Thread: returning an order

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Luna, LG Rebel, LG L238C, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Question returning an order

I want to return a phone I ordered through the website, but I am not finding a method for doing a return on the website, and there is no paperwork included in the box the phone shipped in. I do have my order number. How do I return it? Online chat?

Feedback Score
    Chat is the correct answer...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toronado455 View Post
    I want to return a phone I ordered through the website, but I am not finding a method for doing a return on the website, and there is no paperwork included in the box the phone shipped in. I do have my order number. How do I return it? Online chat?
    try here - https://itstillworks.com/13649228/ho...-from-tracfone

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by steiny180 View Post
    Chat is the correct answer...
    Cool. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toronado455 View Post
    The return instructions and label are underneath the address label on the box the phone came in. There is a red strip at the top and then the label is perforated around the edges.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by penn462 View Post
    The return instructions and label are underneath the address label on the box the phone came in. There is a red strip at the top and then the label is perforated around the edges.
    BRILLIANT! You sir are a genius! I did NOT notice that red tear strip until you mentioned it.

The underside of that label is mostly an invoice for my order detailing the info of them shipping to me.
    At the very bottom of that invoice it is printed:

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Thank you for shopping with TracFone Wireless Web Orders!

How do I return my order? Handset and/or accessories may be returned within 30 - days,
    from the date it was delivered to you, for either an exchange or refund. Refunds will be
    processed within 30 business days, from the date the return is received, and credit to your
    account will appear between 1 - 2 business cycles. SIM cards, airtime plans, delivery costs,
    return shipping costs, and/or Bring Your Own Phone program purchases, are non - refundable.

Questions about your order? Contact Customer Support at: 1(800)-867-7183

----------------- Return Label. Adhere to return package. -----------------------

TracFone Wireless Web Orders
    IMM RETURNS / TRACFONE
    Order # XXXXXXXX
    1451 Allpoints Court, Suite 2
    Plainfield, IN 46168
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

So... I assume I just cut on the dotted line and tape that little return label (it's VERY small) on the outside of the box, and put the rest of the invoice inside the box, and then take it to FedEx (or other shipper) and ship it back to them (at my expense obviously).

But do I need to do an online chat session with them (or call) also to obtain an RMA? (It doesn't say to do so in the "instructions", but I'm thinking it might be a good idea.)

Feedback Score
    Make copies of everything.

Otherwise, if you send back the originals, you will have nothing.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I scanned everything (including the box of the phone with the serial numbers etc). Thanks.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Do I need to get a RMA before returning? (there's no mention of an RMA requirement in the instructions)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I did a few chats today. First, they didn't know what an RMA was. Then they told me to ship to a different address than what is on the return label (see my reply #6 above). So now I'm just more confused LOL.

The returns address given to me by the chat reps is:
    Ingram Micro Mobility Return Center, 2675 Reeves Road. Suite 190. Plainfield, IN 46168

Feedback Score
    I would prefer to use the shipping label, which should go directly to where the return item should be, instead of the address provided by CSR, which could be a more general return place and takes additional time to sort out when the return item should be re-directed to.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick880 View Post
    I would prefer to use the shipping label, which should go directly to where the return item should be, instead of the address provided by CSR, which could be a more general return place and takes additional time to sort out when the return item should be re-directed to.
    Right. But I thought perhaps it might be the other way around.

However, I just called the phone number of the shipping dept one of the TracFone CSRs gave me 1-866-667-6470 and spoke with a person there who also said to use the 1451 Allpoints Court, Suite 2 address as printed on the return shipping label.

I tried to find out what that other 2675 Reeves Road. Suite 190 address is for, and he said it's a backup/reference address that they give out if you don't have the shipping label. He said basically either address is OK to use, but I should use the 1451 Allpoints Court, Suite 2 one because I have my original shipping label. Perhaps the 2675 Reeves Road. Suite 190 is for people who lost their shipping labels? In any case, I will use the 1451 Allpoints Court, Suite 2 address as printed on the return shipping label.

Also, apparently they don't do RMA numbers. He didn't say I needed an RMA, and when I asked him, he said to retain the return tracking number provided by the shipper when I ship it. I think maybe that return tracking number is the only other number they care about besides the order number.

Feedback Score
    I have ordered from TF quite a few times, and notice the return info has been faded much. But the merchandise is cheap and is not considered a total loss if it does not work out but rather an exchange happens.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I shipped it to them via FedEx. I don't know if they will exchange or refund as there was no instructions as to how to specify what they do. I suppose I can contact them after the phone is delivered.