Thread: NET10 won't forward voicemail to Google voice

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

NET10 won't forward voicemail to Google voice

Anybody have a solution?

I've been on net10 for less than a month. Initially it was working a week ago where all my voicemails were managed thru google voice, now all my voicemails go to the default net10 carrier voicemail system.

I am using a net10 att variant sim on an iphone ios 12.2.

Whenever i put in the code now for forwarding **004*XXXXXXXXXXX#, it fails.

net10 is claiming that they no longer support this feature. Several people have mentioned this issue in the net10forum website.

I've used straight talk which is also a tracfone company and never had this issue, in addition i used mint mobile for a few months and had no issues.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by h0va4life View Post
    net10 is claiming that they no longer support this feature. Several people have mentioned this issue in the net10forum website.
    It's possible that AT&T is not supporting it for MVNOs now. It's possible that AT&T is blocking/not allowing TF companies now.

Just because it worked in the past doesn't mean it will work today.

I don't think TF had ever officially supported it. It just worked, but TF CSRs wouldn't / couldn't help if it didn't.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks for providing a THEORY and one that is no brainer at that. Plus they would have to provide me the same service or compensate me for the remainder of the billing period if they did actually make a change. BTW i looked over the user agreement previously and it didn't mention anything regarding call forwarding. The point of the post is to find either a work around solution or to find others in similar situations.

As i mentioned, I saw other folks post about it in the net10forums, but net10 filters out a lot of the posts/comments, so I wanted to try another place to discuss this.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    This was also discussed previously at https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...all-forwarding and also in at least one earlier thread that I can't seem to find.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thank you, although I see that is in the generic mvno, I will track that thread as well. This issue is really crazy!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thank you, although I see that is in the generic mvno, I will track that thread as well. This issue is really crazy!
    I actually just found the earlier thread I was looking for at https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...being-on-Red-P

See if there's any useful info there that will help.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    There are threads on AT&T's forum about it not working with unlocked devices.
    (forums.att.com)

I think it's likely non-AT&T branded, which would include MVNO devices. I don't think anyone with a TF/NT/ST branded AT&T smart phone has posted one way or the other.

Same error reported there.

Even problems with high end phones (GS8) on AT&T prepaid that worked fine on postpaid.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    try the tips here - https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...h-AT-amp-T-SIM

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    I used the method in post #12.

When you get a new SIM, you have to program it to do the conditional call forwarding. It is associated with that particular SIM. The previous SIM is irrelevant.

But you need a phone that will allow the codes to be placed. I had to move the sim to another phone for programming.

Even now, my unbranded Moto G5 Plus will allow the coding but the unbranded G6 Play will not.

My Galaxy S3 (T-Mobile) allowed it but the Galaxy S5 (T-Mobile) did not.

Once you manage to get the SIM programmed, you can put the SIM into another phone and it will work. Even though the recipient phone will refuse to display the settings when asked to do so. The forwarding happens at a higher level.

So it is a crapshoot.

Sorry if this doesn't answer your question to a T.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I think I need to find a new SIM. I think my issue started after Net10 last week sent an update to my sim due to my complaints regarding reception.

BTW my CCF was working previously on my verizon branded iphone 7plus (verizon phones come unlocked) using the att variant sim on net10.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I think I need to find a new SIM. I think my issue started after Net10 last week sent an update to my sim due to my complaints regarding reception.

BTW my CCF was working previously on my verizon branded iphone 7plus (verizon phones come unlocked) using the att variant sim on net10.
    Did you read through the thread at the link ( https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...being-on-Red-P ) I posted above?

To summarize, the phone dialer should have CCF options for Busy, Unanswered, and Unreachable. Can you put your GV # in for those and let us know what happens? Make sure you enter +1 with your GV #, as in +11231231234.

CCF definitely works differently on the Vzw network, and usually without issue. The reports I've read about CCF issues while trying to use GV VM are with AT&T MVNOs.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I think I need to find a new SIM.
    Might help. Trying the SIM in another device might help.

But sadly NT (and TF in general) doesn't support it (never have). They have no requirement to make it work and are unlikely to offer any help.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    To summarize, the phone dialer should have CCF options for Busy, Unanswered, and Unreachable. Can you put your GV # in for those and let us know what happens? Make sure you enter +1 with your GV #, as in +11231231234.
    That particular dialer page can be grayed out and with/without an error message. It depends on the phone. Even when the sim has been provisioned by using another phone, the settings can refuse to display, but the forwarding will occur.

It is either not possible to access editing or the editing does not "take". It's possible that editing does not flip any switches over at AT&T anyway. I heard that if you edit your voicemail access number, nothing changes.