Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: New offer from Tracfone

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    The airtime is pre-loaded to the SIM. Call it a SIM bundle instead of the normal phone bundle. When you transfer from your current phone to activate the SIM bundle the old and new airtime buckets and days combine. The transfer retains your current phone number.

With anything new from Tracfone, there is uncertainty until we gain experience.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by figsys View Post
    According to one comment on SD https://slickdeals.net/f/13086946-eb...#post127581994 this adds to existing account? Is it as simple as just activating with existing number and switching SIMs?
    If it works like most bundle deals (phone + units + days), you can transfer service from an existing phone on TF to the new SIM at activation, then the bundled units & days get added to current balances.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    I wondered the same thing. I sent them a message asking what you get if you choose "not sure" but, so far, no response. I chose the AT&T option because I want to move one phone from Verizon to AT&T anyway. My big question is whether this TF provided sim is treated like a BYOP or TF sim and will be offered the $49 one year option.
    ALL the descriptions point to BYOP. Meaning you lose access to the 365 days adder, but at this same $50 selling price.
    The card says $5 per Month, or $60 per year, probably the regular selling price. $50 being the indicated limited time offer.
    If you wanted to add it to a TF branded phone and had to give the identifying IMEI, would they allow the SIM`s use in a TF?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wonder if you have to sign for it?

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TacoDan View Post
    Wonder if you have to sign for it?
    It's TF so I would assume so.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    Bought one. Will let you know if I can do a transfer. I appears that the sim comes preloaded so there is no card to add.
    Thanks for testing this. it's a really good price, especially if it can be combined with an existing balance on a byop. The description on eBay is totally silent on whether it can be used with an already active byop and reads like it's targeted at new users. But hopefully you'll get a nice surprise.

I was told on Chat yesterday that it would work with an existing byop, but it was clear the Chat rep had no idea about the specific product so that information is worthless.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    There is also the question of how long you have after you receive it to use it. That is not stated. You may find out after opening the shipment.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfu2215 View Post
    Thanks for testing this. it's a really good price, especially if it can be combined with an existing balance on a byop. The description on eBay is totally silent on whether it can be used with an already active byop and reads like it's targeted at new users. But hopefully you'll get a nice surprise.
    There's nothing on any TF page about moving balances to new phones, BYOP or not.

Why do/would you think this pre-loaded sim would be different from any other BYOP SIM?

You are moving from one "device" to another whether it's a branded phone or BYOP, with or without bundled airtime.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    There's nothing on any TF page about moving balances to new phones, BYOP or not.

Why do/would you think this pre-loaded sim would be different from any other BYOP SIM?

You are moving from one "device" to another whether it's a branded phone or BYOP, with or without bundled airtime.
    Why do I think? Well, this item is only offered on eBay currently and the value of the individual items is so much cheaper than even the best current cheapest values, it seems to me that the product *may be* an introductory-type offer specifically directed to new byop users to get them on board. It was the extremely competitive nature of the offer - not relative to the market but to Tracfone's pricing structure - rather than the silence on combining the sim with an existing balance that led me to surmise this. I'd be very happy to be wrong!

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    This is not monthly!!!
    The 1200 talk and text and 3gb is supposed to last an entire YEAR!!

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    This is not monthly!!!
    Did anyone say anything about it being monthly? If so, I must have missed it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfu2215 View Post
    it seems to me that the product *may be* an introductory-type offer specifically directed to new byop users to get them on board.
    It;s the same as other bundles like sold by HSN, QVC, and TF on eBay.

It's just finally being offered to BYOP customers instead of only brands devices.

Yes, aimed at new customers but not restricted/limited.

Again, none of the bundles ever mention being for upgrades/current customers. All the way back to the VA canteen phones that activated with 1yr of service 10+ years ago.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    This is not monthly!!!
    Correct! It's an EXCELLENT value for TF for light users!

Feedback Score
    In 7 to 10 days I can probably answer these questions. That was the delivery estimate. Sure seems like they could stuff it into an envelope, slap a stamp on it and get it delivered in a couple of days.

Feedback Score
    This is a good deal from Tracfone. There are better deals though. Red Pocket would be the better value for a new line: Purchase the 500mb/100/100 each month for 360 days = 6GB/1200/1200 for the same price of $60.

Actually, come to think of it, free would be even better. I have been using a Freedompop sim on AT&T as a backup for the last several years. I get 200 min., 500 texts and 250MB each month = 3GB/2400/6000. I paid 99 cents for the sim and have never[paid another dime. I use it sparingly, making sure I never use more than 150 min, 200MB each month. Seldom ever use texts, since it is not my main phone.

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast