Thread: Quick Charge

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Quick Charge

Was wondering about user experience with Qualcomm Quick Charge. It came on my Moto G5 Plus with TurboPower (Version 2.0) and it also comes on the Moto G6 (Version 3.0?).

Initial use did not seem to charge that much faster than conventional USB 5V.
    Went back to 1A USB and got about 6 days use.
    Put TurboCharge back on with about the same result.
    Twice saw a significant drop after a full charge. This was overnight in Airplane mode. 4-5 days use time.
    Went back to 1A USB charging. After a couple of charges the use time is now 7-8 days.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Never heard such reports.

Given the way it's supposed to work it shouldn't happen.

#1 are you sure you have a compatible supply? I don't recall my wife's G5+ coming with a quick charge supply, just a white 2A supply. All the 15W QC3 supplies I've seen from Motorola are black, labeled Turbo, and the 9V and 12V output listed.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    My Moto G5 Plus came with the Turbo.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    #1 are you sure you have a compatible supply? I don't recall my wife's G5+ coming with a quick charge supply, just a white 2A supply. All the 15W QC3 supplies I've seen from Motorola are black, labeled Turbo, and the 9V and 12V output listed.
    Yup, a genuine Moto TurboPower charge supply. 5V, 9V, 12V. If I had more time, the outputs could be checked with my USB current meter to see when/if the stepping occurs.

I believe Moto G models are QC2. The latest device list from Qualcomm lists the G models as "Moto G Turbo Edition", which may mean some don't have Turbo. None listed as being QC3.
    https://www.qualcomm.com/media/docum...evice-list.pdf
    Last edited by loboheeler; 05-28-2019 at 09:23 PM.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    mine come with the Turbo charger Model SC-22 color - Black - says Turbo Power on one side. Moto G5 s plus XT1806 factory unlocked.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Yup, a genuine Moto TurboPower charge supply. 5V, 9V, 12V.
    Motorola used TurboPower for branding but it Qualcom QC internally.

I was gong from memory abd the 625 CPU supports QC3, after looking further appears Motorola only enabled QC2.

Interesting that they weren't all shipped with the same supply. (Factory sealed, unlocked from Amazon bought in mid 2017, Retail not Amazon special version)

I never looked much though as it's not super helpful. Quick boost from nearly empty, but takes about the sane time fir full charge. Never reslly needed a quick boost like that.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I don't trust Amazon. I don't buy anything there except as a last resort.

They probably ordered the shipment of phones with bucks knocked off however they could.

Device(s)
    Huawei P20 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Even on Amazon reviews are not good. Qualcomm prouds itself as a reliable manufacturer and declares that the charger includes Battery Saver technology, so your device will be safe and battery life wouldn't be affected. I am still not sure and don't want to check it on my phone.
    Best and worst brands, reviews from real customers - https://www.pissedconsumer.com/

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    I don't trust Amazon. I don't buy anything there except as a last resort.
    Good grief. Go ahead and wait weeks and pay large markups.

What about eBay sellers, Walmart, K-Mart, HSN, QVC, etc? They are all looking for lower costs/higher profits.

It's the same item sold anywhere else. Nothing to differentiate from any other.

That's entirely different than the Amazon special versions that are sold cheaper.