Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile Tuesdays has turned into...

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

T-Mobile Tuesdays has turned into...

...nothing more than various entities using T-Mobile's presence among their customers to get those customers to "sign up" with the other entities.

No, I'm not going to sign up for Dunkin Donuts app. Or the Entertainment book. Or anything else.

Remember when they just gave free ****? Yeah, me too. Now T-Mo Tuesdays is just a marketing platform that they're selling/renting to third parties.

If I have to sign up to get free stuff, it isn't free stuff.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Just wait IF IF IF the merger goes through all T-Mobile new plans will be for more $$$ & less product.
    As a USA citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a racist, godless, immoral, hypersensitive, crass, narcissist liar, psychopath committing High Treason against the USA.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 06.03.19

Device(s)
    Nokia 6010
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Just to use the Dunkin Donuts example in the T-Mobile Tuesday app, mine works like this.....
    1 tap Dunkin screen on front page
    2 tap " Save" or; "Redeem"
    3 show barcode at register, get free latte. And the coupon is good for a week, not only next day.

Now, I will say the Taco Bell thing is more convoluted as that is for a mobile order only and you have to create an account, order online then go to store. Can't do what you can do with the Dunkin coupon. Same with movie tickets or the concert coupons. I actually did better on Ticketmaster direct getting my daughter Ariana Grande tickets which ironically enough she's rescheduled her Tampa and Orlando Florida shows just today to November. SMH. Or, LOL depending how you read this.... .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If you have to install an app, I pass. Setting up a web-based account (e.g. Fuel Rewards), it sort of depends on the value I feel I'll get from it.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    LG G6, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post

No, I'm not going to sign up for Dunkin Donuts app. Or the Entertainment book. Or anything else.

Remember when they just gave free ****? Yeah, me too. Now T-Mo Tuesdays is just a marketing platform that they're selling/renting to third parties.

I've redeemed numerous Dunkin offers with no sign up. I had Pandora (free version) and took advantage of the 1 year premium offer at no cost. I think I've gotten 2 umbrellas and just recently a spatula for the grill.

All in all, not to bad for free and no sign ups.

Just pick and choose what works for you.

Sent from my LG G6 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    ...nothing more than various entities using T-Mobile's presence among their customers to get those customers to "sign up" with the other entities.

I would argue it's no different today than when it started.

TMT has always been a marriage of free stuff from various "partners" (web retailers and restaurants) and T-Mo (promo items like umbrellas, bags, clothes, etc.)

What's different now? Except you might think the value of the stuff is a little lousier vs when it started, but as others have pointed out, no app is required for most of the stuff (like Dunkin).

It's all about value vs convenience. I don't do the tacos because the inconveniences of setting up an acct and plowing thru a convoluted UI on my phone to score a lousy free taco online isn't worth the $0.99 the taco is worth.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    What a surprise to no one, that T-Mobile is using marketing just like every other company in rewards. I got the free one share of T-Mobile stock the first week they had T-Mobile Tuesday that I sold for about $60. The only other thing I got from T-Mobile Tuesday is the Free Pandora account that still works today and that cost T-Mobile something every month. No one is forcing you to use T-Mobile Tuesday. Sure beats Coke Cola marketing that people purchased their logo printed on stuff like T-Shirts which was the ultimate stupidity of people paying Coke Cola to advertise their product on their bodies. T-Mobile Tuesdays isn't the Government US Welfare or food stamps program. If you expect them to give you free stuff that cost them more than what you pay a month for service, then you probably will vote for Bernie Sanders.

A friend of mine that was rich and very generous to children groups told me if you stand on a conner and hand out a $10 bill to everyone that passes by that some of them would complain they should get more money than $10.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    When it started JL touted it as real free stuff. Now there are too many strings attached to too many offers. Some are good, like the DD free coffee, altho it does usually end in my buying something. I'd much rather have 25¢ off Shell once a month that 10¢ off every week. It's just the way I buy gas. What I really want is free pizza. Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    What a surprise to no one, that T-Mobile is using marketing just like every other company in rewards. I got the free one share of T-Mobile stock the first week they had T-Mobile Tuesday that I sold for about $60. The only other thing I got from T-Mobile Tuesday is the Free Pandora account that still works today and that cost T-Mobile something every month. No one is forcing you to use T-Mobile Tuesday. Sure beats Coke Cola marketing that people purchased their logo printed on stuff like T-Shirts which was the ultimate stupidity of people paying Coke Cola to advertise their product on their bodies. T-Mobile Tuesdays isn't the Government US Welfare or food stamps program. If you expect them to give you free stuff that cost them more than what you pay a month for service, then you probably will vote for Bernie Sanders.

A friend of mine that was rich and very generous to children groups told me if you stand on a conner and hand out a $10 bill to everyone that passes by that some of them would complain they should get more money than $10.
    It's always amusing to hear people complain about something that is free. It's sort of the ultimate "Sour Grapes" from Aesop's Fables. I have a relative like that. If you take him out to dinner, your treat, he will order off the menu combining two entrées, then take the leftovers home "For Later" and complain that he didn't really like the food that much. I used to pay $11 for Netflix and $5 for Pandora per month. I now pay $2 for both of them thanks to T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Its cheap swag, and T-Mobile pretty much gets some benefits from these companies.
    If you get some benefits from it... good for you. Atom movies for $4 isn't bad (movie companies want to entice you to use their app).
    Similarly - cheap tacos/coffee/pizza
    So far, I have the tumbler (not as good as Daily Wire's), and umbrella. I missed on the BBQ gear. Most swag may not be worth it for many...
    Free coffee/donut and $0.10/gallon isn't bad.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    It's always amusing to hear people complain about something that is free. It's sort of the ultimate "Sour Grapes" from Aesop's Fables. ......
    Except in this fable the fox is enticing the pigeon by telling her how wonderful the grapes are and how they're completely free, not just discounts on overpriced stuff like those other carriers offer. Then it turns out the grapes are not only not free, they're also sour. Shame on the fox for misrepresenting the grapes. Shame of us pigeons for believing him.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I thought the fox couldn't get to the grapes and reasoned that "They Were Probably Sour Anyway"? There must be more than one version.

I've got a few umbrellas, gloves, beach towels, knit caps, aprons, spatulas, sunglasses, etc. No donuts, tacos, gas or coffee for me though.

As previously mentioned, my current monthly expenses are $14 lower thanks to TM. Thank you John!

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    I thought the fox couldn't get to the grapes and reasoned that "They Were Probably Sour Anyway"? There must be more than one version.

I've got a few umbrellas, gloves, beach towels, knit caps, aprons, spatulas, sunglasses, etc. No donuts, tacos, gas or coffee for me though.

As previously mentioned, my current monthly expenses are $14 lower thanks to TM. Thank you John!
    That's pretty much how I see it. Just another business stream for T-Mobile and its business partners, disguised as 'free stuff, exclusively for T-Mobile'. Similarly, my T-Mobile bill is much less than it would be if I was still on AT&T, even if you don't add in the 'fees' on AT&T's bill afterwards.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    When it started JL touted it as real free stuff. Now there are too many strings attached to too many offers. Some are good, like the DD free coffee, altho it does usually end in my buying something. I'd much rather have 25¢ off Shell once a month that 10¢ off every week. It's just the way I buy gas. What I really want is free pizza. Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!
    Watch out there pal, you might run afoul of some Little Caesars.

I agree, it was a cool thing when it first launched but the last few times I checked it before dumping Tmo it was sign up this, app this, some % off an online company I would never shop with. I did score a beanie I think and the backpack they used is great for my electronics gear on day trips. I still use it!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    Watch out there pal, you might run afoul of some Little Caesars.

I agree, it was a cool thing when it first launched but the last few times I checked it before dumping Tmo it was sign up this, app this, some % off an online company I would never shop with. I did score a beanie I think and the backpack they used is great for my electronics gear on day trips. I still use it!
    This is exactly what I was talking about, and then of course the Rules of the Internet were invoked by people wanting nothing more than to dispute it via ad hominem attacks.

T-Mobile Tuesdays started out with some value, and now it has no value to me whatsoever. I guess all the money must reside with stupid people who respond to signing up for stuff without giving it a second thought.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast