Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Buy web order delayed on Fiesta 2

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Best Buy web order delayed on Fiesta 2

I ordered a Simple Mobile Fiesta 2 from Best Buy Thursday evening. The order email estimated it would arrive Tuesday June 4th. I never got the shipping notice with tracking info. Just now I got an email saying there was a delay fulfilling the order... (Pasted below)

Delayed orders are typically fulfilled within 7 days. However, as soon as your item becomes available, we'll send an e-mail letting you know it's on the way.

We will keep your order open and continue to work on getting your item(s) to you until July 04, 2019. If your item(s) are still not available by this date, we'll cancel the item(s) and notify you via e-mail.

For more information and additional order options, see the What You Need to Know section below.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for being a loyal customer.

Sincerely,

Your Customer Care Team

(End of pasted notice)

It says it could be pending until July 4th... I went to my account and tried to cancel the order since it clearly hasn't shipped yet. I received a popup note saying that I couldn't cancel the order because they're working on it (!).

The order page for the phone shows it as in stock available for two day shipping.

It also shows the phone in stock available for pickup in a city that's not nearby, but couldn't they take one out of inventory from a store to ship if the warehouse is out of stock??

To me this isn't a customer friendly solution to "delay", they should allow the order to be canceled if they don't have any in stock. And they should say out of stock on the web page.

What I'm wondering is if something happened to the package while it was being prepared for shipping or maybe the weather conditions delayed it, but if so it should be able to be canceled.

(Beware if anyone was planning on ordering this phone from Best Buy's website.)

It went out of stock recently was why I decided to buy one when it showed as being in stock again. I figured it being new the battery would be better than a refurb.

I guess I should have spent the loot on more airtime for my current phone instead of a new phone, like the eBay 49.99 eBay sim kit deal with a years service and 1200 minutes.

Sent from my LGL84VL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/simple-...eut=3145972646

This is the URL to the Best Buy page the phone is listed on.

Has anyone else here ordered one and gotten a similar delay notice?

Sent from my LGL84VL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Boom <Tracfone Verizon BYOP < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    WheelieBoot, I have a Tracfone LG Fiesta 2 that I've never used, brand new - one of those 2 for 1 deals on ebay - the airtime has been

harvested - PM me if you have an interest in it ( assuming the Best Buy deal doesn't work out....which hopefully it will ) - Of

course, it's locked to Tracfone & the SIM is T-Mobile - assume that fits your needs since the Best Buy purchase is Simple Mobile.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    This whole situation seems very bizarre. Best Buy should be better than this.

WheelieBoot, have you called or done an online chat (if BB has that) to get an explanation as to why the product is currently IN STOCK on bestbuy.com, yet you still got the order delayed message?

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    WheelieBoot, stores don't just take a phone out of inventory just to send to another location who might need it. What would happen if the store that you see it in stock if they ran out of inventory and couldn't fill a local order ? Doesn't work like that way. Inventory fulfillment is done with the corporate distribution center.

Sure it stinks that you are in this situation, but it is merely wishful thinking on your part.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    WheelieBoot, stores don't just take a phone out of inventory just to send to another location who might need it. What would happen if the store that you see it in stock if they ran out of inventory and couldn't fill a local order ? Doesn't work like that way. Inventory fulfillment is done with the corporate distribution center.

Sure it stinks that you are in this situation, but it is merely wishful thinking on your part.
    Hmmm...I'm just wondering how you can explain it currently being in stock for new orders at https://www.bestbuy.com/site/simple-...eut=3145972646 and yet BB can't fulfill WheelieBoot's order?

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Sorry I can't. Just offering my opinion

Sent from my SM-G965U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    I ordered a Simple Mobile Fiesta 2 from Best Buy Thursday evening. The order email estimated it would arrive Tuesday June 4th. I never got the shipping notice with tracking info. Just now I got an email saying there was a delay fulfilling the order... (Pasted below) Delayed orders are typically fulfilled within 7 days. However, as soon as your item becomes available, we'll send an e-mail letting you know it's on the way. We will keep your order open and continue to work on getting your item(s) to you until July 04, 2019. If your item(s) are still not available by this date, we'll cancel the item(s) and notify you via e-mail. For more information and additional order options, see the What You Need to Know section below. We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for being a loyal customer. Sincerely, Your Customer Care Team (End of pasted notice) It says it could be pending until July 4th... I went to my account and tried to cancel the order since it clearly hasn't shipped yet. I received a popup note saying that I couldn't cancel the order because they're working on it (!). The order page for the phone shows it as in stock available for two day shipping. It also shows the phone in stock available for pickup in a city that's not nearby, but couldn't they take one out of inventory from a store to ship if the warehouse is out of stock?? To me this isn't a customer friendly solution to "delay", they should allow the order to be canceled if they don't have any in stock. And they should say out of stock on the web page. What I'm wondering is if something happened to the package while it was being prepared for shipping or maybe the weather conditions delayed it, but if so it should be able to be canceled. (Beware if anyone was planning on ordering this phone from Best Buy's website.) It went out of stock recently was why I decided to buy one when it showed as being in stock again. I figured it being new the battery would be better than a refurb. I guess I should have spent the loot on more airtime for my current phone instead of a new phone, like the eBay 49.99 eBay sim kit deal with a years service and 1200 minutes. Sent from my LGL84VL using HoFo mobile app
    did you try contacting customer service or doing a chat session ?? see what they have to say.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Sorry I can't. Just offering my opinion
    The situation is definitely odd.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    did you try contacting customer service or doing a chat session ?? see what they have to say.
    Brilliant! I wonder why someone else didn't think of that!? Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post

WheelieBoot, have you called or done an online chat (if BB has that) to get an explanation as to why the product is currently IN STOCK on bestbuy.com, yet you still got the order delayed message?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If they have no way to interrupt a backorder, that speaks volumes about the way Best Buy is conducting themselves these days.

Along with a website that has incorrect item descriptions and inventory status.

I guess they just wait until an order times-out.

It would be better if they were honest about the situation. Tracfone might have recalled the phones in order to stock their own deals and be done with the model.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

I was going to try to contact them today to see if it was something that could be resolved or explained (the delay message came through in the middle of the night). Then I got word the package was delivered today to the office, and sure enough it was there... UPS bubble mailer, partly munched but thankfully the phone was okay. The "delayed" message is still posted on my account without change.

Needless to say the whole situation is bizarre but thankfully I got it on the day they first estimated when I placed the order. I have no idea what happened, but heard on the radio that Google was having issues recently and I wondered if it affected the email alerts since I get mine via Gmail. However I got the same delay message via text on my phone.

Weather in some areas is flooding, so maybe that or power outages had something to do with it. There have been a lot of tornadoes too, maybe it affected the distribution or transport. The package came from Sheperdsville Kentucky 40165. I'm in central California.

Anyway just be aware if anyone is ordering from Best Buy right now there could be a problem. I was pretty unhappy with the vague message, but can't say now they didn't deliver.

Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by trek83 View Post
    WheelieBoot, I have a Tracfone LG Fiesta 2 that I've never used, brand new - one of those 2 for 1 deals on ebay - the airtime has been

harvested - PM me if you have an interest in it ( assuming the Best Buy deal doesn't work out....which hopefully it will ) - Of

course, it's locked to Tracfone & the SIM is T-Mobile - assume that fits your needs since the Best Buy purchase is Simple Mobile.
    Thanks for the offer. I was going to buy an F2 with a years service but after this ordeal (admittedly brief) I may leave off buying phones for awhile, but I may buy airtime (the eBay TF 49.99 deal). Now I have a GSM Tmo F2 as well as 2 CDMA Fiestas of the older type. It's a great phone and I wanted more than one in case the model gets discontinued. I have a GSM AT&T phone and a CDMA VZ phone active on TF. Both work well here in the Sierra foothills north of Fresno.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The situation is definitely odd.
    I agree that is odd.

Sent from my SM-G965U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    If they have no way to interrupt a backorder, that speaks volumes about the way Best Buy is conducting themselves these days.

Along with a website that has incorrect item descriptions and inventory status.

I guess they just wait until an order times-out.

It would be better if they were honest about the situation. Tracfone might have recalled the phones in order to stock their own deals and be done with the model.
    Not being able to cancel freaked me out, but now I know why they said it couldn't be cancelled, UPS had it underway to its destination even if the account notices were messing up.

I have a Best Buy number (I didn't have to use it) if anyone needs it. Never have used it, hope it works. (Dialed it and it connects).

I'm sure they must have a chat button online. If so it's probably better to use that in case of a situation on an order.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast