Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Once 1 year free plan expires

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Well the PDF billing statement is going to be generated soon, possibly as early as tonight, but based on past history, not later than the 14th. So once that shows up, I'll have a reason to call them back and ask about their progress.

What I'd really hope for is that I'll be able to see the same promotion details that were visible in the online account prior to July 31, except with a new expiration date of 7/31/2020. Once I see that, IF I see that, I don't think another call would be necessary.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMind2017 View Post
    Well the PDF billing statement is going to be generated soon, possibly as early as tonight, but based on past history, not later than the 14th. So once that shows up, I'll have a reason to call them back and ask about their progress.

What I'd really hope for is that I'll be able to see the same promotion details that were visible in the online account prior to July 31, except with a new expiration date of 7/31/2020. Once I see that, IF I see that, I don't think another call would be necessary.
    Fair enough.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I called and they offered Kickstarter for $25/mo with a $50 bill credit or Unlimited Basic for $60/mo with a $10/mo bill credit. Unlimited Basic is a worse plan than what I had for $60/mo (when it's not free). Kickstarter just isn't worth $25/mo with their crap network. I'm going to port this number to Google Fi for when I take a trip, and then put a Mint SIM $60 for 6 months plan in my day to day secondary phone so that I have the 8GB of data.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You can port to Metro Pcs: 4 lines for $100 no hotspots, 4 for $120 with hotspots, 5 for $150 with hotspots....plus you’ll get free or discounted phones (just depends on which of their phones you want).

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Monthly statement was generated with a balance in the amount of $143.39 minus the outstanding credit of $34.95 = $108.44 to be charged on Autopay on September 2. These are all service charges for the current billing period of August 10 - September 9.

I first called Recovery and they were closed at 9:55AM eastern time today (¿¿¿WTH???) so I called Retentions. After getting pitched other promotional plans that would have cost significantly more than the free unlimited plan and also declining an offer to lease a new device, I explained this is not a sales call and I simply want the promotion I was promised to be applied to the account.

I now have three unique case ID numbers, one for each phone line on the account, with a promise that the code relating to the extension of the one year free unlimited plan will take 5-7 business days to process and be applied to the account, due to the escalation from two days ago as well as this new escalation today.

I changed Autopay from a real credit card to an American Express gift card that has a remaining balance of only $2.01, so the initial authorization for $1 went through successfully and Sprint's billing system thinks this is a valid credit card, but if they try to actually charge more than $2 on September 2, the charge will be declined. Hopefully all this will be resolved in my favor well prior to that date and I'll go ahead and put a real payment method back on Autopay before it becomes a problem for Sprint or for me.

I'm totally prepared to port all three lines out immediately as soon as I sense too much B.S. from this company. I'm only tolerating as much as I've been given so far because I still think there's a significantly good chance that I'll actually get the additional free year on all three lines once these case ID requests are sorted out. The moment that changes, I'm gone faster than the speed of light.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I would suggest escalate to Sprint VP Marcia Carris [email protected] .

She is in charge of Executive Resolutions and has helped many people when things get mixed up.

Once things get mixed up, it is best to escalate in my opinion, and not let things get dragged out by lower level staff.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMind2017 View Post
    Monthly statement was generated with a balance in the amount of $143.39 minus the outstanding credit of $34.95 = $108.44 to be charged on Autopay on September 2. These are all service charges for the current billing period of August 10 - September 9.

I first called Recovery and they were closed at 9:55AM eastern time today (¿¿¿WTH???) so I called Retentions. After getting pitched other promotional plans that would have cost significantly more than the free unlimited plan and also declining an offer to lease a new device, I explained this is not a sales call and I simply want the promotion I was promised to be applied to the account.

I now have three unique case ID numbers, one for each phone line on the account, with a promise that the code relating to the extension of the one year free unlimited plan will take 5-7 business days to process and be applied to the account, due to the escalation from two days ago as well as this new escalation today.

I changed Autopay from a real credit card to an American Express gift card that has a remaining balance of only $2.01, so the initial authorization for $1 went through successfully and Sprint's billing system thinks this is a valid credit card, but if they try to actually charge more than $2 on September 2, the charge will be declined. Hopefully all this will be resolved in my favor well prior to that date and I'll go ahead and put a real payment method back on Autopay before it becomes a problem for Sprint or for me.

I'm totally prepared to port all three lines out immediately as soon as I sense too much B.S. from this company. I'm only tolerating as much as I've been given so far because I still think there's a significantly good chance that I'll actually get the additional free year on all three lines once these case ID requests are sorted out. The moment that changes, I'm gone faster than the speed of light.
    Last edited by comintel; 08-14-2019 at 02:43 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I will contact her. Thank you.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It took less than 30 minutes for an e-mail response. Hopefully this will all get straightened out by early next week. Thanks again.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    I called and they offered Kickstarter for $25/mo with a $50 bill credit or Unlimited Basic for $60/mo with a $10/mo bill credit. Unlimited Basic is a worse plan than what I had for $60/mo (when it's not free). Kickstarter just isn't worth $25/mo with their crap network. I'm going to port this number to Google Fi for when I take a trip, and then put a Mint SIM $60 for 6 months plan in my day to day secondary phone so that I have the 8GB of data.
    Which department did you call? Retentions?

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprint_CDMA View Post
    Which department did you call? Retentions?
    Recovery. I actually got a flyer in the mail from them.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by
    SoxFan76;17090496
    Recovery. I actually got a flyer in the mail from them.
    Right - Recovery has been allowing "coming back" to Kickstart. Retentions does not ordinarily allow conversions to Kickstart. That is my experience too and everybody's in fact who has posted on SlickDeals.

However, as far as I know Recovery will no longer give the $50 bonus for coming back if you select Kickstart. They used to, and some reps forget that the $50 is no longer offered. Therefore there is usually no net advantage to this offer any more without the $50 since anyone can just sign up for Kickstart anyway after porting out. Well, theoretically they would not be eligible with the same number, but Sprint does not care about that in practice.

On the other hand, people *may* be able to get $200 via https://www.sprintpromotionshub.com/#/200NEWLINE719

They do not pay out on that for a couple of months so it not certain yet.
    Last edited by comintel; 08-16-2019 at 05:05 PM.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    However, as far as I know Recovery will no longer give the $50 bonus for coming back if you select Kickstart. They used to, and some reps forget that the $50 is no longer offered. Therefore there is usually no net advantage to this offer any more without the $50 since anyone can just sign up for Kickstart anyway after porting out. Well, theoretically they would not be eligible with the same number, but Sprint does not care about that in practice.
    I was offered the $50 on the second round. The guy tried to keep me, but it didn't work. I probably would have taken a $40/mo bill credit for 2 years on my existing $60/mo plan, which had 1080p video and 50GB of MHS. He even offered me that but at a $10/mo price increase. Riiiiiight.

I got Mint activated, it's not too bad. We'll see how it works out. $60 for 6 months is unbeatable for 8GB of data. I'm porting the Sprint number over to Project Fi for travel. With Project Fi in my G6, Mint in my S7, and AT&T on my Note 9, I should have good coverage. Verizon 3G is up for another year, so I can use that through USCC on Google Fi if nothing else works.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    My situation is being investigated. The July 13 call recording will have to be pulled and analyzed. It's a good thing I asked as many questions as I did on the most recent inquiry call I received yesterday, because the representative on the other end of the phone thought the second year extension of the one year free plan was offered to me on only the third line on my account. I explained it was actually offered on all three of the lines. Hopefully it will be resolved by Monday or Tuesday at the latest. If it does not get resolved in my favor, I'll be done with Sprint, because without this interference from them convincing me to port that third line back into Sprint, my three lines would already be in their new forever homes. Instead, in the interim, they're stuck in limbo on a rather expensive full-priced postpaid plan at a time when my needs for all three lines would be easily met by various cheaper MVNOs.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Anyone have success upgrading a device and keeping Kickstart. It seems like a plan change is necessary upon doing the upgrade.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post
    Anyone have success upgrading a device and keeping Kickstart. It seems like a plan change is necessary upon doing the upgrade.
    Sprint uses the tern "upgrade" to mean signing up for a Sprint special financing offer for purchase of a phone from Sprint.

You cannot finance a phone on Kickctart so you cannot do an "upgrade" and keep Kickstart.

If, on the other hand, you want to do an IMEI device swap to a different phone you already own that was purchased elsewhere, you can do that via Chet (or starting from the dashboard).

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7