Device(s)
    Palm Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Mint Mobile - Trying to activate beyond 45 days

So you have to insert your SIM card in and go to a web browser to https://my.mintmobile.com/activation

There you type in your activation code. I get "Invalid Activation Code". I call them up. They ask me when I last bought the SIM. I say probably 90 days. The guy tells me it is expired and I have to buy a new one.

I'm going to try calling back and saying 30 days this time and see what happens but it looks like you can't buy too many of these prepaid SIMs in advance anymore.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    That's interesting.

People previously reported that even though automated activation wouldn't work, Mint CSRs would activate plans purchased more than 45 days ago upon request.

Maybe Mint is "cracking down"?

Anyway, good luck, and please report back on how it goes.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 5, Nexus 5X , Jelly Pro
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM, FreedomPop, AT&T, Tracfone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Have you tried using the app JIK. I had an issue activating a new line through the website on a gift SIM that was at least 120 days old. I used the MintMobile app to activate and it worked.

I know it is not exactly the same issue, but maybe it will activate that way.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I hope not. I did just activate last week a sim that I bought in Nov. I was surprised it activated online w/o need for CS intervention. And I still have a few from the Super Bowl promo.
    Let us know how your next try with CS goes.
    Your, you're, yore; there, their, they're; to, too, two; by, buy; add, ad; for, four, fore.
    a) better to light a candle, or b) curse the darkness?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    try activating through the app. i bought the mint trial sim last year and just activated it a week ago. but i did it through the app. maybe the trial sim is different, but maybe give the app a try in activating it

Device(s)
    nexus and RIP Motorola flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I did not have a problem ,
    Where did you buy sim ?
    I have 2 more so I hope this does not become a problem !
    Wanted: old barnfind VWs and Sports cars ,
    save them from the crusher , I have had my tetanus shots so rust does not scare me ,
    anything considered even parts cars

Device(s)
    Palm Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The guy's name this morning was Robbie. He gave me the hard line that SIMs had to be activated within 45 days and that I would have to buy a new one.

This is one of those SIMs I bought (2) on that last deal for $15 or $20 for 3 months worth and 8 GB.

Since I had to go to work I called again a few mins ago. I got a gal who seemed more helpful. She didn't ask me when I bought the SIM but she said the activation code was not found in her system. She said she would call me back within 30 mins.

I tried to activate the SIM within the app. I had to enter the long SIM card # (mine ends w/ an F so I left that part out). Still no go for me.

Device(s)
    nexus and RIP Motorola flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Where on the package does it say to use in 45 days ?

No where on the ones I have.

Let us know how it works out.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Some reps have said before that it did not expire.

Device(s)
    Palm Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Well of course I never got called back. 1 day so far w/o service after having called 2 reps to try to activate.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ablang View Post
    I tried to activate the SIM within the app. I had to enter the long SIM card # (mine ends w/ an F so I left that part out). Still no go for me.
    I just took a look at mine, there are 2 numbers on the plastic card. At the top right, above the sim card punch out there is a 11 digit "act code" also an "activate by date" under it (mine said 09/21/2020). I'm almost positive that act code is the one I used to activate with the app. Now, at the bottom on the lower left, there is also a 20 digit number, ending in F (with a bar code above it). I am guessing you are trying to activate using that number? Is yours missing the "act code" at the top right?

Device(s)
    Palm Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    No no. Mine had the activation code which is an 11-digit number. The 2nd gal I spoke w/ yesterday said she couldn't "find it in her system".

So this morning I tried the chat and answered it in a way that I could get email support.

I got an email asking for an ICCID, activation code, and zip code.

I replied back just now. Hopefully they figure it out.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I just bought a Mint SIM 3-month 8GB kit at Best Buy and the activated by date is "04/2021" and nowhere on the package is stated the 45 days activation requirement. However, the terms and conditions on Mint website actually have the 45-day activation requirement condition so I am not too sure how they track the purchase date. I didn't pay attention if the cashier at Best Buy had scanned the SIM card barcode / ID to send the information back to Mint service for tracking purpose or not. On the other hand, it would be easy and simple to track if the SIM kit was purchased on Mint website. So maybe it depends in the end where you did buy yours for the 45-day term to get triggered in Mint system?

From "mintmobile.com/plan-terms-and-conditions/"

"You are not eligible to request a refund for a new Mint Mobile service activation or SIM Kit when forty-five (45) calendar days have passed since the date of purchase (“45-Day Refund Exclusion”). SIM Kits that are subject to the 45-Day Refund Exclusion and that are not subsequently activated will automatically become inactive after three (3) months following the date of purchase. 3.3 Activation period. All service plans, including promotional plans and Trial Plans, must be activated within 45 days following the date of purchase. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate any plan or service that is not activated within 45 days following the date of purchase."
    Last edited by wildfins; 06-05-2019 at 02:59 AM.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by wildfins View Post
    I just bought a Mint SIM 3-month 8GB kit at Best Buy and the activated by date is "04/2021" and nowhere on the package is stated the 45 days activation requirement. However, the terms and conditions on Mint website actually have the 45-day activation requirement condition so I am not too sure how they track the purchase date. I didn't pay attention if the cashier at Best Buy had scanned the SIM card barcode / ID to send the information back to Mint service for tracking purpose or not. On the other hand, it would be easy and simple to track if the SIM kit was purchased on Mint website. So maybe it depends in the end where you did buy yours for the 45-day term to get triggered in Mint system?

From "mintmobile.com/plan-terms-and-conditions/"

"You are not eligible to request a refund for a new Mint Mobile service activation or SIM Kit when forty-five (45) calendar days have passed since the date of purchase (“45-Day Refund Exclusion”). SIM Kits that are subject to the 45-Day Refund Exclusion and that are not subsequently activated will automatically become inactive after three (3) months following the date of purchase. 3.3 Activation period. All service plans, including promotional plans and Trial Plans, must be activated within 45 days following the date of purchase. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate any plan or service that is not activated within 45 days following the date of purchase."
    The date on any T-Mobile or T-Mobile MVNO SIM card is the expiration date for activating the SIM card on the T-Mobile network, NOT the date for any preloaded plan associated with that SIM card.

I have no idea WHY T-Mo SIM cards have activation expiration dates, but from personal experience, they ARE enforced.

In the case of Mint attaching plans with plan activation expiration dates to the SIM card, the T-Mo SIM card activation date just makes it that much more confusing!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I just pulled up my order from the mint starter/test sim that I bought... I purchased it way back in July of 2018. Maybe the test sim has/had a different activation policy compared to regular mint plans. at least in my case almost a year passed from the time of purchase to activating it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast