Device(s)
    Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Verizon), Sprint, Tello
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Question Activate HSN bundle with a "transfer" from a BYOP tracfone

There are so many threads on this because everyone is doing something slightly different. Here is my scenario

all Verizon, verizon to verizon

The HSN bundle is a TracFone branded LG Rebel 2 LTE (CDMA) (LG L58VL) (does VoLTE) that I finally opened and just charged it up, not activated. Supposed to have 1200/1200/1200 and 1 year service

This following is the phone I use, want to move the phone number mins/text/data and service time remaining to LG Rebel 2:
    moto g4 play XT1609 - verizon (prepaid) - "locked"
    "locked" in that it can't be activated on tracfone
    (The SIM in this phone came from an activated moto e2 verizon XT1528 (prepaid) "unlocked" (still have the phone))

I need all the mins/text/data and days of service to be combined all onto the LG Rebel 2

I think I activate the LG rebel 2 by "transferring" service from the moto, Is this correct?
    If so can I do it through the automated website?

Or do I simply activate the LG Rebel 2 by itself and then get on a chat and have them do a "transfer" to the LG Rebel 2?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You transfer to activate. And you do it through chat to get a written record of your current airtime.
    NEVER EVER activate and then transfer your service. You risk losing everything currently on the receiving phone.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Ask for the old service to be transferred to the Rebel. This will 1. Activate the Rebel 2. Load it with the old airtime 3. Load it with the bundle airtime all simultaneously or at least within minutes however they do it.

Do not activate the Rebel separately or you will have two separate active phones and a headache getting them combined as Tracfone dislikes doing that because it is a pain.

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    You transfer to activate. And you do it through chat to get a written record of your current airtime.
    NEVER EVER activate and then transfer your service. You risk losing everything currently on the receiving phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    Ask for the old service to be transferred to the Rebel. This will 1. Activate the Rebel 2. Load it with the old airtime 3. Load it with the bundle airtime all simultaneously or at least within minutes however they do it.

Do not activate the Rebel separately or you will have two separate active phones and a headache getting them combined as Tracfone dislikes doing that because it is a pain.
    Great, thanks! So I get them to confirm the buckets and days service on the moto on chat. Will they be able to confirm the 1200/1200/1200 and 1 year on the unactivated LG Rebel 2 before I begin? It did not come with an airtime card just a red start here booklet with IMEI and SIM card number. And the "transfer" also moves the phone number correct?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by YaWho View Post
    So I get them to confirm the buckets and days service on the moto on chat. Will they be able to confirm the 1200/1200/1200 and 1 year on the unactivated LG Rebel 2 before I begin? And the "transfer" also moves the phone number correct?
    Here's a transcript of my activation of a bundled phone with a transfer from my existing phone. Yes, the phone number, buckets, days will all be transferred to the new phone.
    =============================
    Kyle: Hi! How may I help you today?
    You: Could you give me the balance of my phone 785-xxx-xxxx ?
    Kyle: I will be more than happy to provide you the information.
    Kyle: Upon checking your account, it shows that you have 4xxx minutes for voice/calling, 7xxx text messages and 7.3 gigabytes of data remaining.
    You: what is the service end date for that phone?
    Kyle: Your Service End Date will be on xx/xx/2019
    Kyle: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?
    You: I'd like to activate a new phone with a transfer from my phone 785-xxx-xxxx.
    Kyle: I will be more than happy to assist you with that.
    Kyle: May I ask the serial number of the new phone?
    You: 354 062 xxx xxx xxx
    Kyle: Before we proceed with your request, I will ask a security question first for you to validate this account.
    You: yes
    Kyle: May I ask what was the name of your High School?
    You: [my high school name]
    Kyle: Let me go ahead and process your request. Allow me one moment.
    You: ok
    Kyle: I already processed your request. And the ticket number or reference for this transaction will be 11709xxxxx.
    Kyle: Kindly make sure that the old phone is off.
    Kyle: We will now wait for the activation to be completed.
    You: The new phone comes with 1-yr service and 1200/1200/1200. Could you give me the new expiration data and balance?
    Kyle: Allow me another two minutes.
    You: ok
    Kyle: Kindly try to turn your new phone off and back.
    You: The phone was turned off and now back on.
    Kyle: Kindly try to make a call and let me know if it works.
    You: The phone can make calls now. Could you give me the new expiration date and balance?
    Kyle: I am still waiting for my system to generate your account balance.
    Kyle: Upon checking your account, it shows that you have 5xxx minutes for voice/calling, 8xxx text messages and 8.5 gigabytes of data remaining.
    Kyle: Your Service End Date will be on xx/xx/2020.
    Kyle: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?
    You: All is well. Thank you very much.
    Kyle: You are welcome. It is my pleasure.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yes, the phone number moves unless you ask for a new one.

I don't think they can verify the impending airtime on the Rebel. It is a matter of faith until the phone is actually put into play. I'm not sure who gets the heat if it doesn't work.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yes, Tracfone requires that the airtime and phone number transfer together.
    I always mention to them what airtime is bundled with the new phone. I have already added together the old and new buckets and days end date.
    I have a second window open ready to check remaining airtime before getting off chat. Quite often you can check everything before getting off chat as some transfer/activations are almost instant.

I have never heard of varifying bundled airtime before it actually appears after activation. You would need proof from the ad or the paperwork if it were not to appear at activation. How long ago did you purchase the Bundle and from whom? Waiting to activate a purchase is risky.

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I'm going to give the chat a try. Thanks again for all the great info!

oops:
    We are experiencing a high volume of chats at this time. Please try again later. Our hours of operation are Monday-Sunday 8am to 11:45pm.

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hurray, it worked! I have my chat copy/paste and email as proof. The balances and end
    date are correct, phone number also and I can make calls.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    YaWho, How long after the purchase of the Rebel 2 did you activate? I have a Rebel 4/with bundle that I bought in December of 2018 from HSN. I'm sure the paperwork is around some where in/on my desk.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone ATT GSM
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    YaWho, How long after the purchase of the Rebel 2 did you activate? I have a Rebel 4/with bundle that I bought in December of 2018 from HSN. I'm sure the paperwork is around some where in/on my desk.
    I just activated two LG Sunset phones from HSN on AT&T that I bought in June 2017 without a hitch. I moved my phone number and minutes from a BYOD phone to the first LG and then right after that I moved it to the second LG and then to a new BYOD sim placed in the original phone. It took about 15 minutes. I was not able to reactivate the original BYOD sim and so I tossed it. All this was done online via the website with no problems. I guess I'm just a wild risk taker. I got 2 more years and 2400/2400/2.4GB. I do not plan to reuse the two Sunsets.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by smithduluth View Post
    All this was done online via the website with no problems. I guess I'm just a wild risk taker.
    When all the phones involved in the transfer use the same carrier, the risk of doing it online is low. When they use different carriers, there's a porting process for the phone number, and the balance info has to be pushed from TF system out to the new carrier. That is where sometimes things go wrong, causing you to lose the phone number and/or your balance. If things went wrong while doing the transfer online, recovering the lost phone number or balance is a tough process.

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    I purchased the Rebel 2 in Sept 2017 and I activated it yesterday. I bought it for someone else who changed their mind and decided to stay with a flip phone. Since it was only $35 after coupon I just decided to keep it.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanx, people. for your quick replies