Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Thread: New offer from Tracfone

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Fire him? He may be the one responsible for all the Glitches over the years.
    Does anyone remember a glitch that favored Tracfone?

can I buy 2 or 3 of these cards and stack them into the same line? (in order to have a line with up 3 years of service)

thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaCL View Post
    can I buy 2 or 3 of these cards and stack them into the same line? (in order to have a line with up 3 years of service)

thanks!
    Theoretically you can do this, but it will result in a huge amount of minutes and might trigger attention should you want to do some account actions.

The offer is limited to one per customer, so you will have to be creative.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    Theoretically you can do this, but it will result in a huge amount of minutes and might trigger attention should you want to do some account actions.

The offer is limited to one per customer, so you will have to be creative.
    You should be able to buy another every 10 days.

Feedback Score
    I bought 5 over the course of 2 months and added them to each of the 5 BYO phones on my account. I'm tempted to buy more.....

Device(s)
    BB 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just to report a recent success story with this deal. I started with two Tracfone/AT&T BYOD phones for which I wanted a cheap conversion to TMO. This deal seemed perfect.

I ordered a TMO-specific SIM for Phone#1 which I activated via chat and had the old balance transferred to the new SIM. No muss, no fuss. A big thanks to hpham for the chat script he posted.

Then, just for variety's sake, for Phone#2, I ordered a "I don't know" kit which came with the 3 SIM'S and an airtime card. Since I was changing carriers, I opted to do the AT&T to TMO transfer via chat. Again, no issues. Then I separately, online, applied the airtime to the new TMO.

Each of the above transactions were using the airtime for a new "phone" (aka SIM). I wasn't sure it would work for adding airtime, so I ordered another "I don't know" kit, which came in one day and put the SIMs on a shelf for some future use and applied the airtime to Phone#1. All good!

Feedback Score
    I will also share my experience. In December I ordered the full kit with airtime card and applied the card to my phone via text to 611611 (text the word ADD and follow the prompts). It was incredibly easy and the units were added immediately.

Then in January I switched to a new phone. I did the activate/transfer from old SIM to new SIM via the website. It took less than 10 seconds to go through. I found out later I could have done the transfer via text to 611611 also, but the website was very good.

Then a couple days ago, a friend of mine (also on Tracfone) purchased an HSN phone bundle and did the activate/transfer via the website. It went through immediately and correctly combined the old units with the new bundled units and extended the days by 1 year.

So maybe I'm lucky or something, but the automated methods worked and everything went through quickly and correctly.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzwad View Post
    So maybe I'm lucky or something, but the automated methods worked and everything went through quickly and correctly.
    If you stay with the same carrier when activating a new SIM/phone, it's usually instantaneous and low-risk. Changing carrier has more risk and takes longer because the phone number has to be ported across, requiring human intervention, and the balance info has to be pushed from TF system to the new carrier, that's where the delay and balance loss occurs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzwad View Post
    ...So maybe I'm lucky or something, but the automated methods worked and everything went through quickly and correctly.
    The online automated method generally does work these days. The problem arises when it doesn't. You have no easy recourse to get the units corrected. Calling and chatting after they are lost is a dead end. If you do the transfer by chat with the agent verifying your units before beginning they can try to fix it.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    It only takes a minute to get on chat and get a written record of your remaining airtime. Make sure you have the chat reference number so Tracfone can locate the chat and correct any mistakes made during non-chat transactions.

Feedback Score
    I have done chat in the past to make double-dog sure of everything but it generally ended up taking 20-30 minutes each time. I just didn't want to go through that again.

I definitely will use chat if I ever have to change carriers for some reason, but I can't see that happening anytime soon. Maybe by the time that happens, TF will have automated it so that it works correctly!

Feedback Score
    I noticed that the eBay listing says...

Service Plan pin can only activate with product purchased or it will become void

Is this true or just a scare tactic?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vwnut13 View Post
    I noticed that the eBay listing says...
    Service Plan pin can only activate with product purchased or it will become void
    Is this true or just a scare tactic?
    Go with our actual experiences as reported here. Disregard what the ad says.

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41