Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: New offer from Tracfone

Feedback Score
    I have two TF accounts, both with TF branded phones. Although both have hefty bucket balances and neither is set to expire within the next six months, this sounds too good to pass up.
    Question: Has anyone checked the "I'm not sure" option and not received an air card that they were able to add to their existing account? My plan is to add the balances and dispose of the three SIM cards.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone ATT GSM
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry430 View Post
    I have two TF accounts, both with TF branded phones. Although both have hefty bucket balances and neither is set to expire within the next six months, this sounds too good to pass up.
    Question: Has anyone checked the "I'm not sure" option and not received an air card that they were able to add to their existing account? My plan is to add the balances and dispose of the three SIM cards.
    BYOD Sim card package sells for a $1 separately, save for a friend.

Carrier(s)
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    This is the response from Tracfone to my query on the item I purchased - Tracfone Prepaid Wireless Smartphone Plan+SIM-1200 Min,1200 Txt, 3GB Data
    ( 283448464240 )

Choose Carrier: Verizon Compatible

>>Thank you for your interest in TracFone Wireless. We are responding to
    your recent inquiry.

We have read your e-mail today, May 26, 2019, 11:50 AM EST. This is in
    regard with the TracFone Prepaid Wireless Smartphone Plan+SIM-1200 Min,
    1200 Txt, 3GB Data.

We would like to inform you that the package includes a SIM Activation
    Kit containing a tri-punch SIM card compatible with your chosen wireless
    carrier. Moreover, the airtime plan included from this order is
    pre-loaded to the SIM card. With this, we can transfer your phone
    number, existing TracFone account, remaining airtime units and service
    days to the new SIM card through our phone upgrade procedure and you can
    insert the SIM card to your TracFone Smartphone. Furthermore, the
    bundled airtime would be added on top of the airtime added from the old
    phone.<<

Is due to arrive Friday. Keeping wires crossed...

Feedback Score
    sounds good, thanks for posting. Mine are to be here Wed.

Carrier(s)
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Seems like Tracfone just now got to all of the messages I sent them from Friday night through Saturday morning. The one I posted was the response to my inquiry about the item.
    After writing that message, I got onto a chat with TF Saturday morning, and from that chat session, I was not at all sure the product I ordered would work as expected, so I sent another message (via TF Ebay store) requesting cancellation of the order.

So now, just after I received the reply I posted above, I received another informing me that a request for cancellation had been submitted.
    I replied to that message asking that my request for cancellation be withdrawn, based on the new information I had received.
    Now, it will be interesting to see what happens. I suppose that if the order is cancelled, I will see that as the status on Ebay, and can then request a refund to my credit card (if one wasn't initiated by TF), and re-place the order - this time for the 'I don't know' option, or use the other item listing where no carrier choice is available.

What is interesting is that, the replies to my messages (via TF on Ebay) are coming directly from Tracfone. I tried phoning them using the number provided in the email, but was informed that they could not give me any information on an order placed on Ebay.
    So, the only method to communicate about an order placed on Ebay is to use the Ebay message system.
    I guess I already knew that, but figured I would try the 800 number in the email anyway...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ultrarunner2015 View Post
    Seems like Tracfone just now got to all of the messages I sent them from Friday night through Saturday morning. The one I posted was the response to my inquiry about the item.
    After writing that message, I got onto a chat with TF Saturday morning, and from that chat session, I was not at all sure the product I ordered would work as expected, so I sent another message (via TF Ebay store) requesting cancellation of the order.

So now, just after I received the reply I posted above, I received another informing me that a request for cancellation had been submitted.
    I replied to that message asking that my request for cancellation be withdrawn, based on the new information I had received.
    Now, it will be interesting to see what happens. I suppose that if the order is cancelled, I will see that as the status on Ebay, and can then request a refund to my credit card (if one wasn't initiated by TF), and re-place the order - this time for the 'I don't know' option, or use the other item listing where no carrier choice is available.

What is interesting is that, the replies to my messages (via TF on Ebay) are coming directly from Tracfone. I tried phoning them using the number provided in the email, but was informed that they could not give me any information on an order placed on Ebay.
    So, the only method to communicate about an order placed on Ebay is to use the Ebay message system.
    I guess I already knew that, but figured I would try the 800 number in the email anyway...
    I don't know mang... All that effort, back and forth etc.

I have a VZW ordered and if it gets delivered without an aircard, I'll just return it. Maybe try again with I Don't Know choice. Fewer calories, jus sayin.

Feedback Score
    They are not too good at launching things fully-baked.

The details can change randomly mid-stream, and there is probably nobody who knows exactly what is going on.

I am waiting to see how this stabilizes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kc classic View Post
    Were you able to keep your previous balances or was this a new phone?
    Same phone. I activated the new sim as a byop, kept my number, put new sim in phone when it stopped working (almost immediately) and when I turned the phone on my previous balances were all updated. Nothing tricky, I just followed the online instructions.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, hopefully all works that way for me also.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kc classic View Post
    Thanks, hopefully all works that way for me also.
    It should.Some people prefer to call customer service or chat, especially if they have huge balances. Personally, I avoid speaking to a live tracfone person at all costs. Thats kept me a happy customer for many years.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12