Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 54

Thread: Double Data Promo For All New Lines

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,223
    Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    0

    Double Data Promo For All New Lines

    Has anyone spotted this yet? I thought this just came out for specific dealers? Not too exciting for those who managed to get the 15GB deal.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,943
    Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    It looks like it's available on Verizon's website & local Vidapay dealers.

    https://bestmvno.com/verizon-wireles...r-double-data/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,943
    Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Has anyone tried to order a SIM on Verizon's website to get this promo either now or from a past double data promo? When I add the SIM & $50 plan to my cart the website then requires I enter my current carrier account number & PIN for the port information. I'm not looking to port anything until I receive the SIM card which will likely take a few days for them to ship it to me. Why do they want the information now? That makes me nervous because I don't want them to start the port until I'm ready to do so.

    Can I go to a Verizon store & just ask for a prepaid SIM & then come home & activate it on the website for the double data promo?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    Has anyone tried to order a SIM on Verizon's website to get this promo either now or from a past double data promo? When I add the SIM & $50 plan to my cart the website then requires I enter my current carrier account number & PIN for the port information. I'm not looking to port anything until I receive the SIM card which will likely take a few days for them to ship it to me. Why do they want the information now? That makes me nervous because I don't want them to start the port until I'm ready to do so.

    Can I go to a Verizon store & just ask for a prepaid SIM & then come home & activate it on the website for the double data promo?
    I’m glad you pointed this out because when I tried to test buying a SIM card when I went to select the plans it didn’t show the double data plans tho unless it will show up at the very end but it got me confused when it wasn’t showing while checking out

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    2,262
    Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Cheaper to get the double data SIM card off eBay. It worked well for me. Link below is just one example:

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Verizon-Wir...0AAOSwmAlc5Mnv

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,943
    Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman View Post
    Cheaper to get the double data SIM card off eBay. It worked well for me. Link below is just one example:

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Verizon-Wir...0AAOSwmAlc5Mnv
    My only concern with that is if they mess up the port then I lose my number. I'd much rather be in control of the port myself & do that work than submit the information to someone in another state.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,943
    Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    Can I go to a Verizon store & just ask for a prepaid SIM & then come home & activate it on the website for the double data promo?
    So earlier today I called 6 different corporate Verizon stores that were closest to my house & the answers were almost evenly split. Three of them said they could not just give me a SIM & that the SIM card has to be ordered on Verizon's website. Two stores said they could give a SIM to take home & activate & I would get double data that way and one store said they could do the activation right there in store for the double data promo. Not sure who to believe.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    So earlier today I called 6 different corporate Verizon stores that were closest to my house & the answers were almost evenly split. Three of them said they could not just give me a SIM & that the SIM card has to be ordered on Verizon's website. Two stores said they could give a SIM to take home & activate & I would get double data that way and one store said they could do the activation right there in store for the double data promo. Not sure who to believe.
    That doesn’t make sense why they say they can’t provide a SIM card and have to order online when they sell the prepaid plans in their store

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    187
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus Product Red
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    So earlier today I called 6 different corporate Verizon stores that were closest to my house & the answers were almost evenly split. Three of them said they could not just give me a SIM & that the SIM card has to be ordered on Verizon's website. Two stores said they could give a SIM to take home & activate & I would get double data that way and one store said they could do the activation right there in store for the double data promo. Not sure who to believe.
    I did this 3 weeks ago at a corporate store except mine was 8+7: one store said they could do the activation right there in store for the double data promo
    Personal Highest on LTE - US RT 1 and MD-152

    Home internet - Verizon Fios 150/150 (Upgraded to Gigabit Jan. 26 2019)


    Fios Gigabit:

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    2,262
    Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    My only concern with that is if they mess up the port then I lose my number. I'd much rather be in control of the port myself & do that work than submit the information to someone in another state.
    A valid concern so do the port yourself online in My Verizon after you get a double data line activated. You can port your number in at any time at no charge. And it's quite simple to do (assuming the number is on another carrier). Worked fine for me. Line was ported in less than a day.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,385
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman View Post
    A valid concern so do the port yourself online in My Verizon after you get a double data line activated. You can port your number in at any time at no charge. And it's quite simple to do (assuming the number is on another carrier). Worked fine for me. Line was ported in less than a day.
    What if you want to port form postpaid to prepaid?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,943
    Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman View Post
    A valid concern so do the port yourself online in My Verizon after you get a double data line activated. You can port your number in at any time at no charge. And it's quite simple to do (assuming the number is on another carrier). Worked fine for me. Line was ported in less than a day.
    So just to clarify you're saying I should set it up as a new phone number then a few days later I can port my old number to that account to replace the new phone number I was given when I activated it? Wouldn't that require a new SIM card?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    2,262
    Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    So just to clarify you're saying I should set it up as a new phone number then a few days later I can port my old number to that account to replace the new phone number I was given when I activated it? Wouldn't that require a new SIM card?
    Once the line is activated you can initiate the port in My Verizon. All you need is the original double data SIM card when the line was activated. You don't need a new SIM card and you don't need to wait a few days if the new line/number has already been activated.

    Get a new mobile number.

    There's no charge for this service when you use My Verizon.
    You'll be able to pick an area code and prefix anywhere Verizon Wireless provides service (so pretty much everywhere).
    You may need to set up a new voicemail account, which means you would lose your saved messages.
    The new number will take effect immediately, although in some cases it can take up to two hours.

    You can replace your current Verizon Wireless number with a number associated to your landline or other wireless service.
    https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...tability-faqs/

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    2,262
    Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    What if you want to port form postpaid to prepaid?
    You would need to have Verizon do the "transfer" (not a port) of the number to prepaid. Can't be done in My Verizon.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,385
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman View Post
    You would need to have Verizon do the "transfer" (not a port) of the number to prepaid. Can't be done in My Verizon.
    The situation is to get my son off our plan( postpaid ) to the 16 GB prepaid but he's 50 miles away. So should he sign up under prepaid first with a new number then transfer his old number to his prepaid account?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Double Data Promo for FiOS customers?
    By BigDogg795 in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-06-2016, 07:02 AM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-21-2014, 01:06 AM
  3. Double data promo on one line?
    By paultwang in forum AT&T
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-15-2014, 11:57 AM
  4. BB Double data promo for Rogers Employees
    By TDUBBER in forum Rogers/Fido/Chat-r
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-17-2007, 10:33 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-19-2004, 01:17 PM

Bookmarks