Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Double Data Promo For All New Lines

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score

Double Data Promo For All New Lines

Has anyone spotted this yet? I thought this just came out for specific dealers? Not too exciting for those who managed to get the 15GB deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It looks like it's available on Verizon's website & local Vidapay dealers.

https://bestmvno.com/verizon-wireles...r-double-data/

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone tried to order a SIM on Verizon's website to get this promo either now or from a past double data promo? When I add the SIM & $50 plan to my cart the website then requires I enter my current carrier account number & PIN for the port information. I'm not looking to port anything until I receive the SIM card which will likely take a few days for them to ship it to me. Why do they want the information now? That makes me nervous because I don't want them to start the port until I'm ready to do so.

Can I go to a Verizon store & just ask for a prepaid SIM & then come home & activate it on the website for the double data promo?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    Has anyone tried to order a SIM on Verizon's website to get this promo either now or from a past double data promo? When I add the SIM & $50 plan to my cart the website then requires I enter my current carrier account number & PIN for the port information. I'm not looking to port anything until I receive the SIM card which will likely take a few days for them to ship it to me. Why do they want the information now? That makes me nervous because I don't want them to start the port until I'm ready to do so.

Can I go to a Verizon store & just ask for a prepaid SIM & then come home & activate it on the website for the double data promo?
    I’m glad you pointed this out because when I tried to test buying a SIM card when I went to select the plans it didn’t show the double data plans tho unless it will show up at the very end but it got me confused when it wasn’t showing while checking out

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Cheaper to get the double data SIM card off eBay. It worked well for me. Link below is just one example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Verizon-Wir...0AAOSwmAlc5Mnv

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman View Post
    Cheaper to get the double data SIM card off eBay. It worked well for me. Link below is just one example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Verizon-Wir...0AAOSwmAlc5Mnv
    My only concern with that is if they mess up the port then I lose my number. I'd much rather be in control of the port myself & do that work than submit the information to someone in another state.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So earlier today I called 6 different corporate Verizon stores that were closest to my house & the answers were almost evenly split. Three of them said they could not just give me a SIM & that the SIM card has to be ordered on Verizon's website. Two stores said they could give a SIM to take home & activate & I would get double data that way and one store said they could do the activation right there in store for the double data promo. Not sure who to believe.

Feedback Score
    So earlier today I called 6 different corporate Verizon stores that were closest to my house & the answers were almost evenly split. Three of them said they could not just give me a SIM & that the SIM card has to be ordered on Verizon's website. Two stores said they could give a SIM to take home & activate & I would get double data that way and one store said they could do the activation right there in store for the double data promo. Not sure who to believe.
    That doesn’t make sense why they say they can’t provide a SIM card and have to order online when they sell the prepaid plans in their store

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus Product Red
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I did this 3 weeks ago at a corporate store except mine was 8+7: one store said they could do the activation right there in store for the double data promo
    Personal Highest on LTE - US RT 1 and MD-152

Home internet - Verizon Fios 150/150 (Upgraded to Gigabit Jan. 26 2019)

Fios Gigabit:

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    My only concern with that is if they mess up the port then I lose my number. I'd much rather be in control of the port myself & do that work than submit the information to someone in another state.
    A valid concern so do the port yourself online in My Verizon after you get a double data line activated. You can port your number in at any time at no charge. And it's quite simple to do (assuming the number is on another carrier). Worked fine for me. Line was ported in less than a day.

Feedback Score
    A valid concern so do the port yourself online in My Verizon after you get a double data line activated. You can port your number in at any time at no charge. And it's quite simple to do (assuming the number is on another carrier). Worked fine for me. Line was ported in less than a day.
    What if you want to port form postpaid to prepaid?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So just to clarify you're saying I should set it up as a new phone number then a few days later I can port my old number to that account to replace the new phone number I was given when I activated it? Wouldn't that require a new SIM card?

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    So just to clarify you're saying I should set it up as a new phone number then a few days later I can port my old number to that account to replace the new phone number I was given when I activated it? Wouldn't that require a new SIM card?
    Once the line is activated you can initiate the port in My Verizon. All you need is the original double data SIM card when the line was activated. You don't need a new SIM card and you don't need to wait a few days if the new line/number has already been activated.

Get a new mobile number.

There's no charge for this service when you use My Verizon.
    You'll be able to pick an area code and prefix anywhere Verizon Wireless provides service (so pretty much everywhere).
    You may need to set up a new voicemail account, which means you would lose your saved messages.
    The new number will take effect immediately, although in some cases it can take up to two hours.

You can replace your current Verizon Wireless number with a number associated to your landline or other wireless service.
    https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...tability-faqs/

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    What if you want to port form postpaid to prepaid?
    You would need to have Verizon do the "transfer" (not a port) of the number to prepaid. Can't be done in My Verizon.

Feedback Score
    You would need to have Verizon do the "transfer" (not a port) of the number to prepaid. Can't be done in My Verizon.
    The situation is to get my son off our plan( postpaid ) to the 16 GB prepaid but he's 50 miles away. So should he sign up under prepaid first with a new number then transfer his old number to his prepaid account?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast