Thread: Text now downgrade.. How can I do that?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8, iPad Mini 4, Blackberry KEY 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Text now downgrade.. How can I do that?

I'm signing up for text now's $9.99 talk and text plan and porting in my number... after I port in I would like to downgrade to the $2.99 premium plan and keep my number.... How can I do this? I'm switching my main plan to a new one and don't want to loose my number.... I also want to be able to use my number on any device another reason I'm doing this... has anyone done this before? In the switch I'll use another text now account with a free number on my secondary phone

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitieiii View Post
    I'm signing up for text now's $9.99 talk and text plan and porting in my number... after I port in I would like to downgrade to the $2.99 premium plan and keep my number.... How can I do this? I'm switching my main plan to a new one and don't want to loose my number.... I also want to be able to use my number on any device another reason I'm doing this... has anyone done this before? In the switch I'll use another text now account with a free number on my secondary phone
    As you know, I've advised using Google Voice to port your primary # to, and then use it on all your devices with either the GV app or Hangouts app instead of TextNow, simply because Google is bigger and more well-known. However, I've never had any trouble with the TextNow free VoIP service since I've been using them for a secondary phone # for the last 10 months, so maybe I'm just being overly cautious with my advice.

With that said, you've talked about this subject in multiple prior threads. In the most recent prior thread, you said you talked to a TextNow CSR who you said verified that what you want to do can be done. Since a TextNow CSR gave you that info, I'd suggest contacting TextNow to get the details on how to do it.

Please post back with what you find out. Thanks!
    I finally had time to chat in today.... They said it is not possible to port in your number to text now if using just the app... you can however sign up at the $9.99 wireless talk and text price and port your number in that way then downgrade to the $2.99 plan and still keep your ported in number.... They do give free Sims with your order.... I don't have a sprint imei to sign up with so I can't sign up for their wireless service but I'll find some way as I only need the imei to sign up and I'll downgrade my plan when it's done porting in....

Device(s)
    too many to list
    Carrier(s)
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I would not port to text now I tried them an few times service just sucks and if you want to port out its one hell of an pain best thing to do is port to Google vocie and link it to the text now number.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 10+ using Tapatalk
    Peter Is A God AkA Gods Son

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by manofstill2012 View Post
    I would not port to text now I tried them an few times service just sucks and if you want to port out its one hell of an pain best thing to do is port to Google vocie and link it to the text now number.
    What advantage would there be to involving BOTH GV and TextNow for what Whitieiii wants to do?

Like I said, I haven't personally had any issues with TextNow over the last 10 months for a secondary #, but as mentioned above and in prior threads with Whitieiii, I wouldn't trust them with an important # as much as I would trust GV.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8, iPad Mini 4, Blackberry KEY 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I've never got google voice and hangouts to work 100% I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but text now has always worked for me and I'm just wanting to go with text now premium... price doesn't matter just want to use my number on multiple devices...

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I've never got google voice and hangouts to work 100% I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but text now has always worked for me and I'm just wanting to go with text now premium... price doesn't matter just want to use my number on multiple devices...
    Understood. Even though GV + Hangouts over data only works perfectly for me and others doesn't mean it will work perfectly for everyone.

You might already know this, but be aware that just because you're going to pay $2.99/mo to remove ads from the TextNow app, that doesn't remove the usage requirement if you're using TextNow for VoIP only, i.e. no actual cellular service plan from TextNow.

As I stated above, the TextNow VoIP service usage requirement seems to be at least a month between uses for my wife and I, but I've read reports that claim usage has been required more often for others to avoid the loss of their TextNow phone #.

Please let us know what you find out from TextNow about moving your phone # from a TextNow cellular service plan to the TextNow VoIP service. Thanks!