Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Battery Draining on Lg Fiesta 2

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Battery Draining on Lg Fiesta 2

Tell me where to go to see what's running in the background? I forget, I've tried looking in settings, apps and then in Play Store Apps and I just can't for the life of me remember where to go??

Since yesterday my phone has been needing to be charged once a day. I just charged it this morning and it's already at 68%! I haven't been on my phone much and it's on airplane mode, so I'm perplexed. I don't have the brightness all the way up and the screen saver comes on after 5 min. I generally don't use too many apps on rely on the web browser for things because there isn't a ton of room on it.

When I woke up Friday morning the battery was dead, and this was with it in airplane mode, not sure what it was when I went to sleep but I generally charge my phone when it gets to 20%. Usually ever 2 days or so. Not sure what could be going on??

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Back in February, I bought for my wife the BOGO Fiesta 2 deal. I activated #1, then the next day activated #2 with a transfer from #1. My wife used phone #2 for about a month, getting 12-14 days between charges. Then one day, the battery went down about 65% sitting overnight. I thought maybe she left some tasks running (she's new to smartphones), so I just recharged it. The next night, it happened again. Looking at battery usage, I think the major user was Android or System. So I figured some weird thing was going on with its firmware. I took the SIM out of phone #2 and put it into phone #1 temporarily while I tried to fix the problem.

I reset phone #2, charge it up and let it sit unused, checking its battery level a few times a day. I got 16 days out of that charge. So I put SIM #2 back into phone #2 and let my wife use it again. It's been normal ever since.

I can only speculate that there might be some "bugs" in the Fiesta 2 firmware that get triggered in certain situation and cause the operating system to get into a loop, running non-stop and using up a lot of battery. A reset would put it back to normal.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    What network does the phone use ??
    And does it have all the latest updates ??
    If data is disabled, then it should last.
    Do you know about how old the phone is??

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Name:  Screenshot_2019-06-01-15-38-42.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  35.6 KB

This is my battery usage ^

Phone uses Verizon, not sure that it gets updates?? I don't think so??
    And I bought it October 2017

If I did a reset what does that entail? Do I have to then go back and put everything back on it because it will be like new?

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    OP, do you leave Wifi/Bluetooth/GPS on all of the time ? These features eat the battery up quickly. If so, just turn them off when not in use. How old is the phone/battery ?
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    OP, do you leave Wifi/Bluetooth/GPS on all of the time ? These features eat the battery up quickly. If so, just turn them off when not in use. How old is the phone/battery ?
    No none of that is on. That's location right? Nope off, check out my screen shot you can see I've got nothing but wifi and in airplane mode. Phone was bought Oct 2017 so a little over 2 1/2 years. But it's just weird, this wasn't a gradual thing this was overnight, literally. Wouldn't the battery get bad a little at a time??

My phone feels hot. I'm gonna turn it off for a while, maybe it needs a rest

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTechie View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_2019-06-01-15-38-42.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  35.6 KB

This is my battery usage ^

If I did a reset what does that entail? Do I have to then go back and put everything back on it because it will be like new?
    Your battery usage pattern looks like my wife's Fiesta #2 when it had problem. Normally, the major battery users are Phone Idle and Screen. Android System should be way down the list, as seen in the screenshots below that I just took.

Yes, unfortunately a reset will wipe out everything and you'll have to reinstall apps, contact list, etc. If you have another Tracfone (inactive is fine), you can use the TF Transfer Wizard app to save your call logs, text messages, files, contacts, etc. Then restore them later to your Fiesta 2.

Name:  Fiesta-#2-Battery-Usage-1.JPG
Views: 201
Size:  22.0 KB

Name:  Fiesta-#2-Battery-Usage-2.JPG
Views: 201
Size:  24.0 KB

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks @hpham! I'm hoping if I leave it off for awhile it will right itself. I can't remember the last time I had it off. I do try to periodically shut it down, at least weekly, but maybe it's been awhile.

If that doesn't work I guess I will do a reset. Would this be a "factory" reset? The phone is off so I'm trying to remember what other choice for a reset I may have seen??

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks @hpham! I'm hoping if I leave it off for awhile it will right itself. I can't remember the last time I had it off. I do try to periodically shut it down, at least weekly, but maybe it's been awhile.

If that doesn't work I guess I will do a reset. Would this be a "factory" reset? The phone is off so I'm trying to remember what other choice for a reset I may have seen??
    Turning it off might "right" it. If not, a reset might be necessary. You can trigger a (factory) reset in Settings-->Backup & Reset.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post

I can only speculate that there might be some "bugs" in the Fiesta 2 firmware that get triggered in certain situation and cause the operating system to get into a loop, running non-stop and using up a lot of battery. A reset would put it back to normal.
    When you say "reset", do you mean a full factory data reset, or other methods not so intrusive? Running it without the SIM, then replacing it might help. You can't do the battery removal reset trick with the Fiesta 2.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    When you say "reset", do you mean a full factory data reset, or other methods not so intrusive? Running it without the SIM, then replacing it might help. You can't do the battery removal reset trick with the Fiesta 2.
    I meant a factory reset. It wasn't a big deal for my wife's phone because there are just a few apps that I loaded on it, and I backed up her texts, call logs, pictures to the other Fiesta 2.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I can do a factory reset, I don't have that many apps and my pictures all go to google photos so I don't think I have to worry about losing anything. And I use google voice so don't have to worry about contacts or texts :-).

I'll see how it does tomorrow after having been off, fingers crossed.

Thank you for the help.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I had an LG K4. Really seemed to use the battery to fast. Put in a new battery and didn't even seem to register the battery level correctly. I know there's some process to recalibrate a battery so the battery info shows correctly. Unless you have some kind of test equipment how do you even know you're as low as the phone says you are? Buggy battery app? Maybe download some other battery app and compare.

Also OP. Your screen shot shows wifi's turned on. Was it when you had the issues?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yes I always have Wi-Fi on for my Google voice. I really don't use data only when not in wifi.

I know my battery is draining because my phone will die.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yes I always have Wi-Fi on for my Google voice.
    Like veriztd mentioned above; wifi could drain you even if you're not using it. And it won't show in the battery usage apps list either.
    Maybe even downloading something that wouldn't show in the battery apps usage. I don't really trust the app battery usage info. Some things don't show.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast