Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Thread: New offer from Tracfone

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PL1 View Post
    Everything stacks and rolls over and you can keep your number if it is TMO or AT&T. Just follow these instructions.
    Verizon is more complicated.
    I do have Tracfone on Verizon currently. When I ordered the $50 a few months ago, I received an 3-pack SIM(T-Mo, AT&T, Verizon) and a separate card for 365 days of service(minutes+text and 3gb data).

The $30 one that I just ordered a couple of days ago did not ask me to choose a carrier. Is it safe to assume that it will also arrive with the 3-pack SIM and a separate 365-day service card? If so, isn't it simply a matter of taking the code from the 365-day card and adding it to my existing line?

What if I just hold on to it and activate it in several months?

Thanks!

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 G930T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaCL View Post
    I do have Tracfone on Verizon currently. When I ordered the $50 a few months ago, I received an 3-pack SIM(T-Mo, AT&T, Verizon) and a separate card for 365 days of service(minutes+text and 3gb data).

The $30 one that I just ordered a couple of days ago did not ask me to choose a carrier. Is it safe to assume that it will also arrive with the 3-pack SIM and a separate 365-day service card? If so, isn't it simply a matter of taking the code from the 365-day card and adding it to my existing line?

What if I just hold on to it and activate it in several months?

Thanks!
    That is probably an AT&T SIM. They stopped including the pin card and the buckets are pre-loaded on top the SIM. If you can get a hold of an unlocked GSM phone and activate the SIM with that, then have a TF CSR combine on to your Verizon SIM, that would work. Otherwise, I would return the SIM to Ebay "Not as described" and get a refund.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PL1 View Post
    That is probably an AT&T SIM. They stopped including the pin card and the buckets are pre-loaded on top the SIM. If you can get a hold of an unlocked GSM phone and activate the SIM with that, then have a TF CSR combine on to your Verizon SIM, that would work. Otherwise, I would return the SIM to Ebay "Not as described" and get a refund.
    Ok. thanks! So you would not advise holding on to the card for 8 months and activate it on Dec. 31, 2020?(last day of this year)

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 G930T
    Feedback Score
    Ok. thanks! So you would not advise holding on to the card for 8 months and activate it on Dec. 31, 2020?(last day of this year)
    There is a 30 day return policy with Ebay.

Feedback Score
    The only reason to wait would be if you already have high balances. It's better to avoid extreme balances. It gives Tracfone the creeps and could attract unwanted attention.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I've already been using the other $50 1-year card from eBay.

I just about another one because it was $30. The card is arriving on Friday.

Should I add it to my existing account now? Or should I wait until my current $50 1-year- plan ends? I don't care if I lose the phone number or not, since I only use it with my Google Voice number as my main number.

Thanks!
    Things have changed since I posted that in early February. But what I posted is still relevant in saving the transferred airtime and phone number when activating the AT&T SIM with the preloaded airtime you will receive.
    Concerning the two listings, whose wording has changed since you last ordered.
    a. the ad with no choice now gets you a preloaded AT&T SIM
    b. the other ad lets you select which of the three provider`s SIM you will receive with the airtime pre-loaded
    There is no longer a way to get the SIM and airtime card separate. Not time to panic yet, just do not rush ahead.
    The reason not to wait is there have been cases where the preloaded airtime was NOT actually preloaded... you need to find out NOW.
    This has all been covered in other threads, but for some reason not in this main thread where you might expect to find it.
    Other thread titles:
    $29.99 eBay TF 1200/1200/3GB/1Year
    Ebay Deal

You would have to transfer your service to activate the preloaded AT&T SIM and then transfer back to a Verizon SIM.
    For advice on ways to proceed, we need to know at least what phone you have and if it Tracfone branded or a BYOP? Also, can your phone operate with AT&T in addition to Verizon?

EDIT - The very SIM you ordered seems to be arriving with the preloaded airtime missing. This is the second time around for this problem. They stopped selling it for a while and began again with it supposedly having been fixed.
    Read the following thread (Ebay Deal) beginning from where I have you starting (look further back if you also want additional older info):
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...8#post17127928
    Last edited by Tracfancier; 04-16-2020 at 11:35 PM.

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42