Thread: Anyone have an iPhone Xs Max *and* a Samsung S10+?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Question Anyone have an iPhone Xs Max *and* a Samsung S10+?

Has anyone run speed tests side-by-side between iPhone Xs Max vs. Samsung S10+ on Verizon?
    If anyone has both phones, can you upload screenshots as this YouTuber did on T-Mobile?

Name:  t-mobile-iphone-vs-s10+.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  42.6 KB

At 0:38 (photo snippet above)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIehW1MUeBk

Device(s)
    iPhone X🅂, Galaxy S8, iPad mini 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile, US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Anyone have an iPhone Xs Max *and* a Samsung S10+?

I’m really not shocked. I have both an iPhone XS and Galaxy S10e. The XS has vastly inferior data throughput probably >75% of the time.

Example: Same spot, same position.
    Last edited by BentleyBeard; 06-06-2019 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Wrong wording.
    -Bentley

5-carrier aggregation with LAA (4+46+46+46+66) in Oklahoma City, OK on AT&T's commercial network

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
    -Albert Einstein

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    In terms if raw specs the xs max has a Intel 7560 radio, which reviews show to be pretty close to Qualcomm xs20 based phones. 4x4 mimo, 1gbps down and 150mbps up, max carrier aggregation of 5x20mhz down and 2x20mhz up. S10 10+ and 10e all have either a Qualcomm xs24 or similar Samsung exynos. 4x4 mimo, 2gbps down 316mbps up, 7 carrier aggregation (8 on exynos), 2 carriers up with 256qam on Qualcomm and 3 carriers but only 64qam on exynos (thus the same total speed.)

This is not uncommon on iPhones, charging top dollar for like 50-75 percent the raw specs of the flagship android devices. To be fair these top of the line android phones tend to be like "how fast can we get it without it *quite* melting", hot and poor battery life. Getting a phone with lower CPU and radio specs is sensible for heat and battery life purposes.

There is also the matter of how common it is to have more than 5 bands to aggregate? These speed tests seem to show it DOES happen but... wow. I've only got 4 bands of lte here (2, 4, 5, and 13) with about 25mhz total..

Bentleybeard, that's a lot of speed!!! What kind of setup does at&t have down there ?!?!

Sent from my BBB100-3 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs 256 GB Gold (Dual SIM)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post
    In terms if raw specs the xs max has a Intel 7560 radio, which reviews show to be pretty close to Qualcomm xs20 based phones. 4x4 mimo, 1gbps down and 150mbps up, max carrier aggregation of 5x20mhz down and 2x20mhz up. S10 10+ and 10e all have either a Qualcomm xs24 or similar Samsung exynos. 4x4 mimo, 2gbps down 316mbps up, 7 carrier aggregation (8 on exynos), 2 carriers up with 256qam on Qualcomm and 3 carriers but only 64qam on exynos (thus the same total speed.)

This is not uncommon on iPhones, charging top dollar for like 50-75 percent the raw specs of the flagship android devices. To be fair these top of the line android phones tend to be like "how fast can we get it without it *quite* melting", hot and poor battery life. Getting a phone with lower CPU and radio specs is sensible for heat and battery life purposes.

There is also the matter of how common it is to have more than 5 bands to aggregate? These speed tests seem to show it DOES happen but... wow. I've only got 4 bands of lte here (2, 4, 5, and 13) with about 25mhz total..

Bentleybeard, that's a lot of speed!!! What kind of setup does at&t have down there ?!?!

Sent from my BBB100-3 using HoFo mobile app
    Other than the modem, the iPhone has vastly superior internals in every way imaginable. The A12 CPU + GPU blow the 855 away.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    AT&T: 2008, 2012-2014, 2016-Present
    T-Mobile: 2011-2012, 2015, 2017-2019
    Verizon: 2010 via Straight Talk for 2 months, 2018
    Sprint: Couldn't pay me to use them

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I don't have Verizon anymore and cancelled it long before the S10+ came out. I've tried an XS Max on AT&T and an S10+ on AT&T and the S10+ always got much faster speeds.

I've cancelled all my AT&T lines and now have T-Mobile and the same thing is happening, the S10+ always has much faster speeds then the XS Max.

My Note 9 also gets slower speeds then my S10+.

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    i am sorry i vote samsung all the way here. not only for speed and performance. but also for bells and whistles to. i don't thing the apple can do 4k uhd yet i might be wrong on that though!!! though i love the power share feature on my S10 5G to where i can charge my ear buds and smart watch or even my gf iphone 8plus on the fly!!! it will be interesting to see what apple comes out with next

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    Other than the modem, the iPhone has vastly superior internals in every way imaginable. The A12 CPU + GPU blow the 855 away.
    It's been that way for several generations now. Apple is a few years ahead of Android on CPU/SoC, Android is current on network technology, while Apple is 2 or so years behind. Not to mention the Intel modems that are slow as molasses and get crappy reception.