Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can a Total Wireless Moto E5 be activated on TracFone?

Feedback Score

Can a Total Wireless Moto E5 be activated on TracFone?

Can a Total Wireless phone be activated on TracFone out of the box?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vwnut13 View Post
    Yes.......

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    TF nowadays will "rebrand" a Total Wireless phone to Tracfone. The TW Moto E5 model number ends with "DL" so it has both CDMA and GSM radio. However, being TW, it will come with a Verizon SIM. If you want to use it with AT&T or T-mo, they'll need to send you another SIM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    TF nowadays will "rebrand" a Total Wireless phone to Tracfone. The TW Moto E5 model number ends with "DL" so it has both CDMA and GSM radio. However, being TW, it will come with a Verizon SIM. If you want to use it with AT&T or T-mo, they'll need to send you another SIM.
    I would be using it on Tracfone with Verizon

They will "rebrand" it, does that mean I need to contact support to do so, or can I just activate it out of the box as if it was a Tracfone?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I would be using it on Tracfone with Verizon

They will "rebrand" it, does that mean I need to contact support to do so, or can I just activate it out of the box as if it was a Tracfone?
    It's best to contact support, in case they keep track of what SIM number belongs to what sub-brand. If you just activate it yourself, you might end up with Total Wireless service.

Feedback Score
    It's best to contact support, in case they keep track of what SIM number belongs to what sub-brand. If you just activate it yourself, you might end up with Total Wireless service.
    Could you elaborate on exactly what I need to tell/ask the Tracfone support? Do I simply say "I would like to transfer my existing Tracfone minutes/text/data to this new phone with IMEI ***", or do I have to mention that the new phone is from Total Wireless?

My current phone is a Tracfone Rebel 2. The new one is a Total Wireless J3 Orbit. Should I put the Rebel's sim in J3 before I contact Tracfone, or should I use J3's new sim? The Rebel has a triple minute sim, in case that matters.

I don't plan to e.g. swap the J3 for a different phone and then resell the J3 on ebay, so "restoring" the J3 to a Total Wireless phone is a non-issue here. I do need to be able to use my current Tracfone minutes/text/data on the J3.

THANKS!

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SaOn View Post
    Could you elaborate on exactly what I need to tell/ask the Tracfone support? Do I simply say "I would like to transfer my existing Tracfone minutes/text/data to this new phone with IMEI ***", or do I have to mention that the new phone is from Total Wireless?

My current phone is a Tracfone Rebel 2. The new one is a Total Wireless J3 Orbit. Should I put the Rebel's sim in J3 before I contact Tracfone, or should I use J3's new sim? The Rebel has a triple minute sim, in case that matters.
    Don't move the SIMs around; keep them in the original phones.

Just tell the TF rep in simple language...."I have a new Total Wireless J3 Orbit that I want to activate on Tracfone with a transfer from my current (Rebel) phone, number xxx-xxx-xxxx".

You'll probably lose TMFL benefit because the J3 (being from Total Wireless) doesn't come with TMFL. But sometimes a new activation does get TMFL as a promotion. TF works in a mysterious way.

Feedback Score
    I think you can move any already activated TracFone/straight talk/net10 sim to this phone and it will work automatically.. In addition I think it can be a gsm/ Verizon sim, as long as it's a TracFone brand, I'm looking to move my straight talk at&t sim to the total wireless e5, I'm looking at it right now at Walmart, it's on sale for $36.

Sent from my K88 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SaOn View Post
    Being this is Verizon service, VoLTE is a big consideration. Does the Rebel 2 have this now? If not, it will take a service transfer to the J3 Orbit to enable VoLTE. If the Rebel 2 was activated a year+ ago it is likely not VoLTE enabled.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    I think you can move any already activated TracFone/straight talk/net10 sim to >>>this phone <<< and it will work automatically.. In addition I think it can be a gsm/ Verizon sim, as long as it's a TracFone brand
    I don't know which phone is THIS PHONE. The Moto E5 that vwnut asked about or the J3 Orbit that SaOn asked about. The E5 has GSM and CDMA radios can be used with any TF-brand SIM, but the Orbit is a VL model and only has CDMA radio.

Feedback Score
    I wonder if using a TracFone TMobile or at&t sim on the total wireless version allows WiFi and volte ?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    I wonder if using a TracFone TMobile or at&t sim on the total wireless version allows WiFi and volte ?
    I can't speak about the Total Wireless version, but I have a Simple Mobile Moto E5, same model number XT1920DL. I put a TF/T-mo SIM from my wife's Fiesta 2 into it and it has VoLTE calling. Didn't enable WiFi Calling so didn't test it. I put a TF/AT&T SIM from my LG Q6 into it and it worked fine for non-HD calls and texts, but AT&T hasn't turned on VoLTE to TF customers yet.

Feedback Score
    I can't speak about the Total Wireless version, but I have a Simple Mobile Moto E5, same model number XT1920DL. I put a TF/T-mo SIM from my wife's Fiesta 2 into it and it has VoLTE calling. Didn't enable WiFi Calling so didn't test it. I put a TF/AT&T SIM from my LG Q6 into it and it worked fine for non-HD calls and texts, but AT&T hasn't turned on VoLTE to TF customers yet.
    Good to know, my Walmart has the e5 on all TracFone brands clearanced out, the total wireless seems to be the cheapest, from what I can tell they all share the same "1920DL" designation regardless of TF carrier.

Feedback Score
    I also have the simple mobile Fiesta ending in "BL", I've been using it with my TracFone at&t , I've also used it with net10 T-Mobile and it had volte and wifi calling.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Being this is Verizon service, VoLTE is a big consideration. Does the Rebel 2 have this now? If not, it will take a service transfer to the J3 Orbit to enable VoLTE. If the Rebel 2 was activated a year+ ago it is likely not VoLTE enabled.
    I don't believe the Rebel2 does VoLTE --- that's the reason I want to switch to the J3. Sounds like I need to call Tracfone and do a service transfer.

After I complete the transfer, is there any way I could reuse the triple minute sim from the Rebel? (on the J3 or another phone)

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast