Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: New offer from Tracfone

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    The Ebay listing has two pictures: one showing the front of the card, this is the 2nd picture. Don't know if it's the back of the card or part of a new red Activation Card. Sounds like a PIN is supplied. Don't know if the PIN can be redeemed directly to an existing line like a typical time card PIN, or only during the activation process of the included SIM.

Name:  Tracfone-New-Offer-2.jpg
Views: 899
Size:  34.5 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    It can't be added to a balance , the existing balance and number are added to the bundle when you transfer to the new device/SIM.

[quoye]As far as I know they all come with a phone and that phone has to be activated.
    This does too, the SIM is the device. TF has treated BYOP SIMs as the device (instead of IMEI) on AT&T and TMO since they started BYOP with them.[/QUOTE]

I take your point but it's questionable at this stage how this would work with TF/Verizon (three of our six TF lines are on Verizon). I won't buy until I'm sure it will supplement an existing balance. Have you jumped on the offer?
    Last edited by tfu2215; 05-18-2019 at 02:07 PM. Reason: added info about VZW

Feedback Score
    I do not see this as a risky venture. At the bottom of the ebay listing it states that you can return it within 30 days. This is a no-brainer for me. I bought two. If they don't work the way that I am hoping I will just return and get my money back.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    But I'm skeptical of what that response says.
    I find it doubtful that you can just add the bundled airtime to an active line without a transfer to the new SIM.

It'd be a step back to the early bundles before they started tying to IMEI.

The fraud before caused the change so I don't see this not being tied to the SIM.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfu2215 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    This does too, the SIM is the device. TF has treated BYOP SIMs as the device (instead of IMEI) on AT&T and TMO since they started BYOP with them.
    Have you jumped on the offer?
    No as my lines are all on TW right now.

As for Verizon, you add the IMEI during activation. The catch is for with a existing line since the IMEI is already tied to a SIM.

There would be workarounds, similar to harvesting the phone bundles.

Or maybe just have them replace the current, active SIM, though it may take a few tries to get the right CSR.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    In 7 to 10 days I can probably answer these questions. That was the delivery estimate. Sure seems like they could stuff it into an envelope, slap a stamp on it and get it delivered in a couple of days.
    Let us know if you have to sign for it, FedEx ?

That's Tracfone's usual way of sending stuff.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Safe and easy often comes with a higher price tag. The regular price for this item appears to be $60.
    The card states service at $5/mo. x 12 = $60 for the 365 days

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    In 7 to 10 days I can probably answer these questions. That was the delivery estimate. Sure seems like they could stuff it into an envelope, slap a stamp on it and get it delivered in a couple of days.
    7-10 days doesn`t sound right, what does direct shipper tracking say? Also, who is the shipper?
    I never trust e-bay tracking info, it`s often incomplete, I go direct to shipper website and plug in the tracking number.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    7-10 days doesn`t sound right, what does direct shipper tracking say? Also, who is the shipper?
    I never trust e-bay tracking info, it`s often incomplete, I go direct to shipper website and plug in the tracking number.
    Whoa...Tracfone is the seller and I assume, the shipper. What carrier, I don't know. Have not received tracking info yet. The eBay listing estimated delivery in 7 to 10 days. Heck, this could all be some sort of scam.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    When I bought the BOGO Fiesta 2 from TF on Ebay, it took 2 days before they shipped by FedEx Ground and another 2 days to get delivered. FedEx Ground (Home Delivery) only delivers on Tuesday through Saturday.

Feedback Score
    When I bought the BOGO Fiesta 2 from TF on Ebay, it took 2 days before they shipped by FedEx Ground and another 2 days to get delivered. FedEx Ground (Home Delivery) only delivers on Tuesday through Saturday.
    Mine were shipped via UPS thankfully.

You can't imagine how happy I was that it was UPS over FedEx.

But I ordered the 2 LG Fiesta 2s later than you did.

It was the most recent offering.

Sent from my Luscious LG Fiesta 2

Device(s)
    LG G6, Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Verizon), Red Pocket (ATT)
    Feedback Score
    I'm thinking about this offer. At first, I wasn't considering it because I have TMFL but I haven't bought anything except the $50 to extend for a year in two years. I've been tracking my usage and how much everything has cost me over the last few months and I can't beat Tracfone. My one year is up in August so, even though I would lose TMFL, it looks like this might be a good deal considering I was planning to pay the $50 again in August.

Would you give up TMFL?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Willow16 View Post
    Would you give up TMFL?
    My BYOP phones have TMFL. I use more talk minutes than texts or data, the TMFL of the basic cards built up a lot of texts and data. Now that I can buy 500 talk minutes (no text, no data) for $10, losing TMFL wouldn't be a big deal for me.

Device(s)
    LG G6, Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    My BYOP phones have TMFL. I use more talk minutes than texts or data, the TMFL of the basic cards built up a lot of texts and data. Now that I can buy 500 talk minutes (no text, no data) for $10, losing TMFL wouldn't be a big deal for me.
    That's what I was thinking. Especially since I can buy texts and data separately.

Device(s)
    LG G6, Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Another thought - will they stack? I could buy two and add them both so I get service for two more years.

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast