Thread: Ios 12.3.1 with VoLTE fix

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Ios 12.3.1 with VoLTE fix

I have an Iphone 6S and had multiple issues with connecting via VoLTE to connect to callers. I got garbled calls as well as calls which would not even initiate even after trying multiple times without a reboot. I updated the ios with 12.3.1 and am hopeful this will fix the issue. So far, I made calls and they seem to be working fine so far without issues like before. I wasn’t sure when the problem first started but I noticed it when I used the phone to make a call to a VOIP number where I called the number and it wouldn’t connect even though the phone showed it had. I tried dozens of times and had to reboot the phone for it to work again. Another workaround would have been to deactivate VoLTE but apparently that is being deactivated eventually and there are other reasons to use VoLTE as well. Hopeful this fix will take care of this issue once and for all. I wasn’t sure if it was a Verizon or Iphone issue at first thinking it was Verizon initially.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    My son has an iPhone 6s Plus and VoLTE was not active either, toggle was not even there in the menu. I'll check it this weekend.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    My son has an iPhone 6s Plus and VoLTE was not active either, toggle was not even there in the menu. I'll check it this weekend.
    I always had the ability to make VoLTE calls but there were problems with them. If toggle wasn’t in the iphone, then I am assuming this was not initially a Verizon Wireless postpaid Iphone and may need to be reset or reprogrammed and/or require a new sim card. This bug is not related to adding VoLTE ability but rather fixing issues for those who were using it already.

In my case, when calls were made over VoLTE many wouldn't complete a correct connection when I made a call and I had to either remove VoLTE or hard reset the phone as a workaround. I saw the update and immediately updated as it was a serious issue I was experiencing but I presumed incorrectly it could have been Verizon Wireless’s issue with their packet switched routing. Instead, the issue appeared to be limited to ios devices and was software and Apple issued the fix. I was also experiencing issues with VoIP calls over my ipad, which were not specifically VoLTE and I seem to be better on that as well though I haven’t tested it enough yet.