Device(s)
    iPhone 7, LG G Stylo 3 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Red Pocket-A
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Verizon S9, RedPocket CDMA No VoLTE

So just switched from GSMA to CDMAV on Redpocket. Using a Verizon Galaxy S9, before activation of the sim, the advanced calling setting is under settings to enable and disable VoLTE. Once the new sim is activated a Promt pops up like I changed my sim and I need to reboot. After reboot the option is gone. And no VoLTE.

VoLTE works in my iPhone so I know its enabled in my account. Is there another flag that needs to be added in my account for that setting to come back?

Its not a big deal for this lines usage. But still would like to have it working.

Another note: putting a Verizon prepaid sim in the phone the setting is there and VoLTE works.
    Also under software it shows VZW/VZW/VZW but after activation it reads the sim differently and shows VZW/XAA/VZW along with under network settings the GLOBAL/CDMA only modes are gone, and it slighly treats it like a GSM sim installed.
    Current Phone: AT&T iPhone 7 128GB Gold
    867-5309 Line: LG G Stylo 3 Plus

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    How do I set up VoLTE on my Red Pocket account?

If you are using the GSMT or CDMAS networks, no setup is required!

If you are using the CDMA network, simply contact customer service and request to have VoLTE turned on for your account.

Customer service can be contacted at RedPocket.com via live chat in the bottom right corner, email at [email protected] or by calling (712) 775-8777.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Red Pocket-A
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by cnypackerfan View Post
    How do I set up VoLTE on my Red Pocket account?

If you are using the GSMT or CDMAS networks, no setup is required!

If you are using the CDMA network, simply contact customer service and request to have VoLTE turned on for your account.

Customer service can be contacted at RedPocket.com via live chat in the bottom right corner, email at [email protected] or by calling (712) 775-8777.
    Read my entire post , VoLTE works if I place the sim in my iPhone. Its already been activated through customer care, unless theres another flag thats supposed to be placed on the account for it to work with Android.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I think it's a problem specific to Samsung on VZW MVNOs.
    As a USA citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a racist, godless, immoral, hypersensitive, crass, narcissist liar, psychopath committing High Treason against the USA.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 06.03.19

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    True you did say that. Duh. Might be worth asking them though.
    Or perhaps you are running into the problem some newer Samsung phones have working on Verizon MVNOs. Some people have had a lot of issues. I don't remember the details of that though. Do all the other functions work properly? There were a few threads here on various problems.
    I see zapjb beat me on that.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Red Pocket-A
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yeah I've read about some issues but its weird.

Okay heres what makes it weird. Samsung will load whatever bloat down to the boot screen depending what sim card is in the phone..

Okay Unactivated CDMA redpocket sim, placing it in the phone after say a T-Mobile sim was in there, it will then change to Verizon boot screen, apps, etc etc.

Okay, Activate the sim... Now I put the T-Mobile sim back in it loads all the t-mobile bloat... Now after that sim has been activated if I want to get the CDMA options and Verizon branding, that sim will NO longer do that, I have to put a actual Verizon / verizon prepaid sim in the phone before it will do it.

Its like there provisining on the sims is screwed up, as the phone thought it was a Verizon sim before activation, and after actvation the phone thinks its a generic GSM sim.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I think between Samsung & VZW backed MVNOs it is on purpose. I think VZW is ******* with Samsung for some reason.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Red Pocket-A
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Also another weirdness. Is with Verizon sims it'll always popup a notification when first inserted saying its activated with the number, this sim wont do that after the first activation when something gets changed

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Red Pocket-A
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Add another, No MMS?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Red Pocket-A
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I found a thread that involved a temp workout. And it does indeed work and proves its a sim provision issue. But rebooting the phone of coruse will bring it back to non working.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I think it's a problem specific to Samsung on VZW MVNOs.
    It's specific to Samsung S7's, S8's and S9's running Oreo and Pie. Nougat appears to work correctly. The problem in my opinion is Samsung'a firmware isn't written to work with all aspects of Verizon.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by rustybronco View Post
    It's specific to Samsung S7's, S8's and S9's running Oreo and Pie. Nougat appears to work correctly. The problem in my opinion is Samsung'a firmware isn't written to work with all aspects of Verizon.
    Interesting thanks.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Red Pocket-A
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by rustybronco View Post
    Only odd part. Is the sim when not activated shows everything correctly until it’s activated. I’m sure it’s on both ends due to that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
    I found a thread that involved a temp workout. And it does indeed work and proves its a sim provision issue. But rebooting the phone of coruse will bring it back to non working.
    You can put the phone in emergency mode then reboot. After rebooting turn off emergency mode and it will still work with the inserted RP sim.

I'm currently using a Verizon branded Samsung S8+ running Android 9 and a RP CDMA sim. VoLTE does not work in my case. It did work on my Verizon branded S7 edge with RP CDMA.

In addition... inserting an active RP sim will not allow you to select LTE/CDMA. A Verizon sim or a non activated RP CDMA sim will.

Device(s)
    E4x2/Volt1/TributeHD/OTElevate/F6,etc.
    Carrier(s)
    RP/Tello/FP
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Just curious do you have the "My Verizon" app installed/enabled in your S9??

On Moto E4 phone it will not let you enable Advanced Calling feature until you enabled the My Verizon App. This is for RP CDMAV network.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast