Thread: New fair use policy

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

New fair use policy

Has anyone noticed the new fair use policy that went into effect on April 12, 2019?
    https://www.freedommobile.ca/fairusage

There is a table that describes new fair use terms for plans activated prior to April 9, 2015.
    Does this mean that grandfathered plans with US roaming will no longer be able to use the included US roaming?

I know they already eliminated most of my unlimited high-speed US roaming data feature to 1GB
    (though they always start throttling at about 750MB esp when use for the entire month falls below the 1GB thresh).
    They seem to enjoy violating their own terms.

Does this mean they will further eliminate their own terms of the plan?

I know I can always dial 611 and speak to an agent about it but I seldom, if ever, receive accurate answers to such queries for them so doing so is a complete waste of time.
    My evolution: Morse code key->Qualcomm 860->2760->Mot Accompli 008->009->mpx200->mpx220->Samsung i607 BJ I->i617 BJ II->i637 BJ III->Nokia E72->E73 ->E6->Mot NEXUS 6

Device(s)
    Zed 30, Z10, 9900, 9780, 8530, W995a, u8a, w508, w980, w380a and a few Z710s
    Carrier(s)
    au revoir Robbers... bonjour Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I can't think of one good reason for anyone to stick with Wind. With a bit of work, you can get on a legitimate network, and not have to be subjected to this nonsense.

Good luck to you in getting an honest answer...

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Stick with WIND?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You grandfathered plan with US roaming will still function. They just changed the term of throttling/different stages of throttling speeds once going over your full speed allotment. You shouldn't be throttled at 750MB if you have 1GB in your plan. If that's happening maybe their is some backend issue.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinly84 View Post
    You grandfathered plan with US roaming will still function. They just changed the term of throttling/different stages of throttling speeds once going over your full speed allotment. You shouldn't be throttled at 750MB if you have 1GB in your plan. If that's happening maybe their is some backend issue.
    I initally also thought the throttle was coincidental of network conditions. But this had happened with multiple billing cycles.

My usage for the current cycle is 0.78GB.
    Throttling started this past week again. Usage will not increase as I leave cell data turned off on my handset as the throttled data rate is near useless even for road map applications. Fortunately, the billing cycle resets next week.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I would definitely report that, I had a similar issue at one point where was getting throttled too soon on the Freedom network, I ended up sending screenshots to their back office and they rectified everything. Been fine since.