Thread: Conditional call forwarding

Feedback Score

Conditional call forwarding

Apparently this is a must if you want to use spam call blocking services like nomorobo, robokiller and youmail. In addition it's also required to utilize Google voicemail on your carrier accounts. How common is this feature? I'm currently on Net 10 and I was somewhat surprised to see they don't offer it, at least on their Att side.
    Last edited by ces1948; 05-17-2019 at 06:58 AM.

Feedback Score
    Can you elaborate on what "conditional call forwarding" is?

Feedback Score
    Conditional call forwarding is the ability to forward calls when not answered or when busy.

Feedback Score
    Okay, I thought it was something special.
    Isn't it standard procedure that calls not answered are forwarded to voicemail?

For a time, when I transferred a number a new phone, VM was disabled and the caller just heard continuous ringing.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    When I used TF Vzw, which should be the same at Net10 Vzw, conditional call forwarding worked fine.

What network are you using with Net10?

EDIT:
    Never mind. I see you edited your post since I first read it to clarify Net10 AT&T.

There were some posts somewhere either in the General or TracFone/Net10 forum that detailed how to set up conditional call forwarding when using an AT&T MVNO. Hopefully you can find that info, or maybe some else knows what thread that was in and can post a link? I think it had something to do with changing some settings on the phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLC View Post
    Okay, I thought it was something special.
    Isn't it standard procedure that calls not answered are forwarded to voicemail?

For a time, when I transferred a number a new phone, VM was disabled and the caller just heard continuous ringing.
    I'm not talking about calls going to voicemail. Spam call services like the ones I mentioned require that calls be forwarded to their services prior to ringing through.

Feedback Score
    I also tested Red Pocket (ATT) on my wifes phone and it won't accept mmi codes either.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ces1948 View Post
    I also tested Red Pocket (ATT) on my wifes phone and it won't accept mmi codes either.
    I wish I could remember the details, but did you see my post above? See if you can find the posts that talked about the phone settings to set up CCF for AT&T MVNOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    When I used TF Vzw, which should be the same at Net10 Vzw, conditional call forwarding worked fine.

What network are you using with Net10?

EDIT:
    Never mind. I see you edited your post since I first read it to clarify Net10 AT&T.

There were some posts somewhere either in the General or TracFone/Net10 forum that detailed how to set up conditional call forwarding when using an AT&T MVNO. Hopefully you can find that info, or maybe some else knows what thread that was in and can post a link? I think it had something to do with changing some settings on the phone.

Device(s)
    Moto G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Does the network indicator show "GSMA" or "Red Pocket" in the upper left hand corner of the phone?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Does the network indicator show "GSMA" or "Red Pocket" in the upper left hand corner of the phone?
    It says Red Pocket.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I wish I could remember the details, but did you see my post above? See if you can find the posts that talked about the phone settings to set up CCF for AT&T MVNOs.
    I found the phone settings for both my phone and my wife's. Mine is on Net 10 and hers on Red Pocket. Both ATT. The call forwarding settings on both return error messages when attempting to set. Mine says "Call settings error Network or sim card error"

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I found the phone settings for both my phone and my wife's. Mine is on Net 10 and hers on Red Pocket. Both ATT. The call forwarding settings on both return error messages when attempting to set. Mine says "Call settings error Network or sim card error"
    But I think there are settings in the phone dialer app that allow setting a call forwarding # that some people used to get GV working correctly with an AT&T MVNO.

I can't check, because I use data only SIM cards, so I can't get to that section on my current phone, since I have no real cellular/carrier phone #.

Device(s)
    Moto G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    It says Red Pocket.
    Strange, my ATT phone that indicates "Red Pocket" works fine with Call Forwarding & MMI codes. My other ATT phone that indicates "GSMA" won't work with either. I tried activating through the dialer app, but had no success there either.

Feedback Score
    My TracFone/at&t and TMobile Sims both allow call forwarding.

Sent from my K88 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I also have a phone on Page Plus which does allow conditional call forwarding. Looks like it's a hit or miss situation on mvno's