Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Will Sprint Still Have Roaming Coverage After Verizon 3G Shut Down?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techguru View Post
    Thing is, I'm not in the roaming area of that map, I'm in the solid yellow. My phone says Extended 3G not Roaming 3G, roaming switch is turned off and my usage on the Extended 3G is still going towards the 300mb limit...Sprint is f***** messed up!
    according to this - https://community.sprint.com/t5/iPho.../870108/page/2 it's roaming.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thing is, I'm not in the roaming area of that map, I'm in the solid yellow. My phone says Extended 3G not Roaming 3G, roaming switch is turned off and my usage on the Extended 3G is still going towards the 300mb limit...Sprint is f***** messed up!
    I switched to AT&T cause of their crappy service and their stupid roaming that used to be 300MB down to 100MB and all their roaming areas that I would hit most of the time on my road trips and even at a friend's house out in Royal, AR where there is some to no service with native or their roaming partner in that area where my friend has AT&T service but now he doesn't live out there and has since moved into the city of Hot Springs, AR. Now that I have AT&T and get more coverage and have unlimited voice, text, & data I WILL NEVER EVER THINK ABOUT GOING BACK TO SPRINT, PERIOD!!!
    Phone: AT&T Galaxy Note 8
    Plan: AT&T Unlimited Plus Multi-Line $235.00/mo. For 7 Devices
    Ins: AT&T Multi-Device Protection Pack $34.99

Airtouch: (VZW Now) 9/1997 - 7/2001 (Micro T-A-C Lite II Retired & Still Have 2 This Date) & Motorola SC-725 Retired
    Nextel: 7/2001 - 10/2010 (i2k+, i95cl, i860, i930, & i680 Retired)
    Sprint: 6/2008 - 12/19/2017 (ic902, v950, Blackberry Bold 9650/9930, Galaxy Note 2, 3, & 4 Retired)
    Airave: 06/2010 - 12/19/2017
    AT&T: 12/19/2017 - Current

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stormchaser2003 View Post
    I switched to AT&T cause of their crappy service and their stupid roaming that used to be 300MB down to 100MB and all their roaming areas that I would hit most of the time on my road trips and even at a friend's house out in Royal, AR where there is some to no service with native or their roaming partner in that area where my friend has AT&T service but now he doesn't live out there and has since moved into the city of Hot Springs, AR. Now that I have AT&T and get more coverage and have unlimited voice, text, & data I WILL NEVER EVER THINK ABOUT GOING BACK TO SPRINT, PERIOD!!!
    My Sprint is $50/mo (+ tax). All 3 other post paid carriers look to run $80 a month or more...
    Personal: Sprint Apple iPhone 6 (A1586) on Sprint Post Paid SERO Premium 500 running iOS 12.4.1 with Sprint 36.1 and PRL 55071 and modem firmware 7.80.04 and SIM card version 63.09a
    Work: Verizon LG G2

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    My Sprint is $50/mo (+ tax). All 3 other post paid carriers look to run $80 a month or more...
    This is me. I rather spend a little more money on my wireless service and know I will have a wireless carrier that has a larger coverage area to serve my needs as much as possible on a native coverage and that my wireless carrier doesn't have to depend or sign roaming agreements to make their coverage map or service look bigger than they really are and limit me to 100MBs of roaming at 2G and if I am lucky 3G speed on my data. I just had ENOUGH of the lack of Sprint's lousy coverage and them trying to fool me that they are improving their coverage that I told Sprint to shove their service where the sun doesn't shine very well and moved about all 7 phones over to AT&T and I helped move about another 30 lines from other friends and people from Sprint to AT&T and they said they are fine paying a little more for service to get better service and coverage.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stormchaser2003 View Post
    This is me. I rather spend a little more money on my wireless service and know I will have a wireless carrier that has a larger coverage area to serve my needs as much as possible on a native coverage and that my wireless carrier doesn't have to depend or sign roaming agreements to make their coverage map or service look bigger than they really are and limit me to 100MBs of roaming at 2G and if I am lucky 3G speed on my data. I just had ENOUGH of the lack of Sprint's lousy coverage and them trying to fool me that they are improving their coverage that I told Sprint to shove their service where the sun doesn't shine very well and moved about all 7 phones over to AT&T and I helped move about another 30 lines from other friends and people from Sprint to AT&T and they said they are fine paying a little more for service to get better service and coverage.
    All I can afford to switch to is TotalWireless (which uses Verizon)...

I've never used more than 10GB in a month with my unlimited with Sprint so 25GB would be plenty...

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score

I've never used more than 10GB in a month with my unlimited with Sprint so 25GB would be plenty...
    Yeah that is great as you make sure that you get the most for your money when your shopping around for wireless to always get the best deal and it works for you there like for work, play, & travel. I had to move to AT&T for the coverage and they ofter me a better deal like since I had DirecTV I said I will add wireless to it and then drop my Spectrum Internet that I was paying $78 for a box and 200Mbps down & 20 Mbps upload where now I have Fiber from AT&T and get like 1Gbps down/up for $70 no box rental fee or install fee regularly the same speed is $80 so I saved $10 by bundling all 3 services together and I get more for the bang here.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    That makes no logical sense at all. The other carriers use the same SIM for all phones. The iPhone 6 and newer are "all carrier compatible".
    Not unprecedented though -- vzw had 3 series of Sims... oldest ones were actually Vodafone Netherlands sims and used ONLY for overseas roaming. I do believe they had a second type where authentication was done cdma-side, with extra software on sim to allow LTE connectivity. Newest ones are standard GSM Sims and some kind of kludging (pseudo esn maybe?) allows cdma use when needed.

Sent from my BBB100-3 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Oh also for whatever reason, at&t used to have several types for whatever reason, 32k 64k and so on, and seemed (back then at least) seemed unable to make some account changes without issuing a new sim.

Still doesn't explain not allowing the newer sim on older volte capable phones...

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post
    Oh also for whatever reason, at&t used to have several types for whatever reason, 32k 64k and so on, and seemed (back then at least) seemed unable to make some account changes without issuing a new sim.

Still doesn't explain not allowing the newer sim on older volte capable phones...

Ya I remember not being able to get a new phone number on the GSM providers without getting a new SIM. This was in the 2G days though, the phones that made your radio buzz...

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post
    There are 32k & 64k SIMs, At one time there were different mini, micro and nano SIMs and some older phones don't work with nano SIMs because of the contact spacing. At one time, there were 3v & 5v SIMs. Some SIMs have PRLs and Java applets embedded. Carriers like you to replace SIMs frequently just to update the PRL. As for replacing the SIM to update the account or issue a new phone number, that's an issue of the carrier's accounting system, not the SIM.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    at&t, Verizon
    Feedback Score

You might also look at Visible by Verizon. It’s only $40/mo, but limits max download speeds. No threshold cap.

Verizon's 4G network.

I live in California, not New York. I actually dislike New York.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork4me View Post
    You might also look at Visible by Verizon. It’s only $40/mo, but limits max download speeds. No threshold cap.
    I see it includes unlimited hotspot which is a major plus. I do see a lot of emphasis on their "app". This isn't like FreedomPop where it's a data only connection and calls (and even sms) have to be done though the junk app is it?

Does it include real VoLTE, VVM, WiFi Calling, and 3G calling (for the rest of the year) should LTE be unavailable?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork4me View Post
    I see it includes unlimited hotspot which is a major plus. I do see a lot of emphasis on their "app". This isn't like FreedomPop where it's a data only connection and calls (and even sms) have to be done though the junk app is it?

Does it include real VoLTE, VVM, WiFi Calling, and 3G calling (for the rest of the year) should LTE be unavailable?

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score

It is a real phone plan, but I don't believe it supports 3G. Just VoLTE. And it is limited to specific phone models. Best to go there and read the FAQ.

I don't need "unlimited", so I am on Verizon Prepaid. The 15GB should be enough for me. I don't think I've ever used that much data in a month so far (not into streaming on a phone).
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    It is a real phone plan, but I don't believe it supports 3G. Just VoLTE. And it is limited to specific phone models. Best to go there and read the FAQ.

I don't need "unlimited", so I am on Verizon Prepaid. The 15GB should be enough for me. I don't think I've ever used that much data in a month so far (not into streaming on a phone).
    A lot of bad reviews in the Apple App Store on Visible...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast