Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nearly time to re-up

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You should still be able to achieve your desired end result. It`s just that adding airtime is simpler and less risky than transferring your service to a BYOP SIM so as to get the bundled airtime added. There may be unanticipated consequences that involve further action on your part.

Report what you receive and get our suggestions on exactly how best to proceed. There is also Tracfones normal disclaimer that they do not refund airtime. There is an inharent risk in all things Tracfone.

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ultrarunner2015 View Post
    Ah hah! Clicked the link again, and this time it worked! Weird.
    Thanks

So I placed the order. Specified for Verizon, since that is what I use.
    When I receive the card, all I need to do is go to TracFone and activate it? From what I have read, I shouldn't need the included SIM card, since CDMA doesn't need it.
    I assume that since everything else TF accumulates, rather than expires, I could activate the card the day I receive it, and my service would be extended for 365 days from the date it is currently due to expire, and all minutes would be added to my account.
    Otherwise, I can always get into a chat session to activate the card.
    I specified Verizon as my carrier and got one sim and the air time card.. Logged into my account on tracfone.com and added it to my account using the scratch off pin on the card.. Took less then a minute and no hassle at all.. Based on the threads here and on slickdeals.net you have a 50/50 chance of it working that way..

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    transferring your service to a BYOP SIM so as to get the bundled airtime added.
    Except for trying to use a TF device's IMEI to register a BYOP SIM.

That could be tricky /take CSR shopping. And even if you succeed, it might not process the bundled airtime. Might even depend on how the CSR forces the SIM change through.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You're correct, he is using the same IMEI to go from a TF branded phone SIM to a BYOP SIM on the same Tracfone. He might have to claim the original SIM was somehow damaged and he purchased the BYOP SIM+airtime as a replacement. He has had communications with Tracfone on the eBay deal, which he can claim was to see if this would work and they said yes. Still, a competent CSR would be advantageous.

Carrier(s)
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Whatever happens, I think I am going to use TF online chat instead of the automated system. That way, if there are any problems, I will have a written record of what happened.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2