Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: ATT IoT Plans...How does one purchase?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    192
    Device(s)
    V9x
    Carrier(s)
    at&t Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

    ATT IoT Plans...How does one purchase?

    developer.att.com/blog/att-iot-data-plans

    Does anyone know how one can sign up for these plans either direct or through a third party re-seller?

    I have a 5 line smartphone business account with ATT and have hit nothing but brick walls trying to get in contact with someone at ATT who actually knows anything about these IoT plans...

    Hman

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    5,606
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    358
    Device(s)
    nexus and RIP Motorola flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks for the link ,
    Do you basically just buy a small amount of data and get a phone number.
    I wanted to use it for a GPS tracker for my work van,
    Wanted: old barnfind VWs and Sports cars ,
    save them from the crusher , I have had my tetanus shots so rust does not scare me ,
    anything considered even parts cars

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    5,606
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by trackVW View Post
    Thanks for the link , Do you basically just buy a small amount of data and get a phone number. I wanted to use it for a GPS tracker for my work van,
    see if your device is listed in the drop down list - https://marketplace.att.com/products...before-you-buy then read the PDF & watch the short video

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    82
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    For small data plans, you might also want to check out one of the ATT mvno's pricing. Look at Red Pocket. I have had no problems with them.


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Baja California / Sinaloa
    Posts
    22,350
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone XS Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hman414 View Post
    developer.att.com/blog/att-iot-data-plans

    Does anyone know how one can sign up for these plans either direct or through a third party re-seller?

    I have a 5 line smartphone business account with ATT and have hit nothing but brick walls trying to get in contact with someone at ATT who actually knows anything about these IoT plans...

    Hman
    Do you have a business rep?
    Usually, they have the resources to connect you to the various offerings they have.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,292
    Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by davemica View Post
    For small data plans, you might also want to check out one of the ATT mvno's pricing. Look at Red Pocket. I have had no problems with them.


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Seconded. Trying to talk to AT&T or T-Mo about IoT plans for devices not on their lists was hard enough that I gave up and bought a $1 H2O Wireless SIM at Target for my tracker, and signed up for the Pay as You Go plan ($10 for 90 days, $9 after auto-recharge discount.) At $0.10/MB the $10 covers the data requirements of the tracker (it uses about 25-30MB/month.)

    About the same price as an IoT plan without the hassles, device certifications, etc.



    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Similar Threads

  1. How does one upgrade s/w in GD87?
    By Dutch in forum Panasonic
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-11-2003, 04:27 PM
  2. $49.99 plan, How does it compare?
    By **JIGGAMAN97** in forum AT&T
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-27-2002, 01:28 AM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-06-2002, 06:07 PM
  4. how does one configure ipaq for internet on rogers?
    By crow in forum Rogers/Fido/Chat-r
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-04-2002, 09:52 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-04-2002, 10:12 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks