Thread: anyone have any luck getting telus data overage charges lowered or credited?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

anyone have any luck getting telus data overage charges lowered or credited?

had my plan upgraded to the 15gb but didnt know it kicked in the next billing cycle, had my telus notifications off because i track data with my phone, now i got hit with $100 of data overages and telus loyalty said they have a no ctedit policy for data.
    anything i can do to get it lowered or atleast pay the better rate for data overages?
    i have 5 lines with telus and have been with telus for 13 years and spoke to regular telus rep and loyalty and none budged

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, iPad Mini 2, MacBook Pro 2013 13”, Apple TV 4.
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    That’s understandable!
    Managing your usage is your responsibility.

Sent from my iPhone XS on TELUS’ network using HoFo.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hnijhar View Post
    had my plan upgraded to the 15gb but didnt know it kicked in the next billing cycle, had my telus notifications off because i track data with my phone, now i got hit with $100 of data overages and telus loyalty said they have a no ctedit policy for data. anything i can do to get it lowered or atleast pay the better rate for data overages? i have 5 lines with telus and have been with telus for 13 years and spoke to regular telus rep and loyalty and none budged
    try using the TELUS data manager - https://www.telus.com/en/mobility/data-manager also try these tips - https://forum.telus.com/t5/Neighbour...ata/ba-p/63093

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hnijhar View Post
    had my plan upgraded to the 15gb but didnt know it kicked in the next billing cycle, had my telus notifications off because i track data with my phone, now i got hit with $100 of data overages and telus loyalty said they have a no ctedit policy for data.
    anything i can do to get it lowered or atleast pay the better rate for data overages?
    i have 5 lines with telus and have been with telus for 13 years and spoke to regular telus rep and loyalty and none budged
    It's illegal for them to charge you more than $50 without your consent via text message. (or did this get repealed)?

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    My wife just had a 50% credit on her overage charges, took two calls. Similar situation as you; 12 years, multiple lines.