Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Freedompop "upgrading" free plan to paid plan - CHECK YOUR EMAIL!!

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus PAYG & T-Mobile Legacy PAYGO
    Feedback Score
    To clarify, "upgrade" emails have only been received for Sprint plans, correct? No one has received an "upgrade" email for AT&T plans, correct?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmart View Post
    To clarify, "upgrade" emails have only been received for Sprint plans, correct? No one has received an "upgrade" email for AT&T plans, correct?
    Correct in my case. It was a Sprint hotspot plan in my case, not a phone.
    Last edited by comintel; 06-04-2019 at 07:36 AM.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Not sure if this is related, but I just got a call from FreedomPop wanting to upgrade me to a yearly plan for $99. My free sim is the AT&T one.

I suspect they are trying to change their business model around, and moving away from the free service.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I have an LTE Sim that upgraded a global sim on one of my accounts from last year. Suddenly stopped working and in my investigation, seems like it got deactivated for no good reason. Account payment is up to date. Although what's odd is that all this while, it was never really recording and data usage by me.

I have an email open on their community forum.

I don't know if they are throttling data now but my other 2 sims were pretty slow when doing some speed tests.

Sent from my LEX727 Leeco Le Pro3 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    4x Sprint lines (500MB) and 1x ATT LTE SIM (250MB). No 'upgrades' yet, but I did get a 1˘ maintenance charge on one of them last month.

Device(s)
    Rival
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I get five 1˘ charges per month for 4 lines. I'm not sure how that works, but it's 5˘, so whatever.

Feedback Score
    They added the $r2.99 service charge to my "free" account that had the $3.99 data rollover option.
    Now costs me $7/mo. When I use up the 3G of data I have saved up, I'll go to Best Buy and get the 3 month card for $15 for 1 G per month.
    I only use the hotspot when I'm on the road away from my home wi-fi or other wifi sources and usually use under 200 mb.
    Now if they start adding the service charge to the BB cards that will kill it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    I have an LTE Sim that upgraded a global sim on one of my accounts from last year. Suddenly stopped working and in my investigation, seems like it got deactivated for no good reason. Account payment is up to date. Although what's odd is that all this while, it was never really recording and data usage by me.
    I had a two lines get deactivated because they were not recording the data usage. I got them to reset things by contacting them at Twitter. The data started recording and all has been good for months.

I don't know if they still respond to customer service requests on Twitter for free plans.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by seddy View Post
    I get five 1˘ charges per month for 4 lines. I'm not sure how that works, but it's 5˘, so whatever.
    Make sure you do five completed outgoing* calls or five MB of data per billing cycle and the cent charges will stop.

*I'm not sure if incoming calls count.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I had a two lines get deactivated because they were not recording the data usage. I got them to reset things by contacting them at Twitter. The data started recording and all has been good for months.

I don't know if they still respond to customer service requests on Twitter for free plans.
    i think i heard that they eliminated the tech support via social media platforms like facebook

Went to submit a question on their website and they informed that i need to sign up for their paid vip premium service. oh well....

sounds like my situation is similar to yours

i only keep these sims around because their helpful with testing new phones and i have years worth of rollover data. they are making it difficult though....

Device(s)
    LeEco S3
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket and others
    Feedback Score
    I have not received email but today I just found my CDMA free plan changed to 750MB/month and price is $3.99/month. Obviously, without my agreement.
    And it shows my next billing cycle is in 2 days for $3.99.
    I've just submitted support ticket, let's see what will happen.

Feedback Score
    I never received an email, but when I checked my account it showed me on the "Pro 500" plan for $3.99 per month.

I have not been charged but the end of my plan month was approaching so I might have been charged soon.

I went to my.freedompop.com/sprint-plan and pressed the button to return to the basic account and now my plan is back to "Premium 500".

Even if you didn't get the email, it's worth checking and using the downgrade link before you have to deal with customer service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by min1968 View Post
    I have not received email but today I just found my CDMA free plan changed to 750MB/month and price is $3.99/month. Obviously, without my agreement.
    And it shows my next billing cycle is in 2 days for $3.99.
    I've just submitted support ticket, let's see what will happen.
    Not sure why you're seeing 750mb/month. Most people are still getting 500mb/month, but have been "upgraded" to the PRO plan which includes some unneeded services and is $3.99/mo.
    Rather than wait for support, you might want to try logging into your account and then use this link:
    my.freedompop.com/sprint-plan
    If you see a button saying "keep my free plan" or something like that, you can click it to go back to the free plan. Support should be unnecessary and may take to long.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    So I am still the only one getting calls from them though? One from FP yesterday, and a voice message from Unreal mobile today.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Belarios View Post
    I never received an email, but when I checked my account it showed me on the "Pro 500" plan for $3.99 per month.

I have not been charged but the end of my plan month was approaching so I might have been charged soon.

I went to my.freedompop.com/sprint-plan and pressed the button to return to the basic account and now my plan is back to "Premium 500".

Even if you didn't get the email, it's worth checking and using the downgrade link before you have to deal with customer service.
    Check you credit card statement. For me the only way I could downgrade back to the free plan was to pay a $20 “top-up” — no thanks!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast