Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Double Data Promo For All New Lines

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    So should he sign up under prepaid first with a new number then transfer his old number to his prepaid account?
    That would be the ideal way to do it as you want that double data line in place first. However, I would still call VZW support first and see what they have to say. The challenge might be to find a CSR that knows how to do a number transfer from postpaid to prepaid. I've never done it personally.......only read about it from different posts. From what I've read, you need a VZW prepaid CSR to make it happen. Another post said you contact the VZW "migration" department??? It might take a few phone calls to make it happen. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    In Verizon's FAQ you linked, there is this sentence:
    Note: You can't replace an existing prepaid number with a ported number. You can only port when activating a new prepaid account.
    Taoman, have you done the numbe porting after getting a new prepaid number?

Thanks.

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jcai2000 View Post

Taoman, have you done the numbe porting after getting a new prepaid number.
    Yes I have. Twice. I saw that line and I don't understand why it's there since it goes directly against my experience and also what you see when you login to My Verizon (prepaid).

When you login to My Verizon and click on "Change Mobile Number" you have the option of choosing a new number or to "Port an existing number." And below that it says:
    You can replace your current Verizon Wireless number with a number associated to your landline or other wireless service.
    So I really don't understand why that line is in the FAQ. Am I missing something?

Edit: I ported in one number from Page Plus. I also added a second line to my account (for a buddy so we could get family plan discount rate) and after adding the 2nd line (3 weeks later) I ported in his number from Boom! mobile from within My Verizon.
    Last edited by taoman; 05-30-2019 at 12:56 PM.

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I was in my local Walmart this afternoon & there was a sign for the double data promo. So it looks like the original report that the promo was only available at Vidapay dealers & Verizon's website is not actually correct. So anyone who wants the promo should be able to get it by purchasing the $10 SIM Kit & refill card at Walmart.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Dust N Bones; 05-31-2019 at 04:20 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman View Post
    Cheaper to get the double data SIM card off eBay. It worked well for me. Link below is just one example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Verizon-Wir...0AAOSwmAlc5Mnv
    Thanks for the eBay lead! We got the $40 3GB + 3GB plan for son. Account shows just the 3GB from sign up 2 days ago. Do you or anyone else here know how/if/when the bonus 3GB will show up? I can’t find anything in their FAQ’s.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gameon123 View Post
    Thanks for the eBay lead! We got the $40 3GB + 3GB plan for son. Account shows just the 3GB from sign up 2 days ago. Do you or anyone else here know how/if/when the bonus 3GB will show up? I can’t find anything in their FAQ’s.
    Where exactly are you looking? On the phone or on the web?

You need to look at the amount of data remaining. Or on the web you can go to View Balance Details and highlight Credits. You should see that the double data promo was added.

The plan itself will always read and remain at 3 GB..........because it's a 3 GB plan. It just happens to also have a 3 GB double data "lifetime" promo. But it's still a 3 GB plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman View Post
    Where exactly are you looking? On the phone or on the web?

You need to look at the amount of data remaining. Or on the web you can go to View Balance Details and highlight Credits. You should see that the double data promo was added.

The plan itself will always read and remain at 3 GB..........because it's a 3 GB plan. It just happens to also have a 3 GB double data "lifetime" promo. But it's still a 3 GB plan.
    Thanks @taoman. I was checking on website and it's even simpler than that. Just had to scroll down on main account page and see data balance 5.7/5.7 (hmm not a full 6GB?). and then click "view data details". Good to go now

Device(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Carrier(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    I was in my local Walmart this afternoon & there was a sign for the double data promo. So it looks like the original report that the promo was only available at Vidapay dealers & Verizon's website is not actually correct. So anyone who wants the promo should be able to get it by purchasing the $10 SIM Kit & refill card at Walmart.
    Same displays at my local Wal-Mart. The only sim card I see is the $10 BYOP kit. They were sold out of Verizon branded phones though.

Name:  0612191509_HDR.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  81.0 KB
    LG V20 (Verizon)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtley View Post
    Same displays at my local Wal-Mart. The only sim card I see is the $10 BYOP kit. They were sold out of Verizon branded phones though.
    Yeah the $10 SIM kit was the SIM I was referring too. I'm probably going to port my number this weekend from AT&T prepaid to Verizon prepaid for the double data.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I purchased the $10 SIM kit and $50 refill card at Walmart today & I'm going to activate it tomorrow morning. What will I need to port my number from AT&T prepaid? Just my account number & account PIN?

Feedback Score
    I purchased the $10 SIM kit and $50 refill card at Walmart today & I'm going to activate it tomorrow morning. What will I need to port my number from AT&T prepaid? Just my account number & account PIN?
    Yes for the account number you have to call in to get it and the account pin is the 4 digits you set up for the account.

Device(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Carrier(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Let us know if you get the double data promo.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Let us know if you get the double data promo.
    I just finished setting everything up including my online account & auto pay and the double data is not showing in my account. I already had to contact them twice by the online chat this morning. Once because the port was stuck & then because I couldn't create an online account. So I'm going to contact them again now to have them look into why the double data isn't showing up.

Device(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Carrier(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I just finished setting everything up including my online account & auto pay and the double data is not showing in my account. I already had to contact them twice by the online chat this morning. Once because the port was stuck & then because I couldn't create an online account. So I'm going to contact them again now to have them look into why the double data isn't showing up.
    Yea, the double data should have shown up when you log on to My Verizon. Unless Wal-Mart a employee has to do the activation. 😮

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yea, the double data should have shown up when you log on to My Verizon. Unless Wal-Mart a employee has to do the activation. ��

Keep us posted on how it goes.
    I didn't get a chance to contact support yet through chat because I'm not home but about 20 minutes ago I got a text saying "Congrats! We've added 8GB bonus data to your account. It's still not showing in my online account though. I'm not going to worry about it right now, if it doesn't show up by later next week I'll contact them again.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast