in forum Motorola
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-04-2005, 09:52 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks