Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Dual SIM Smartphones Suitable For AT&T And Verizon MVNOs

Feedback Score

Dual SIM Smartphones Suitable For AT&T And Verizon MVNOs

I posted something similar a while back, but things can and do change, so I am looking for the most current information on this.

What smartphones, available for use in the United States, currently are capable of using dual SIM cards?

I am currently on Total Wireless (Verizon MVNO) and have some supplemental Tracfone service from AT&T. I also have a couple of AT&T Connected Car Plan $20 Unlimited SIM cards. Can I currently get Total Wireless on an e-SIM?

Do all dual SIM card phones behave the same? I suspect that you have one selected as a main and the other as a standby. Is there, or would there be, a way to configure a dual SIM smartphone so that when you completely lose service on one carrier it would seamlessly switch to the other carrier? (I have never use a dual SIM smartphone, so maybe that IS how they work currently. I simply don't know.)

Update: I just contact Total Wireless and e-SIMs are NOT available from them. Are there ANY dual SIM phones that currently use two physical SIM cards?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    I posted something similar a while back, but things can and do change, so I am looking for the most current information on this.

What smartphones, available for use in the United States, currently are capable of using dual SIM cards?

I am currently on Total Wireless (Verizon MVNO) and have some supplemental Tracfone service from AT&T. I also have a couple of AT&T Connected Car Plan $20 Unlimited SIM cards. Can I currently get Total Wireless on an e-SIM?

Do all dual SIM card phones behave the same? I suspect that you have one selected as a main and the other as a standby. Is there, or would there be, a way to configure a dual SIM smartphone so that when you completely lose service on one carrier it would seamlessly switch to the other carrier? (I have never use a dual SIM smartphone, so maybe that IS how they work currently. I simply don't know.)
    Dual sim is generally gsm and gsm only meaning no Verizon or sprint. Some phones like maybe the newer higher end / priced ones may like the iPhone XS or XR with eSIM. But a phone under $500 most likely won’t support Verizon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Truphone, FP GSM
    Feedback Score
    The blu vivo xi+ is a good candidate it's around 280 on Amazon. Chinese phones offer this more and more. Umidigi has this on most if not all of there phones.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by appleshampoo View Post
    The blu vivo xi+ is a good candidate it's around 280 on Amazon.
    But that phone won’t work on Verizon as OP is wanting ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    The blu vivo xi+ is a good candidate it's around 280 on Amazon. Chinese phones offer this more and more. Umidigi has this on most if not all of there phones.
    I believe that the XI+ becomes a SINGLE SIM (the second slot becomes microSD only) phone if you allow the update to become Vzw compatible. This is what I was told by Blu. Please provide links if you have seen different information.

Also, please post a link showing what Umidigi dual SIM phones are officially Vzw compatible.

Thanks!

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Truphone, FP GSM
    Feedback Score
    https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07LGDF3...-no-redirect=1

it is dual sim(either 2 sim or 1 sim and SD) and verizon compatible.

like I said all new umidigi models have an insane amount of bands and are dual slot and some are even triple. They kind have made a selling point for the brand.

https://www.umidigi.com/

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07LGDF3...-no-redirect=1

it is dual sim(either 2 sim or 1 sim and SD) and verizon compatible.

like I said all new umidigi models have an insane amount of bands and are dual slot and some are even triple. They kind have made a selling point for the brand.

https://www.umidigi.com/
    Thanks. But I think the Amazon link proves my point, as it specifically says "Single SIM".

I see that Umidigi phones have Vzw LTE band support, but are they officially Vzw compatible? In other words, do they require a previously activated in a Vzw compatible phone SIM card, or can they really be activated directly on the Vzw network?

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Truphone, FP GSM
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Thanks. But I think the Amazon link proves my point, as it specifically says "Single SIM".

I see that the Umidigi phones have the Vzw LTE band support, but are they officially Vzw compatible? In other words, do they require an already previously activated in a compatible phone SIM card, or can they really be activated on the Vzw network?
    I don't see why they would change the hardware from the original version. The answer section people confirm the verzon version is dual sim.

Doubt they are officially compatible but I've haven't seen people saying they have had issues using umidigi on Verizon I forums and what-not.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I don't see why they would change the hardware from the original version. The answer section people confirm the verzon version is dual sim.

Doubt they are officially compatible but I've haven't seen people saying they have had issues using umidigi on Verizon I forums and what-not.
    The hardware doesn't change. As I already stated above, "the XI+ becomes a SINGLE SIM (the second slot becomes microSD only) phone if you allow the update to become Vzw compatible", according to Blu support. Obviously, CSRs are often wrong, so I can't say if this is truly accurate, but the Amazon listing for the XI+ does indicate "Single SIM". The Blu XI and XI+ were NOT Vzw compatible when they were released.

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Truphone, FP GSM
    Feedback Score
    Your right scratch the blu suggestion xda post confirms your statements. Shame I really like my xi+ original.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Your right scratch the blu suggestion xda post confirms your statements. Shame I really like my xi+ original.
    Yeah. I think Blu completely screwed that up. People bought a dual SIM phone, and then after the update to make the phone Vzw compatible, the phone supposedly becomes only single SIM. NOT good!

It seems like Umidigi might be the one to watch. But we still need some kind of confirmation that dual SIM works as expected with a Vzw SIM in one slot and a GSM SIM in the other.

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    My concern with any non-Verizon sanctioned phone would be VoLTE. I would also have the same concern with other carriers VoLTE too, as I don’t think they have the requisite VOLTE settings enabled, and I doubt they are manually configurable.

For example, the GSM version of the iPhone 7 has been a source of frustration for me for well over a year. Ive been trying to get an unlocked one to work to no avail... I can get data working very easily, but no voice. Oddly, since it doesn’t have a Verizon carrier profile, all of the settlings for APN, etc. are open for editing. So simply setting the apn to VZWINTERNET gets me data, but all calls fail. The same exact settings work fine with my Verizon SIM when roaming on GSM/LTE networks outside the US (including voice which is non-VOLTE UMTS on GSM networks), so VOLTE on Verizon is the challenge.

Feedback Score
    What about recent Oneplus 6 and 7 series? Can you have both GSM and Verizon dual standby? Of course not the Tmobile version as it is single SIM.

Sent from my LM-X410.FGN using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Huawei Mate SE, iPhone 6s+
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, Tracfone, Lyca, Truphone, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    I'd recommend a Umidigi for what you are trying to do. I bought a Umi F1 to use with Tracfone Verizon plus various Att sims. You set one or the other sims for data and can receive calls on both sims. I don't think you can activate a Verizon sim but I had no problem sim swapping from my tracfone. I expect you could do the same from Total.

With volt on it would not make or receive calls but worked fine for calls with volte turned off in network settings. If you were considering the iphones Umi makes some higher line phones too. My phone had a hardware problem but if you buy from amazon easy return.

Device(s)
    Pixel3XL, Pixel3, s9+, Axon 10P, Titan, Atom, MoFi, etc
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, Google Fi, Xfinity Mobile, TMO, RP/vzw/att/tmo, Tello, Tru, eKit
    Feedback Score
    Unihertz Atom is dual SIM both active VoLTE. Granted not for primary line (Too small) but it works. I use it for exercise. Is not authorized for VZW but it works if you swap an active SIM in. Has CDMA. I have Red Pocket VZW in slot 1 and Red Pocket TMO in slot 2.

Waiting for high end dual active LTE SIM with bands 2, 4, 5, 12, 13, 14, 25, 26, 29, 30, 41, 46, 66 and 71. Lol. One can dream.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using HoFo mobile app
    --
    CellGuru

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast