Thread: Do I still have triple minutes or not???

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Do I still have triple minutes or not???

I recently participated in the great upgrade, upgrading from a Galaxy Core Prime to a Galaxy J7 Crown, and transferred my phone number to the new phone yesterday. It occurred to me I might not have triple minutes so I tried Live Chat but could not get it to work (there are 2 threads here that address that issue and thanks to one I was able to get it to work eventually), so I called Tracfone. I could not get the rep to understand what I was asking but he kept saying I would not have triple minutes with a smart phone, but I noticed the website said, if you have a plan no triple minutes. I did not believe him.

So today with these forums' help I got Live Chat working and the guy I chatted with said, yes I have triple minutes. I emailed the chat to me so I have a record of him saying this. But do I?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    What you are being offered will show up on the airtime plans page of the website. You need to put in your phone number first. If you are offered Basic plans they will show as tripled.

Device(s)
    LG G6, Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Verizon), Red Pocket (ATT)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibamarie View Post
    I recently participated in the great upgrade, upgrading from a Galaxy Core Prime to a Galaxy J7 Crown, and transferred my phone number to the new phone yesterday. It occurred to me I might not have triple minutes so I tried Live Chat but could not get it to work (there are 2 threads here that address that issue and thanks to one I was able to get it to work eventually), so I called Tracfone. I could not get the rep to understand what I was asking but he kept saying I would not have triple minutes with a smart phone, but I noticed the website said, if you have a plan no triple minutes. I did not believe him.

So today with these forums' help I got Live Chat working and the guy I chatted with said, yes I have triple minutes. I emailed the chat to me so I have a record of him saying this. But do I?
    As loboheeler said, log into the tracfone website and see which refill cards are available for your number. I just recently purchased the one year $50 card from ebay, added it to my phone and now can't see the TMFL refill cards. Up until I added the card, I could see the TMFL refill cards.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Willow16 View Post
    I just recently purchased the one year $50 card from ebay, added it to my phone and now can't see the TMFL refill cards. Up until I added the card, I could see the TMFL refill cards.
    That kind of goes against what Melman claimed in THIS THREAD that once your phone has TMFL then you'll have it for life even when you transfer to another phone/SIM.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    All my phones get offered triple minutes plans now. Even the ones that don't have a triple minute SIM.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I just recently purchased the one year $50 card from ebay, added it to my phone and now can't see the TMFL refill cards. Up until I added the card, I could see the TMFL refill cards.
    Was the one year card bought on the Tracfone eBay store, or somewhere else? I don't see it in the Tracfone store. Did it add the one year?

Device(s)
    LG G6, Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Was the one year card bought on the Tracfone eBay store, or somewhere else? I don't see it in the Tracfone store. Did it add the one year?
    The card was bought from the ebay store and it did add a year of service. I knew that I would probably lose the TMFL but, with my usage, that was fine.

Device(s)
    LG G6, Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    That kind of goes against what Melman claimed in THIS THREAD that once your phone has TMFL then you'll have it for life even when you transfer to another phone/SIM.
    All I can say is that once I added the ebay $50 plan, I can no longer see the TMFL cards when I log into Tracfone. I did not switch to the sim that came with the card - I just added the pin to my existing sim. That might make a difference.

Device(s)
    LG G6, Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    After reading the thread, it looks like they are talking about switching service to a new phone. I didn't do that - I added a card to my account that wasn't eligible for triple minutes and that is what seems to have ended TMFL for me.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I added a card to my account that wasn't eligible for triple minutes and that is what seems to have ended TMFL for me.
    That really doesn't make sense, but then it's typical Tracfone. Adding a PIN shouldn't change/lose your TMFL benefit.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635, Moto G 2nd
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone x3, PPCx2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX3, H20, Tello
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    That really doesn't make sense, but then it's typical Tracfone. Adding a PIN shouldn't change/lose your TMFL benefit.
    I'm on the fence here. Not sure I want to lose TMFL for this. I already lost access to the 1-year add-on in all my lines. ugh!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jairzinho View Post
    I'm on the fence here. Not sure I want to lose TMFL for this. I already lost access to the 1-year add-on in all my lines. ugh!
    I don't see how that could happen, either, but who knows what TF does/can do!?

The 2 lines I want to add the $49.99 1200/1200/3GB eBay plan to, assuming I receive actual PIN cards, are on iPhone SE phones purchased from TF that came with bundled airtime, ARE currently being offered triple minute refills and the $49.99 1 year airtime add-on, and I'd hate to lose that by adding the $49.99 1200/1200/3GB eBay plan!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I upgraded my phone twice, all TF branded phones.
    The original had TMFL and the subsequent ones get the triple feature depending upon the day.
    That is, it varies from day-to-day on whether I get the basic cards 3x offer.

So, for those who lost it, it may come back.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLC View Post
    I upgraded my phone twice, all TF branded phones.
    The original had TMFL and the subsequent ones get the triple feature depending upon the day.
    That is, it varies from day-to-day on whether I get the basic cards 3x offer.

So, for those who lost it, it may come back.
    I have the same experience on a BYOP phone. That was a transfer from a TF branded TMFL phone back in July. .
    Was always iffy whether the Basic cards were offered on the website and on the phone app.
    Sometimes one and not the other. Sometimes both. Sometimes neither.
    For a while the Basic cards have been always showing up on the Website. The phone app is still variable.
    If I see the Basic cards they show as tripled.